9329 replies to this topic

#1 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:57 AM

as much as a love gasol, i just think for the sake of the lakers championship aspirations, i just think he needs to be traded. watching the first three games, i have to say defensively, he can no longer defend 4's. i think mitch should take a long look at josh smith in atl. maybe get kyle kover in the deal as well for gasol etc.

#2 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,777 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:59 AM

6 points WAS weak, and so was the D. However, Gasol can still be helpful to this team. He, alongside the others, just need to figure it out. I think it is too early to be trading any star power, but I do agree that we should take a hard long look if things do not improve.

Edited by -Wade-, November 03, 2012 - 12:00 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#3 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:03 PM

as much as a love gasol, i just think for the sake of the lakers championship aspirations, i just think he needs to be traded. watching the first three games, i have to say defensively, he can no longer defend 4's. i think mitch should take a long look at josh smith in atl. maybe get kyle kover in the deal as well for gasol etc.

You are delusional if you think he is going to be traded after all that happened this summer.
If there is anyone that needs to be traded is Mike Brown. For the sake of Lakers champiionship aspirations? With Brown there are none.
Posted Image

#4 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:04 PM

Pau looked like the best player on the floor for most of the first game. The team has plenty of problems. He isn't one of them.

#5 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:05 PM

i love gasol, i just think we need a josh smith like player who can play the 3 and 4 effectively offensively and defensively. he can hit the mid range jumper, play in transition, post up, basket cuts, is extremely athletic and is a great defender 1 on 1 and team wise. he'll give us the youth and athletism we have been lacking.

#6 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,737 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:05 PM

LOL. Listen, i was one of the guys that wanted Gasol to be traded in the offseason badly.

The thing is, we got DW and Nash. Gasol needs a chance to prove something. He played really good against Dallas, not much against portland, weak against Clippers..

But you cant blame him when the team is still struggling .. you can say that when the team is winning but he continue to struggle..

These topics are useless with all due respect. WE PLAYED THREE GAMES , YES THREE GAMES and its not the end of the world... Team will get better in mid nov ..

#7 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,023 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:06 PM

at first I read it as "Gasol has been traded" :laughing: :laughing:

Honestly, I think the dude is worn out with all of the FIBA play he did over the last two summers

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#8 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:10 PM

Pau looked like the best player on the floor for most of the first game. The team has plenty of problems. He isn't one of them.

offensively yeah, we know what he brings, it's his 1 on 1 and help defense the has been downright atrocious. anytime he is isolated chalk up 2 pts for whoever he's defending. and with D12 still not in the best shape after back surgery, we need someone who is willing to protect the paint and block shots.

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:11 PM

why is gasol the fall guy even when he's playing pretty well
Posted Image

#10 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:17 PM

why is gasol the fall guy even when he's playing pretty well

im not trying to blame anything on him. i just think he doesn't fit well right now from what i have saw. he just seem extremely slow on defense nowadays. im willing to give him the chance to prove me wrong because like i said, im a fan of gasols.

#11 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:33 PM

im not trying to blame anything on him. i just think he doesn't fit well right now from what i have saw. he just seem extremely slow on defense nowadays. im willing to give him the chance to prove me wrong because like i said, im a fan of gasols.

He doesn't fit well? He fits perfectly in this system and has played fairly well so far this year.

#12 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:40 PM

I want to see him come of the bench. Have that Odom roll. We are so weak of the bench. But i want to see him finish the games like odom

#13 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:40 PM

He doesn't fit well? He fits perfectly in this system and has played fairly well so far this year.

offensively yeah, defensively, NOT AT ALL.

#14 Superman

Superman

Rookie

• 69 posts
  • Name:Esai
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:41 PM

His defense has been turrible. Everytime hes abt to defend in the paint i feel as if anybody can score against him. He's too slow and gasoft. His offense isnt consistent, took only one shot in the second half, like seriously? That was the problem last year, he worried abt passing too much that alot of times resulted in turnovers. Its only been 3 games but he looks like the same gasol as last year with worse defense. I like gasol, but he needs to step up or else he'll be traded eventually.

#15 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:43 PM

I want to see him come of the bench. Have that Odom roll. We are so weak of the bench. But i want to see him finish the games like odom

now this could possibly work, also have him play less mins. then we might get a great pau offensively and defensively and keep him from burning out like he has done the last 2 post seasons.

#16 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:45 PM

offensively yeah, defensively, NOT AT ALL.

Everyone's defense has been terrible.
Even Metta and Kobe's

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#17 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:47 PM

His defense has been turrible. Everytime hes abt to defend in the paint i feel as if anybody can score against him. He's too slow and gasoft. His offense isnt consistent, took only one shot in the second half, like seriously? That was the problem last year, he worried abt passing too much that alot of times resulted in turnovers. Its only been 3 games but he looks like the same gasol as last year with worse defense. I like gasol, but he needs to step up or else he'll be traded eventually.

basically this is all im saying. his defense has been problematic and unless he magically gains lateral quickness back, i dont see things getting better.

#18 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:48 PM

now this could possibly work, also have him play less mins. then we might get a great pau offensively and defensively and keep him from burning out like he has done the last 2 post seasons.

Pau and Jamison as our front line of the bench will be perfect. I dont see us trading him but for expiring contracts. Lakers are not and wont trade for other longer and bigger contracts. I would rather see his contract expire. We can get another super star and Kobe would retire that year. (lebron)

#19 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:49 PM

Everyone's defense has been terrible.
Even Metta and Kobe's

to a degree, but they play it right send it to help(gasol) and they just blow by gasol and get to the rim. he very rarely if ever stops the ball.

#20 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:52 PM

Pau and Jamison as our front line of the bench will be perfect. I dont see us trading him but for expiring contracts. Lakers are not and wont trade for other longer and bigger contracts. I would rather see his contract expire. We can get another super star and Kobe would retire that year. (lebron)

thats why i said josh smith. plus he likely gonna leave atl during free agency or be traded before the deadline.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (3)