#2821 iJizzPurple&Gold

iJizzPurple&Gold

Rookie

• 77 posts
  • Name:Johnny
  • Fan Since:im just a fan of kobe since he always wows me
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:30 AM

Hey, im new here and I have question. Back when bickerstaff was temporarily head coach, I don't really remember but didnt pau do decent? And didnt lakers destroy teams under bickerstaff, but struggled/lost to those very same teams under d'antoni? Pau was ass today, and there is no excuse for that, but I still think d'antoni's crappy system is what's hurting us the most.

#2822 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,471 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:32 AM

This pretty much confirms he is done. His last saving grace was more opportunities in the post...well

He scores .73 points in the post per possession this year
https://twitter.com/...470554607407104

That would make him 72nd in the entire NBA

https://twitter.com/...471414498451456

Last year?

http://espn.go.com/b...-card-pau-gasol

People are gonna keep using the same excuse though. But THANK YOU! :D

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2823 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hey, im new here and I have question. Back when bickerstaff was temporarily head coach, I don't really remember but didnt pau do decent? And didnt lakers destroy teams under bickerstaff, but struggled/lost to those very same teams under d'antoni? Pau was ass today, and there is no excuse for that, but I still think d'antoni's crappy system is what's hurting us the most.

It was not sustainable though. Its like a mini vacation that situation of having Bickerstaff as coach wasn't gonna last. Pau was ok but he wasn't this bad. Pau has been bad in playoffs under Phil, Brown and now bad under D'Antoni so this isn't anything new

MDA needs to do better planning on defense but the offense is doing well for hte most part until the last 2 games (9 for 47 from 3 point land)

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,416 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hey, im new here and I have question.

Welcome. Catchy username I see.

yo.

#2825 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

The Lakers have one shot at saving this season and its trading Pau for 2 or 3 players and going forward from there.

It doesn't have to be an all star piece, just a solid piece(s).

When he is traded (no doubt he will be after tonight), it needs to be for a starting 4 and two bench players. Outside of a really good player, this has to be the asking price.

#2826 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,471 posts

It was not sustainable though. Its like a mini vacation that situation of having Bickerstaff as coach wasn't gonna last. Pau was ok but he wasn't this bad. Pau has been bad in playoffs under Phil, Brown and now bad under D'Antoni so this isn't anything new

MDA needs to do better planning on defense but the offense is doing well for hte most part until the last 2 games (9 for 47 from 3 point land)

And 40 of those 47 threes were wide open.

If Meeks makes two of his corner threes he missed today we win the game X_X

He picked a bad stretch of games to go cold.

#2827 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,471 posts

The Lakers have one shot at saving this season and its trading Pau for 2 or 3 players and going forward from there.

When he is traded (no doubt he will be after tonight), it needs to be for a starting 4 and two bench players. Outside of a really good player, this has to be the asking price.

What would be your ideal trade in that scenario?

#2828 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,792 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:35 AM

I think the fact that mike brown who was clueless and seemed to not be liked by anyone on the team was fired got he team to play well. Bickerstaff really didn't do much more than just tell them to play. There never was a real offense being run. Even kobe I think was saying they were basically playing pick up ball. Problem is that may work against bad teams which it did but when we faced the spurs we lost. It was close but we did lose.

#2829 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:37 AM

Just hearing/seeing the name "Pau Gasol" makes me want to kick somebody in the shin. The guy is straight up embarrassing. The one play that absolutely destroyed all hope for him was when he was fed beautifully in the post, which is supposed to be his "sweet spot", and he was manhandled underneath by smaller guys and threw up a shot that went roughly one foot. I hope that Pau is gone ASAP. I appreciate all that he has done for the team, and he has already solidified his legacy by kickstarting us to 2 straight championships. But if he is not traded soon I say we just donate him to Goodwill.

#2830 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,792 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:38 AM

I think its more can he be traded. I just dont think any team will give us much. I understand he has an expiring contract but team would want to get that next year not this year.

• 40,416 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:38 AM

Has Pau Gasol completely tarnished his once well-stood Laker legacy?

yo.

#2832 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,489 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:39 AM

Send Gasol, Morris and Ebanks to Minny for Peckovic, Derrick Willams and either Barea, Ridnour or Kirilenko.

#2833 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,792 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:41 AM

Has Pau Gasol completely tarnished his once well-stood Laker legacy?

Probably. I mean in a few years I think people will forget allot of the bad times but right now he isn't liked in laker land. If we had traded him when we should have(cp3 trade or last season) I think he would be fondly remembered right away but it will take a while for him to get his rep back in laker land.

#2834 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:42 AM

My hope: Kirilenko/Barea/Williams

I still believe Pau ends up in Minnesota. Whether that's by a 2 team or 3 team deal, idk but if we trade straight up, that's the package i'd hope for.

Something is going to happen soon, this team is running out of time and a drastic change is needed,

#2835 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:42 AM

Posted Image

#2836 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,792 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:44 AM

Posted Image

You add chips and a drink and ill give you ebanks

Edited by bigfetz, January 05, 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#2837 iJizzPurple&Gold

iJizzPurple&Gold

Rookie

• 77 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:45 AM

We only have 2 players that can consistently hit open 3's, nash and kobe, rest are a gamble. Also did anyone else see matt barnes' face when kobe drained his last shot against him? Priceless!

#2838 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:48 AM

You add chips and a drink and ill give you ebanks

Hell, for chips and a drink they can have Ebanks, Duhon, Blake, Clark, and Morris. They might need to throw in napkins just to make the money work.

#2839 iJizzPurple&Gold

iJizzPurple&Gold

Rookie

• 77 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:50 AM

I think the fact that mike brown who was clueless and seemed to not be liked by anyone on the team was fired got he team to play well. Bickerstaff really didn't do much more than just tell them to play. There never was a real offense being run. Even kobe I think was saying they were basically playing pick up ball. Problem is that may work against bad teams which it did but when we faced the spurs we lost. It was close but we did lose.

Well I dont know about that since I wouldnt consider the spurs a bad team. If green(iirc) didnt get lucky and missed that shot we wouldve won definitely, but whatever. Lakers are going to play the spurs eventually, we'll see how that turns out.

#2840 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,792 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:52 AM

Well I dont know about that since I wouldnt consider the spurs a bad team. If green(iirc) didnt get lucky and missed that shot we wouldve won definitely, but whatever. Lakers are going to play the spurs eventually, we'll see how that turns out.

No Im saying when they faced the spurs who are a good team they lost. Basically that free flow style may work against bad teams but not against good ones like the spurs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), Bing (1)