9329 replies to this topic

#2381 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:35 PM

If KG can still guard PFs, then I think Pau would help them out. They really struggle with size when KG exits, and KG is primarily a jump shooter now.

He would definitely be the 3rd option scoring-wise, and see the ball the 3rd or 4th most.

Posted Image

#2382 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,641 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:37 PM

I did not say they would solely their offense thru them two. I said they would run it around them. You idiot.

again

It's not just about being the second option while on the floor. It's about being "the guy" for your team, knowing you have to play well for your team to play well, knowing where you are gonna get the ball, when you are gonna get the ball. If he played for the celtics the offense would be all about rondo and Pau.

NO ONE is buying your BS but you keep spewing it. How many times does this have to be proven to you :laughing:

You just don't want to admit you were wrong and got busted on it. Whatever, I quote that all day :) keep trying to say you didn't say what you said :bounce:

Edited by Majesty, December 28, 2012 - 10:37 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2383 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:47 PM

Pau would indeed help them but he will not be a main option there no chance. But Bradley + Green for Pau? We are getting buttraped in this trade. Green is not a good player at all. Avery Bradley last I checked is quite injured and not very proven? Nah bad trade all over. Id rather take the Minny or Toronto trades over this and they are terrible aswell.
Laker fan for life.

#2384 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,174 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:47 PM

again

NO ONE is buying your BS but you keep spewing it. How many times does this have to be proven to you :laughing:

You just don't want to admit you were wrong and got busted on it. Whatever, I quote that all day :) keep trying to say you didn't say what you said :bounce:

I said fact after fact. You just shot down by saying "no...I win" you. You didn't give any reason why he wouldn't help the celtics.

#2385 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,174 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Pau would indeed help them but he will not be a main option there no chance. But Bradley + Green for Pau? We are getting buttraped in this trade. Green is not a good player at all. Avery Bradley last I checked is quite injured and not very proven? Nah bad trade all over. Id rather take the Minny or Toronto trades over this and they are terrible aswell.

You rather take bargnani instead of an elite defender and a guy that can get you 15 a night that would thrive in this system.

#2386 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,641 posts

I said fact after fact. You just shot down by saying "no...I win" you. You didn't give any reason why he wouldn't help the celtics.

I never said he wouldn't help the Celtics.

I said you were neglecting to notice that Pau doesn't play the post nearly enough when Dwight isn't on the court and how that is his opportunity to show what he can still do at the 5 position and that he doesn't take the advantage as much as she should when Dwight isn't on the court and that it is HIS problem he has to deal with.

This is all true. But rather than agree that he isn't near aggressive enough to post when Dwight isn't in, YOU decided to fabricate stuff to try to keep yourself "right" when you had no need or reason to do so, because
that's when YOU tried to make up an argument that Gasol had to be THE MAN in order to really play well, and that is when you tried to say that Gasol and Rondo would be who the offense was ran through in Boston. Which was stupid in general.

So basically in order to try to defend a perspective I never challenged you fabricated even more BS that I later caught you on that you STILL haven't been able to answer and are now trying to act like you never said despite the fact I quoted you on it time and time and time again.

And here we stand, you tired yourself in a knot rather than admitting you were wrong trying to defend a perspective I never attacked rather than admit where I was correct you tried to change around the opinion JUST so you could act like you were still right.

THAT is how you wound up saying stupid stuff like the offense would be run through Rondo and Pau. Because you were too prideful to even admit that from one perspective you were wrong or rather where another opinion was correct.

Had you just admitted "yeah he isn't nearly as aggressive in the post as he should be and he should look to do it often, but I still think he'll help the Celtics regardless."

But NO, rather than even agree a little you HAD to remain defiant and add on to what you said before by going "WELL GASOL HAS TO BE THE MAN OR HE WON'T PERFORM!!" And then that's how it turned into "THE CELTICS WOULD RUN IT THROUGH GASOL AND RONDO!!" Because you were too childish to agree even to a small extent so all you did was compound BS and it caught up to you.

That is why you're in the position you're in and you have no one to blame but yourself.

Edited by Majesty, December 28, 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#2387 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Without the injury problem, I'd love Bradley. He can defend both guards and smaller wing players. Not a huge fan of Green, but he's been a proven contributor. He hasn't so far this season though.

I'd say no because of the injury issue to Bradley. I think I'd say yes if he were healthy though. Again, this team should be desperate for some quick defenders.

Posted Image

#2388 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,174 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:01 PM

Without the injury problem, I'd love Bradley. He can defend both guards and smaller wing players. Not a huge fan of Green, but he's been a proven contributor. He hasn't so far this season though.

I'd say no because of the injury issue to Bradley. I think I'd say yes if he were healthy though. Again, this team should be desperate for some quick defenders.

Exactly my thoughts.

#2389 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:01 PM

You rather take bargnani instead of an elite defender and a guy that can get you 15 a night that would thrive in this system.

If you read my post properly you'd realise I said I would rather NEITHER. But yes Bargani over that bum green whos shooting 30% from 3 and 41% from the field in a bench role with 23 mins a game and only 9 points a game?? Avery Bradley is okay but right now his injured and has had consistent problems with his shoulders and ankles. I like him. But Id still pass on that trade. Also dealing Pau to the BOSTON CELTICS of all teams would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

More on green? the best move OKC could have ever done was trading him lol.

Edited by Lakers4Life, December 28, 2012 - 11:02 PM.

Laker fan for life.

#2390 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,174 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:04 PM

I never said he wouldn't help the Celtics.

I said you were neglecting to notice that Pau doesn't play the post nearly enough when Dwight isn't on the court and how that is his opportunity to show what he can still do at the 5 position and that he doesn't take the advantage as much as she should when Dwight isn't on the court and that it is HIS problem he has to deal with.

This is all true. But rather than agree that he isn't near aggressive enough to post when Dwight isn't in, YOU decided to fabricate stuff to try to keep yourself "right" when you had no need or reason to do so, because
that's when YOU tried to make up an argument that Gasol had to be THE MAN in order to really play well, and that is when you tried to say that Gasol and Rondo would be who the offense was ran through in Boston. Which was stupid in general.

So basically in order to try to defend a perspective I never challenged you fabricated even more BS that I later caught you on that you STILL haven't been able to answer and are now trying to act like you never said despite the fact I quoted you on it time and time and time again.

And here we stand, you tired yourself in a knot rather than admitting you were wrong trying to defend a perspective I never attacked rather than admit where I was correct you tried to change around the opinion JUST so you could act like you were still right.

THAT is how you wound up saying stupid stuff like the offense would be run through Rondo and Pau. Because you were too prideful to even admit that from one perspective you were wrong or rather where another opinion was correct.

Had you just admitted "yeah he isn't nearly as aggressive in the post as he should be and he should look to do it often, but I still think he'll help the Celtics regardless."

But NO, rather than even agree a little you HAD to remain defiant and add on to what you said before by going "WELL GASOL HAS TO BE THE MAN OR HE WON'T PERFORM!!" And then that's how it turned into "THE CELTICS WOULD RUN IT THROUGH GASOL AND RONDO!!" Because you were too childish to agree even to a small extent so all you did was compound BS and it caught up to you.

That is why you're in the position you're in and you have no one to blame but yourself.

Bro the only reason I was saying all this [expletive] is because you shoot down my idea of a realistic trade and say the same thing every other laker fan that doesn't know what they talkin bout "just trade Pau and duhon for josh smith and devin Harris.

#2391 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,641 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:08 PM

Bro the only reason I was saying all this [expletive] is because you shoot down my idea of a realistic trade and say the same thing every other laker fan that doesn't know what they talkin bout "just trade Pau and duhon for josh smith and devin Harris.

makes more sense that trying to sale the idea that the Celtics would run their offense through Gasol and Rondo and that Gasol "needs to be the man" and that he would be "the man" in Boston over Pierce and Garnett.

I didn't turn it into the realm of ridiculousness you did. I stated why I felt he wasn't being strong in the post and taking advantage of the opportunities he got when Howard wasn't on the court.

That's when you went and turned it into what it was.

Like I said, no one else to blame but yourself, and you're only digging your hole deeper. Stop looking around for someone else to blame and look in the mirror. This happened because of your ego, and now that same ego can't take it. I do feel sorry for you sir. Good day.

#2392 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,174 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:13 PM

makes more sense that trying to sale the idea that the Celtics would run their offense through Gasol and Rondo and that Gasol "needs to be the man" and that he would be "the man" in Boston over Pierce and Garnett.

I didn't turn it into the realm of ridiculousness you did. I stated why I felt he wasn't being strong in the post and taking advantage of the opportunities he got when Howard wasn't on the court.

That's when you went and turned it into what it was.

Like I said, no one else to blame but yourself, and you're only digging your hole deeper. Stop looking around for someone else to blame and look in the mirror. This happened because of your ego, and now that same ego can't take it. I do feel sorry for you sir. Good day.

I never said Gasol would be the man in Boston.

#2393 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,641 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:17 PM

I never said Gasol would be the man in Boston.

Right....

It's not just about being the second option while on the floor. It's about being "the guy" for your team, knowing you have to play well for your team to play well, knowing where you are gonna get the ball, when you are gonna get the ball. If he played for the celtics the offense would be all about rondo and Pau.

Want to try again?

Edited by Majesty, December 28, 2012 - 11:17 PM.

#2394 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,174 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 12:24 AM

Right....

Want to try again?

I never said he would be the man in Boston.

#2395 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:46 AM

I never said he would be the man in Boston.

You said he would be "the guy" IN Boston and I'm telling you he would not.... Pau had a good game last night but what about defense though? And Pau has one good game and everybody gets all happy then when he goes back to playing like crap the trade rumors spike back up

#2396 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,174 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 12:36 PM

You said he would be "the guy" IN Boston and I'm telling you he would not.... Pau had a good game last night but what about defense though? And Pau has one good game and everybody gets all happy then when he goes back to playing like crap the trade rumors spike back up

Never said he'd be the guy in Boston.

#2397 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 01:24 PM

Never said he'd be the guy in Boston.

In your post you said the offense would be all about Rondo and Gasol.

So unless you think Rondo will be the man in Boston, which means you think he'll be the #1 option on offense, then you obviously mean Gasol will be the man on offense.

Which is it?

• 40,395 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 01:27 PM

Don't question him. He knows it all.

yo.

#2399 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2012 - 02:04 PM

paus playing great with confidence. secretly a trade for kevin love is going down lol

jk

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#2400 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2012 - 02:25 PM

You guys are arguing about hypothetical situations on a message board. Could Pau be the man in Boston? Yes. Could he not? Yes. Also. He isn't getting traded to Boston, so this discussion can stay hypothetical. You are both correct and crowned co-kings of the Internet message board.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users