#2501 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 31, 2012 - 11:37 AM

Just out of curiosity, would you guys do a straight up Gasol for Josh Smith swap right now?

Of course. Get rid of a pathetic player and gain a solid one.

No reason for ATL to do this though.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#2502 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 31, 2012 - 11:38 AM

Yes. Offensive isn't an issue with this team, it's defense. Smith and Howard would be deadly together on the inside.

offense isnt the problem with the first unit,very,very true. but i believe the 2nd unit's offense might prove be the downfall of this team. we need a player who can create offense off the dribble. we dont have a player who can do that on a consistent basis, if the offense stalls, i.e whenever the ball ends up on the wing; whos our best option at that point?mwp?hes not consitent enough,hes good, but i dont trust him to get me a good shot more times than not

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#2503 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 31, 2012 - 11:42 AM

offense isnt the problem with the first unit,very,very true. but i believe the 2nd unit's offense might prove be the downfall of this team. we need a player who can create offense off the dribble. we dont have a player who can do that on a consistent basis, if the offense stalls, i.e whenever the ball ends up on the wing; whos our best option at that point?mwp?hes not consitent enough,hes good, but i dont trust him to get me a good shot more times than not

We do need bench help, I agree. But I believe we can address that for cheap, giving up Gasol for bench players doesn't make sense to me unless we are getting a legit package of role players.

#2504 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 11:47 AM

We do need bench help, I agree. But I believe we can address that for cheap, giving up Gasol for bench players doesn't make sense to me unless we are getting a legit package of role players.

ya i dont want to trade Pau for strictly bench players either,despite my name, and ive said it a bunch of times - we need to get a stretch 4 who can board (Antoni wants this) and a bench piece for pau, if we were to trade him.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#2505 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 31, 2012 - 12:53 PM

i knew what you were saying sounded too good to be true, so i checked

http://espn.go.com/l...sign-trade-deal

[expletive] it was too good to be true. I thought they had picks because that site I linked showed empty spots for the Lakers 2013 second round pick and the 2015 first round pick. They really did go all in for Nash and Dwight. All they have is the Nuggets top 55 protected pick and if it's anything 55 or below, the obligation goes away. I still have faith in Mitch to pull off a smaller deal.

#2506 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,251 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:34 PM

Please stop shifting the blame to someone else. This is ALL on Pau Gasol. He's taking 12 shots a game this season; the season he averaged 18/11/3 and 54% shooting, he was getting 13 attempts a game...that's what you call a bull[expletive] excuse.

If he's the fourth option it's because he relegated himself to that role. It's not Kobe Bryant's, Dwight Howard's, and Steve Nash's faults that Pau Gasol is shooting 43% from the field. It's no one else's fault that he gets bent over defensively, it's no one else's fault that Pau Gasol won't play consistent basketball.

This is the biggest drop off of production in the history of the league. He's worst than garbage.

The guy is averaging 13/4/9 not many people in the league average that. His field goal percentage is down because he is shooting more jumpers because Dwight is in the paint.

#2507 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,026 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:02 PM

The guy is averaging 13/4/9 not many people in the league average that. His field goal percentage is down because he is shooting more jumpers because Dwight is in the paint.

He was shooting a worse percentage in the paint than he was on jump shots =p

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#2508 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted December 31, 2012 - 05:02 PM

Source? I'm not questioning you, I'd just like to see where stats like that can be found.

#2509 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,251 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 05:15 PM

I know. But you cannot deny that his field goal percentage was affected by his outside shots.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, December 31, 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#2510 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 05:26 PM

I know. But you cannot deny that his field goal percentage was affected by his outside shots.

100% true. and the amount is excessive

#2511 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,026 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 05:40 PM

100% true. and the amount is excessive

he was shooting a worse percentage from the paint, his jump shot were what kept his percentage from dropping lower

#2512 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,334 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted December 31, 2012 - 05:43 PM

Just out of curiosity, would you guys do a straight up Gasol for Josh Smith swap right now?

hahahaha

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#2513 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,850 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 31, 2012 - 05:59 PM

no, i would try to get korver or another team involved to get an athletic SG/SF

2div

#2514 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,251 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 06:03 PM

he was shooting a worse percentage from the paint, his jump shot were what kept his percentage from dropping lower

hes barely shot in the paint. he has sho much more outside the paint, so missing 1 shot in the paint affects that percantage much more than areas where he has shot a lot at. again u just like to disagree with people because you always want to be right about eveything.

#2515 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 31, 2012 - 06:41 PM

New york uni

LOL....no, nyu...think "anime", nyu.

As for Pau's worth to this team, it's debatable but not established by a "ceiling" in this offense, nyu. He's got all of the physical tools and talent to be successful in a free flowing offense if he makes subtle adjustments to his P&R play (positioning, roll speed, roll timing and aggressiveness), there aren't too many players we could get in return who would do a better job, nyu.

Am I supporting Pau, nyu? No...but I would not be surprised if they stuck with him, nyu.

#2516 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,582 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted December 31, 2012 - 07:15 PM

Buy Pau and get Duhon free!

Limited time offer so act quickly T-Wolves/any other team.
1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

#2517 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 04:13 PM

Would you guys trade Pau for Lamar Odom straight-up? Lamar, despite lower perceived value in that trade, is tailor-made to be a stretch-4 in D'Antoni's system.

#2518 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,849 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 01, 2013 - 04:15 PM

Would you guys trade Pau for Lamar Odom straight-up? Lamar, despite lower perceived value in that trade, is tailor-made to be a stretch-4 in D'Antoni's system.

lol

#2519 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,026 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 04:21 PM

No, but i'd trade Ebanks and Clark for Ariza and Odom :laughing:

#2520 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted January 01, 2013 - 04:27 PM

:hysterical:

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)