9329 replies to this topic

#2361 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:20 PM

Metta shouldn't be traded while Clark, Duhon, Ebanks are on this team. Metta is the sole reason we don't play 2 of those 3.

If it overall helps the team, then I would. I don't know if that particular trade is worth it, but nobody is too valuable to move unless his name is Lebron James.

Metta has been a very productive player, but this team is dying for some defense.

Edited by Japago, December 28, 2012 - 07:21 PM.

Posted Image

#2362 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,976 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:30 PM

If it overall helps the team, then I would. I don't know if that particular trade is worth it, but nobody is too valuable to move unless his name is Lebron James.

Metta has been a very productive player, but this team is dying for some defense.

So you would trade away our best wing defender aside from Kobe as well as our most consistent scorer other than Kobe? :no: :eh:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#2363 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:31 PM

So you would trade away our best wing defender aside from Kobe as well as our most consistent scorer other than Kobe? :no: :eh:

If it helps the team by bringing in something that would help the team more, then yes.

You shouldn't judge a trade just by seeing a name and automatically saying no. See what comes back in return first.

That goes for any player.

Edited by Japago, December 28, 2012 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image

#2364 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,976 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:41 PM

If it helps the team by bringing in something that would help the team more, then yes.

You shouldn't judge a trade just by seeing a name and automatically saying no. See what comes back in return first.

yes but you ALSO have to consider what you're giving up and what kind of lineup the trade makes sense with.

As in don't trade away a person that would benefit with the lineup as the trade goes. It's not about trading pieces, it's about moving the pieces that don't fit and bringing in ones that do.

Metta fits, and without him we'd have lost a LOT more and he's our main course of action in terms of defending the likes of Melo and Durant. The way you deal a trade for someone like Josh Smith is you try to KEEP Metta and Smith on the same team. Not trading Metta AND Gasol for someone like Smith and Korver.

You improved one position but severely weakened another which puts us back at square one.

Know what I mean?

#2365 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:47 PM

yes but you ALSO have to consider what you're giving up and what kind of lineup the trade makes sense with.

As in don't trade away a person that would benefit with the lineup as the trade goes. It's not about trading pieces, it's about moving the pieces that don't fit and bringing in ones that do.

Metta fits, and without him we'd have lost a LOT more and he's our main course of action in terms of defending the likes of Melo and Durant. The way you deal a trade for someone like Josh Smith is you try to KEEP Metta and Smith on the same team. Not trading Metta AND Gasol for someone like Smith and Korver.

You improved one position but severely weakened another which puts us back at square one.

Know what I mean?

That's why I'm saying IF it helps the team overall. This team has major needs. I know that Metta has been a very productive player and the Lakers would need to get something solid in return.

And, he can't defend Melo and Durant. They both got above their season averages against him. His only true value on this team today is on offense.

Mediocre wing players are starting to light up the Lakers. Look at Corey Brewer in Denver. Kobe and/or Metta would've taken the responsibility to stop him if they were still as good on defense as they used to be. This team desperately needs a new wing defender.

Edited by Japago, December 28, 2012 - 07:50 PM.

Posted Image

#2366 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,976 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 08:57 PM

That's why I'm saying IF it helps the team overall. This team has major needs. I know that Metta has been a very productive player and the Lakers would need to get something solid in return.

And, he can't defend Melo and Durant. They both got above their season averages against him. His only true value on this team today is on offense.

Mediocre wing players are starting to light up the Lakers. Look at Corey Brewer in Denver. Kobe and/or Metta would've taken the responsibility to stop him if they were still as good on defense as they used to be. This team desperately needs a new wing defender.

he defends Melo and Durant pretty much better than most can manage. They got their averages but you can't act like he didn't frustrate them or force them into turnovers. ask Carmelo. He may not SHUT THEM DOWN. But him on them is a LOT better than asking Kobe to defend them and expend his energy there and Metta would defend them better than most. They'll get their points but that's ALWAYS the case. Metta just makes them work

#2367 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 09:54 PM

You still think Pau wouldn't help the celtics?

#2368 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,380 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:01 PM

I'd be shocked if we traded Pau.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#2369 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,960 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:02 PM

Keep that feeling pau. Gotta keep it up. Played great tonight.

#2370 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,047 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:03 PM

I loved the Pau dreamshake. I haven't seen a move like that from him since maybe 2010.

#2371 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:07 PM

he defends Melo and Durant pretty much better than most can manage. They got their averages but you can't act like he didn't frustrate them or force them into turnovers. ask Carmelo. He may not SHUT THEM DOWN. But him on them is a LOT better than asking Kobe to defend them and expend his energy there and Metta would defend them better than most. They'll get their points but that's ALWAYS the case. Metta just makes them work

They got above their averages, and on above average efficiency. That means he's doing worse than half of the players they go up against.

I don't want Kobe to guard them. That's why the Lakers need a NEW perimeter defender. One that has the athleticism to keep up with the younger guys.

Posted Image

#2372 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:08 PM

They got above their averages, and on above average efficiency. That means he's doing worse than half of the players they go up against.

I don't want Kobe to guard them. That's why the Lakers need a NEW perimeter defender. One that has the athleticism to keep up with the younger guys.

Avery bradley

#2373 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:19 PM

I loved the Pau dreamshake. I haven't seen a move like that from him since maybe 2010.

I know, right?! A thing of beauty.

#2374 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,976 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:24 PM

You still think Pau wouldn't help the celtics?

HE still wouldn't be THE GUY and the Celtics wouldn't run their offense through him and Rondo. You're still wrong.

You're not going to save yourself, just let it go.

#2375 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:27 PM

Wait can I ask what was the trade proposal to the celtics that you guys are arguing about??

Plus Rondo, Gasol, Pierce and Garnett. Pau would be the 3rd and 4th option on that team. Rondo is not even a go to guy scoring wise. Itll be Pierce, KG, Pau then Rondo or Pierce, KG, Rondo then Pau.
Laker fan for life.

#2376 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:28 PM

HE still wouldn't be THE GUY and the Celtics wouldn't run their offense through him and Rondo. You're still wrong.

You're not going to save yourself, just let it go.

You're such an idiot. My whole point was that Pau would help the celtics. You and cj said he wouldn't help them.

#2377 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:29 PM

Wait can I ask what was the trade proposal to the celtics that you guys are arguing about??

Plus Rondo, Gasol, Pierce and Garnett. Pau would be the 3rd and 4th option on that team. Rondo is not even a go to guy scoring wise. Itll be Pierce, KG, Pau then Rondo or Pierce, KG, Rondo then Pau.

This was one of my posts on lakernation.com
Here's another scenario that helps out both teams:
Celtics get: Pau Gasol and Chris duhon
Lakers get: Avery Bradley, Jeff green
Don't know if salaries work. If not, third gets involved.

Helps celtics: they NEED a 7 footer next to Garnett, Jeff green isn't being used there properly, not enough minutes to go around at the guard spot when Bradley gets back.

Helps lakers: Bradley is lakers dream backup point guard. Green is the perfect stretch four for this team.
Lineups:
Rondo/duhon
Terry/barbosa
Pierce/lee
Garnett/bass
Gasol/bass/Collins

Nash/Bradley
Bradley or Kobe/Meeks/Morris
Kobe or metta/green or metta
Green/Jamison(got him some minutes
Dwight/hill

Possible rotation for lakers:
Nash,Bradley,Kobe,green, Dwight all start.
Nash and green come out around the 5 minute mark of 1st quarter. Meeks and metta come in, now the lineup is
Bradley
Meeks
Kobe
Metta
Dwight

Then with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter, Bradley, Kobe, Dwight come out. Morris, Jamison, hill come in.

Lineup at:
Morris
Meeks
Metta
Jamison
Hill

Then at the 10 minute mark of the 2nd Nash, Dwight, and green come back in, for Morris, and Jamison
Lineup at 10 minute mark of 2nd:
Nash
Meeks
Green
Hill
Dwight

At the 8 minute mark of the 2nd, Kobe comes in for hill.
Lineup at 8 minute mark of second:
Nash
Meeks
Kobe
Green
Dwight
At the 6 minute mark of the 2nd, Bradley comes in for Meeks.
Lineup at the 6 minute mark of 2nd:
Nash
Bradley
Kobe
Green
Dwight

At the 4 minute mark of the second, metta comes is for green.
Lineup at the 4 minute mark of 2nd:
Nash
Bradley
Kobe
Metta
Dwight

Rinse and repeat for the second half.
Approximate minutes for each player:
Nash (34)
Bradley (28)
Kobe (34)
Green (30)
Dwight (38)

Metta (24) it won't bother him because we will be winning and he will be closing out games.
Meeks (18)
Hill (14)
Jamison (10)
Morris (10)

Rolling 10 deep perfectly.

Thoughts? Anything I need to fix?

#2378 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,976 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:30 PM

MrKnowitAll tried to say that Pau would only play well if he was THE GUY on a team from the get go, that was after he said that Gasol could be the number 1 or 2 guy. He got that busted and tried to change it to THE GUY and then tried to insinuate that on a team with Rondo, Pierce, Garnett that the Celtics would be running their offense solely through Rondo and Gasol so that he'd flourish being THE MAN.

He was busted on this too and is now trying to go back to the "Gasol would help the Celtics" argument.

But it hasn't been forgotten that he thought Gasol would be "the guy" on the Celtics if traded there now and that the offense would be run through him and Rondo solely.

it was hilarious. knockout gifs were posted, and you missed it :(

#2379 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,976 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:32 PM

Also

You're such an idiot. My whole point was that Pau would help the celtics. You and cj said he wouldn't help them.

ahem don't try it, once again. This is YOUR words.

It's not just about being the second option while on the floor. It's about being "the guy" for your team, knowing you have to play well for your team to play well, knowing where you are gonna get the ball, when you are gonna get the ball. If he played for the celtics the offense would be all about rondo and Pau.

keep digging your hole buddy.

All you got is insults and BS, and you're running out of both :)

Edited by Majesty, December 28, 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#2380 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:35 PM

MrKnowitAll tried to say that Pau would only play well if he was THE GUY on a team from the get go, that was after he said that Gasol could be the number 1 or 2 guy. He got that busted and tried to change it to THE GUY and then tried to insinuate that on a team with Rondo, Pierce, Garnett that the Celtics would be running their offense solely through Rondo and Gasol so that he'd flourish being THE MAN.

He was busted on this too and is now trying to go back to the "Gasol would help the Celtics" argument.

But it hasn't been forgotten that he thought Gasol would be "the guy" on the Celtics if traded there now and that the offense would be run through him and Rondo solely.

it was hilarious. knockout gifs were posted, and you missed it :(

I did not say they would solely their offense thru them two. I said they would run it around them. You idiot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users