7911 replies to this topic

#2581 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,728 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:23 PM

Anderson Varejao is three times Jordan Hill. He's arguably an all-star out East...putting up 14/14 with very good defense.

And for the last time, let's just leave the Bargnani talk on the curb. He sucks. The Raptors are currently one of the hotter teams in the NBA right now, and it's ALL because he's not on that roster.

Toronto started the season 4-19. Since Bargnani's injury, they are 7-2. No, it's not because the Raptors are hard to figure out without their primary scorer...the man shot 39% or so, didn't do ANYTHING else but shoot on the offensive end, and his defense was abysmal. He is actually worse than Gasol.

Let's not.

#2582 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 690 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Cleveland gets Gasol and DJO.
Atlanta gets Varejao, Walton, and Booby Gibson.
Lakers get Josh Smith and Kyle Korver.

Thoughts? It works financially
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#2583 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:28 PM

I actually would see the cavs trying to get him for Tristan Thompson If they are trying to keep varejo

Just because I don't see them stupid enough to think they can get pau without giving up one of those 2
Posted Image

#2584 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 690 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:32 PM

I actually would see the cavs trying to get him for Tristan Thompson If they are trying to keep varejo

Just because I don't see them stupid enough to think they can get pau without giving up one of those 2

That could work too since they do have 9 mil in cap space. A straight up trade of Thompson + Gibson + Miles for Pau and PJO works.

#2585 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:40 PM

will Anderson really help this team or will we get tristan thompson in return for gasol?

#2586 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:47 PM

Anderson would make our defense unstoppable

Would be nice to get boobie gibson to.
Posted Image

#2587 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Ugh.

• 7,918 posts
  • Name:Hello, My Baby!
  • Fan Since:Hello, My Darlin'!
  • Fav. Laker:Hello, My Ragtime Gal!

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:11 PM

will Anderson really help this team or will we get tristan thompson in return for gasol?

Yes, he could help the team.

He hustles.

Trade for Austin Rivers, say, Hill & Johnson. 

#2588 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,060 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:25 PM

I would take Varejao in a second. Problem is guess who would be coming back. Luke walton. We would need salaries to match and I doubt they actually think Varejao is not as good as pau so we would have to take bad contracts. Though I would take walton and another bad contract and just waive some scrubs and fill them with other scrubs. We get better at power forward and we really dont lose any money. It would maybe be at most half a mill increase but our power foward would be much much better. A trade something like this I think:
http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=balcq58
I understand walton is not something we would want and gibson sucks but who cares. What the diference between duhon and gibson and we can just waive someone like ebanks or clark to fit walton in.

We dont get worse any way we only get better at the 4 position and payroll would increase at most half a mill if anything at all.

Edited by bigfetz, January 02, 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#2589 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:28 PM

Gibson doesn't suck. He thrives when there are people who get doubled and he can shoot open shots

Guy is a sniper
Posted Image

#2590 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,156 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Yeah but the thing with Hill is that he works with Gasol because Gasol isn't looking to post up anyway. Jordan Hill works in spurts but not for extended minutes cause if he stays in too long long it screws with our spacing. Which is why he doesn't start.

Varejao on this team would basically screw spacing on both our bench and starting lineups because of the fact he dominates where Howard roams and would hit the mid range about as often as Hill and would be relegated there for a majority of the time.

I disagree on both accounts. Both can hit the midrange J with consistency which helps spacing in the post. Both Hill and Varejao are high energy players. Both rebound WELL (on the offensive end). Both move their feet well on D. Both have a nose for the ball.

Not seeing the downside here...

7511301026_4a46afba50.jpg

Calling it right now:

Andrew Wiggins will be better than LeBron James.

#2591 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

I hate Varejao for his flopping but I'd gladly welcome him if it means getting rid of Pau. Sick of his inconsistency. It's like having Lamar Odom all over again except with a $20M price-tag.

Varejao will hustle on the floor, play solid defense, and he'll roll after every single pick if he has the lane. Perpetual motion, bring him on board.

#2592 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,669 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:29 PM

I would take Varejao in a heartbeat, but not too sure for Pau
Posted Image

#2593 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:30 PM

Varejo is a much better mid range shooter than hill. Think Jordan hill with more length, better defense and a consistent mid range jumper

Talk about fitting like a glove
Posted Image

#2594 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 690 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:32 PM

I would take Varejao in a second. Problem is guess who would be coming back. Luke walton. We would need salaries to match and I doubt they actually think Varejao is not as good as pau so we would have to take bad contracts. Though I would take walton and another bad contract and just waive some scrubs and fill them with other scrubs. We get better at power forward and we really dont lose any money. It would maybe be at most half a mill increase but our power foward would be much much better. A trade something like this I think:
http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=balcq58
I understand walton is not something we would want and gibson sucks but who cares. What the diference between duhon and gibson and we can just waive someone like ebanks or clark to fit walton in.

We dont get worse any way we only get better at the 4 position and payroll would increase at most half a mill if anything at all.

Gibson doesn't suck....and Walton is an expiring 6 mil contract, so thats actually a positive, not the negative you make it out to be. We wouldn't just waive players though, we would have to send back someone like Ebanks or Clark along with DJO to make it work

#2595 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,060 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:38 PM

Gibson doesn't suck. He thrives when there are people who get doubled and he can shoot open shots

Guy is a sniper

He has the exact same stats as duhon pretty much. Good 3P% with a horrible overall shooting %. I doubt they would miss him much especially cuz his contract is pretty large. Though it is expiring so Alonzo Gee would also work. His contract is for 3 years and 3.5 mill. dot know much about him but his stats aren't that good.

#2596 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:59 PM

He has the exact same stats as duhon pretty much. Good 3P% with a horrible overall shooting %. I doubt they would miss him much especially cuz his contract is pretty large. Though it is expiring so Alonzo Gee would also work. His contract is for 3 years and 3.5 mill. dot know much about him but his stats aren't that good.

Stats don't tell the whole story. Duhon and Gibson are not on the same level as shooters
Posted Image

#2597 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,534 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 02, 2013 - 09:15 PM

I like Gibson, he can light us up from three. Much younger and quicker than Blake and Duhon

#2598 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Ugh.

• 7,918 posts
  • Name:Hello, My Baby!
  • Fan Since:Hello, My Darlin'!
  • Fav. Laker:Hello, My Ragtime Gal!

Posted January 02, 2013 - 09:39 PM

I like Gibson, he can light us up from three. Much younger and quicker than Blake and Duhon

You just got Cj listening, lol.

Trade for Austin Rivers, say, Hill & Johnson. 

#2599 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,533 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:29 PM

Rebound at a high rate.
Run the floor well.
Bring a starting level energy player to the frontcourt.
Hit the midrange J with consistency.
Attack the rim off the bounce.
Set REAL picks and roll to the RIM instead of floating around the ft line.

Varejao fits well with this team...getting him for Pau would help this team on both ends of the floor...would it be a fair trade? Debatable...

if his mid range J was consistent, then Majesty(and i) would welcome varejoa

"The West aint close, now that the LAL got Dwight, who gon stop him on OKC!????" - Chris Webber (nba tv -August)

Big 4s are OVERRATED. you think Nash/Kobe/Dwight cant carry the whole Offensive load!?
(Peace Pau we need pieces, not MettaWorldPieces!!!!!!!!)

#2600 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,955 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Young

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:34 PM

No on this trade, Varejão is having knee problems himself.

I hope this isn't the best we can get for Pau Gasol....

Edited by Chad, January 02, 2013 - 10:36 PM.

CHAD.jpg

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)