9329 replies to this topic

#2801 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 922 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 04, 2013 - 11:43 PM

Pau for Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza. Similar money and years being exchanged.

Who says no?

Hardly ideal, but I'd take it.

#2802 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 512 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted January 04, 2013 - 11:45 PM

Interesting question: do you trade now for whatever? OR use his very valuable expiring contract next year and get something really good?

#2803 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,038 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 04, 2013 - 11:46 PM

I doubt they would take it. I would take it though

I don't know. Both haven't done much for the Wizards all season. Pau really has fallen far though.

Posted Image

#2804 Henny Loc

Henny Loc

Livin' Legend

• 703 posts
  • Name:LS3
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted January 04, 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'm sorry, but this rant is long overdue.

Watching the end of the 2010 finals, Rondo missing the three, watching Gasol getting the last rebound of the season as he kicks it to Odom, who then throws it ahead as the buzzers sounds with confetti starting to drop - wow was I livid. Watching Pau Gasol burst into tears as he hugs every guy in sight, and I'm shouting at the tv screen "That fucker has passion right there! Bless his soul! Bless his motherfuckin' soul!" Or something along those lines. I've never been more proud. But wow, have things taken the turn for the worst.

What an abhorrent excuse for a 2x championship this repugnant [expletive]-hole has become.

2011 playoffs, we get our asses dismantled by the eventual champions, and I'm calm, I'm cool, I'm collected. All the fingers were pointed in Pau Gasol's corner. I said no, this guy has had a tough season, he nearly got traded - give him another shot! 2012 playoffs, our behinds were once again ultimately devoured by the eventual conference champions with everyone once again dismally gazing at Gasol wondering, "What is wrong you?" And I return with, "Guys, one more shot! Or atleast get a big-name in return, ya' know. Pau Gasol is still a capable player I tell ya!"

Now here we are, nearly three years later after that amazing championship run by none other than Pau Gasol. Unconditionally dominating the Western Conference in 2010 - to what now has become the ultimate crud scapegoat.

From what has been the reason for 3 finals appearances, and 2 exalting championship runs, has now turned to be biggest scum of them all. Averaging 13/9/4 on 42%, contributing [expletive]-bricks to a 15-17 record as he chucks his way to complete and disappointing insignificance. Pau Gasol, not only after tonights game, has proven his worth. Playing alongside arguably the greatest play-making point guard in History, has proven his immateriality.

The unfortunate part? We're stuck with him. Earning 38 million dollars over the course of the next two seasons, Pau Gasol is at the bottom of NBA trade-track hierarchy. From rumors and offers of likes of Kevin Love, David Lee, Josh Smith to... Maybe some serviceable role players?

Do it. Pull that trigger, and never look back. Thank you for 3 Finals appearances and 2 preeminent banners, Pau Gasol - but you have done nothing there-after. You have to be out of the purple and gold funk to maintain the scant of sanity the Lakers world has left. We have no use for you, and you are simply becoming cancerous at this point. I'm tired of these silly 10/5/5 performances as the opposing bigs are dominating us at both ends - in every category. It's so disheartening to watch, please, just go away. I'm tired of it. Honestly, when Ron Artest fouled out tonight, and Jordan hill was unavailable, I was looking to Robert f*cking Sacre to come in.

The bottom-line? Tldr? Pau Gasols sucks - a lot - and I pray he's traded for anything.

Well said....

#2805 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,471 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 04, 2013 - 11:48 PM

I don't know. Both haven't done much for the Wizards all season. Pau really has fallen far though.

Its a sensible trade and Ariza would be a great adition and Okafor would be a decent back center with I think hill at the 4 and have metta come bak off the bench with Okafor.

#2806 Pau Gasol

Pau Gasol

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Name:Pau
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted January 04, 2013 - 11:49 PM

I will try better. I apologize for the Lakers not letting me in the post, but I am a good three-point shooters. Kobe is such a good player, and I love him for sticking up for me.

Sorry guys.

May I use your sig, bigfetz?

#2807 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,383 posts

Posted January 04, 2013 - 11:54 PM

Go away, damn it.

MMiRi9s.png

#2808 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,471 posts

Posted January 04, 2013 - 11:55 PM

I will try better. I apologize for the Lakers not letting me in the post, but I am a good three-point shooters. Kobe is such a good player, and I love him for sticking up for me.

Sorry guys.

May I use your sig, bigfetz?

of course pau lol

#2809 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,383 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:00 AM

Watching the end of the 2010 finals, Rondo missing the three, watching Gasol getting the last rebound of the season as he kicks it to Odom, who then throws it ahead as the buzzers sounds with confetti starting to drop - wow was I livid. Watching Pau Gasol burst into tears as he hugs every guy in sight, and I'm shouting at the tv screen "That fucker has passion right there! Bless his soul! Bless his motherfuckin' soul!" Or something along those lines. I've never been more proud. But wow, have things taken the turn for the worst.

What an abhorrent excuse for a 2x championship this repugnant [expletive]-hole has become.

2011 playoffs, we get our asses dismantled by the eventual champions, and I'm calm, I'm cool, I'm collected. All the fingers were pointed in Pau Gasol's corner. I said no, this guy has had a tough season, he nearly got traded - give him another shot! 2012 playoffs, our behinds were once again ultimately devoured by the eventual conference champions with everyone once again dismally gazing at Gasol wondering, "What is wrong you?" And I return with, "Guys, one more shot! Or atleast get a big-name in return, ya' know. Pau Gasol is still a capable player I tell ya!"

Now here we are, nearly three years later after that amazing championship run by none other than Pau Gasol. Unconditionally dominating the Western Conference in 2010 - to what now has become the ultimate crud scapegoat.

From what has been the reason for 3 finals appearances, and 2 exalting championship runs, has now turned to be biggest scum of them all. Averaging 13/9/4 on 42%, contributing [expletive]-bricks to a 15-17 record as he chucks his way to complete and disappointing insignificance. Pau Gasol, not only after tonights game, has proven his worth. Playing alongside arguably the greatest play-making point guard in History, has proven his immateriality.

The unfortunate part? We're stuck with him. Earning 38 million dollars over the course of the next two seasons, Pau Gasol is at the bottom of NBA trade-track hierarchy. From rumors and offers of likes of Kevin Love, David Lee, Josh Smith to... Maybe some serviceable role players?

Do it. Pull that trigger, and never look back. Thank you for 3 Finals appearances and 2 preeminent banners, Pau Gasol - but you have done nothing there-after. You have to be out of the purple and gold funk to maintain the scant of sanity the Lakers world has left. We have no use for you, and you are simply becoming cancerous at this point. I'm tired of these silly 10/5/5 performances as the opposing bigs are dominating us at both ends - in every category. It's so disheartening to watch, please, just go away. I'm tired of it. Honestly, when Ron Artest fouled out tonight, and Jordan hill was unavailable, I was looking to Robert f*cking Sacre to come in.

The bottom-line? Tldr? Pau Gasols sucks - a lot - and I pray he's traded for anything.

Nailed it right on the head.

:clap2:

MMiRi9s.png

#2810 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:02 AM

So far, the post of this short year. Nice job.

Posted Image

#2811 Pau Gasol

Pau Gasol

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Name:Pau
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:07 AM

Here's a good trade idea, my fans. A four-team trade that would help!

RAPTORS TRADE
Jose Calderon

WOLVES TRADE
Ricky Rubio

GRIZZLIES TRADE
Marc Gasol (who is my brother, I don't know if you guys know that or not)

LAKERS TRADE
Steve Nash (to TORONTO)
Jordan Hill (to MINNESOTA)
Ron Artest (to MEMPHIS)

Then we can bring Rudy Fernandez over!

C - Marc Gasol | Dwight Howard
PF - Pau Gasol! | Antawn Jamison
SF - Rudy Fernandez | Devin Ebanks
SG - Jose Calderon | Kobe Bryant
PG - Ricky Rubio | Darius Morris

I would play my heart out!

#2812 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:09 AM

Ok this account is just stupid. ^

Posted Image

#2813 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,837 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

RAPTORS TRADE
Jose Calderon

WOLVES TRADE
Ricky Rubio

GRIZZLIES TRADE

LAKERS TRADE
Steve Nash (to TORONTO)
Ron Artest (to MEMPHIS)

You should play your heart out anyway.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2814 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,383 posts

RAPTORS TRADE
Jose Calderon

WOLVES TRADE
Ricky Rubio

GRIZZLIES TRADE

LAKERS TRADE
Steve Nash (to TORONTO)
Ron Artest (to MEMPHIS)

What a horrible trade.

Darius Morris is still there, AND Devin Ebanks.

Edited by Hey, January 05, 2013 - 12:11 AM.

MMiRi9s.png

#2815 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:10 AM

BEST TRAD EVER

Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol for Chris Paul.... Oh wait.
Laker fan for life.

#2816 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,471 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:13 AM

RAPTORS TRADE
Jose Calderon

WOLVES TRADE
Ricky Rubio

GRIZZLIES TRADE

LAKERS TRADE
Steve Nash (to TORONTO)
Ron Artest (to MEMPHIS)

That trade is a [expletive]ty as you play.

#2817 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:18 AM

This pretty much confirms he is done. His last saving grace was more opportunities in the post...well

He scores .73 points in the post per possession this year
https://twitter.com/...470554607407104

That would make him 72nd in the entire NBA

https://twitter.com/...471414498451456

Last year?

http://espn.go.com/b...-card-pau-gasol

ia Synergy, no Laker averaged more points per possession in the post than Gasol's .968.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2818 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,471 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:23 AM

This pretty much confirms he is done. His last saving grace was more opportunities in the post...well

He scores .73 points in the post per possession this year
https://twitter.com/...470554607407104

That would make him 72nd in the entire NBA

https://twitter.com/...471414498451456

Last year?

http://espn.go.com/b...-card-pau-gasol

Thank you. I wish people would stop using that excuse. All I hear from article pau defender etc is he isnt getting post ouches. Well one he doesnt try to get there and even when he does he still sucks.

#2819 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,313 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:24 AM

Watching the end of the 2010 finals, Rondo missing the three, watching Gasol getting the last rebound of the season as he kicks it to Odom, who then throws it ahead as the buzzers sounds with confetti starting to drop - wow was I livid. Watching Pau Gasol burst into tears as he hugs every guy in sight, and I'm shouting at the tv screen "That [expletive]er has passion right there! Bless his soul! Bless his mother[expletive]in' soul!" Or something along those lines. I've never been more proud. But wow, have things taken the turn for the worst.

Do it. Pull that trigger, and never look back. Thank you for 3 Finals appearances and 2 preeminent banners, Pau Gasol - but you have done nothing there-after. You have to be out of the purple and gold funk to maintain the scant of sanity the Lakers world has left. We have no use for you, and you are simply becoming cancerous at this point. I'm tired of these silly 10/5/5 performances as the opposing bigs are dominating us at both ends - in every category. It's so disheartening to watch, please, just go away. I'm tired of it. Honestly, when Ron Artest fouled out tonight, and Jordan hill was unavailable, I was looking to Robert [expletive]ing Sacre to come in.

Well written and right on the money!
I've tried to defend the dude because of the two championships and because he is a nice guy in real life, but at this point he needs to go.

#2820 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,795 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:29 AM

at this point, id trade pau for a box of gatorade

13z8pc6.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (4)