Photo

Pau Gasol Discussion (Pg. 388 - Gasol may miss remainder of season)

Pau Gasol

• Please log in to reply
7860 replies to this topic

#6421 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,363 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 26, 2014 - 06:19 PM

1. Pau Gasol no happier than he was Friday in Orlando: "When we lack of focus or lack of effort, that really pisses me off."

We know EXACTLY how you feel Mr Gasol.....

Edited by Majesty, January 26, 2014 - 06:19 PM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

• 38,655 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 06:20 PM

:laughing: Pau's just trolling guys, clearly.

yo.

#6423 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,363 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 26, 2014 - 06:22 PM

:laughing: Pau's just trolling guys, clearly.

Next he'll say "when guys don't rotate on defense or get lost on screens it really grinds my gears!"  "But you know what really pisses me off? when people don't box out or jump for rebounds!" 

^_^

I've always liked Steve Blake.

• 38,655 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 06:28 PM

i7hWDF1vc15vz.gif

LMFAO! Wow. That is easily one of my all-time favorite Kobe gifs now instantly. Might be at the very top. Gonna' save that sucker for sure.

yo.

#6425 Lake

Lake

Rookie

• 105 posts
  • Name:Zach
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 26, 2014 - 08:21 PM

This is all Pau's fault.

#6426 la1904

la1904

Rookie

• 164 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, swaggy p

Posted January 27, 2014 - 07:59 PM

Nope. KD's playoffs averages are better than Melo's. Melo wouldn't get to the finals.

LBJ and Carmelo are the same height so wtf are you talking about.....LeBron and Durant aren't 7t.

You act like Melo locks down LeBron but he doesn't at all. When they met in the playoffs, they both put 27ppgs but LeBron shot 48% and Melo only shot 42%. Melo doesn't lock anyone down. He may not get bullied like you claim but he sure does get scored on.

Replace Melo with KD and they don't make it to the finals. Melo's career playoff shooting percentage is 42% and he averages less ppg, rpg, and apg than KD. 

And lets get more specific, lets talk about the year Durant went to the finals in 2012. Melo put up 28/8/2 on 42% shooting for the 2012 playoff run, KD put up 28.5/7/4 on 52% shooting. So how would the Thunder get farther with a main option putting up worst numbers? And that isn't even talking about Melo's non existent defense most of the time he plays.

Since OKC played Miami in the finals let look at both players stats vs them in the playoffs that year. Melo 28/2 on 42% shooting. Durant 30/6/2 on 55% shooting. Yet again, Durant puts up better numbers.

So how would a Carmelo led Thunder team get farther or as far as a Durant led Thunder team?

well easy... PUT MELO ON OKC! His number would sky, with westbrook as the polint and having all those tall bodies and big bodies.. Melo wouldn't have gotten back down for lay up all finals by leborn.  I am seriously wondering if you just watch espn or watch full games?

Like you state things and forget "key" words.  I said if Melo was on OKC in the finals they woulda won vs the heat.

and you claim Melo has had more time? who cares. IF half the time your on [expletive] teams, and still make the playoffs every year since you enter the league. 

Which guess who hasn't? Like i said KD can become better, its possible.  I cant even say he isn't better, i look at them and say well Kd is better vs this team but Melo would be better vs this team. But the fact is KD has a way better team. Melo has had 3-4 years of good team mates.

I think melo would fit better with the Lakers and Kobe..

Yes i like Kd playing more mean.. lets see if it stay when the guy with more heart comes back.  Just cause you play mean doesn't mean everything, Be a meanie, but if you weight 160 your till gonna get bit-ched in the post.

If you ask me i want a player who can beat  the pacers the next few years, or who can hold his own vs leborn.  I think KD is better than LBJ all around but when it comes down too LBJ move his sissy ass all over the court, LBJ do that to KOBE.. NO... too Melo hell no.

#6427 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,809 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:09 PM

Guys are talking out of their ass.  KD is a vastly better player than Melo in every single category.  This team right now w/o Westbrook is barely as talented as the Knicks.  We are going to act like Tyson is trash, Jr was doing great last year, Felton is serviceable.  In the end im not sure where guys get the argument that Melo is even on his level.  Durant is putting up crazy scoring numbers and keeping his team involved and leading his team to wins streaks in the west.  What is Melo doing with his team? The Knicks almost got punked out of a series against the Celtics last year.  Melo is great when he's on but what else on offense does he offer?  You have to question his bball IQ as well. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#6428 la1904

la1904

Rookie

• 164 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:10 PM

Pau didn't play a bad game and we still hate?

I saw something i liked... He was pissed AF he wasn't getting the ball more when he was hot.. I'm sure if he had a coach he liked and respected he would hustle more as well. Not to say he shouldnt be always going 100% but i can see why he is fustrated which can lead to lack of motivation.. 

its clear we aint gonna get anything good from  trading him.. cp3 was our last chance

#6429 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,809 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:11 PM

Not only has KD's scoring numbers gone up so have his assists can't say the same for Melo.  Iso on the elbow all day against some slow PF he can do that though. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#6430 la1904

la1904

Rookie

• 164 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 09:35 PM

Guys are talking out of their ass.  KD is a vastly better player than Melo in every single category.  This team right now w/o Westbrook is barely as talented as the Knicks.  We are going to act like Tyson is trash, Jr was doing great last year, Felton is serviceable.  In the end im not sure where guys get the argument that Melo is even on his level.  Durant is putting up crazy scoring numbers and keeping his team involved and leading his team to wins streaks in the west.  What is Melo doing with his team? The Knicks almost got punked out of a series against the Celtics last year.  Melo is great when he's on but what else on offense does he offer?  You have to question his bball IQ as well. 

Dude... you say the most funny things.. Melo has a better jumper and is more clutch thus far. Melo is better in the post and getting broads.  They both have driving skills, Kd better cross over. No oen is putting Kd down. I think they are about even, but melo plays better vs LBJ or vs other super stars.

Knicks are trash lol.. felton sucks, Tyson has play like 10 games off a broken leg? He lost Novack which was big for them because how much 3's they shoot. JR is trash now, last year he play amazing till play offs.

OkC  has reggie, Lamb, long players like LOSHA, Defenders  Perk and BAKA. and Collison is better than you think off the bench, He is like or Hill .  WESTBROOOOK

You are a joke if you think Melo and KD aren't comparable. Then you take to another level trying to compare OKC to the Knicks

#6431 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,798 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 27, 2014 - 09:52 PM

Dude... you say the most funny things.. Melo has a better jumper and is more clutch thus far. Melo is better in the post and getting broads.  They both have driving skills, Kd better cross over. No oen is putting Kd down. I think they are about even, but melo plays better vs LBJ or vs other super stars.

Knicks are trash lol.. felton sucks, Tyson has play like 10 games off a broken leg? He lost Novack which was big for them because how much 3's they shoot. JR is trash now, last year he play amazing till play offs.

OkC  has reggie, Lamb, long players like LOSHA, Defenders  Perk and BAKA. and Collison is better than you think off the bench, He is like or Hill .  WESTBROOOOK

You are a joke if you think Melo and KD aren't comparable. Then you take to another level trying to compare OKC to the Knicks

lol melo does not have a better jumper than Kd. Both Melo and KD are equally clutch.  Better on the boards...hmm Kevin Durant actually has a higher career average than Melo....so not really.

Melo plays better than Durant against LeBron? Oh really

Durant h2h vs LeBron: 29/6/3 on 48% shooting

Melo h2h vs LeBron: 24/6/2 on 44% shooting

Lol you are saying Novak was a big loss but trash the rest of the team.......hahahah please stop.

Kevin Durant is the better player. Period. Please provide some factual content that states otherwise because you have just been making claims with nothing to back them up

#6432 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Off The Bench

• 2,778 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted January 27, 2014 - 10:18 PM

Not only has KD's scoring numbers gone up so have his assists can't say the same for Melo. Iso on the elbow all day against some slow PF he can do that though.

Lol get em Jody

#6433 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,570 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted January 27, 2014 - 10:30 PM

Lol get em Jody

rB9Fgnt.gif

#6434 la1904

la1904

Rookie

• 164 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 02:47 AM

lol melo does not have a better jumper than Kd. Both Melo and KD are equally clutch.  Better on the boards...hmm Kevin Durant actually has a higher career average than Melo....so not really.

Melo plays better than Durant against LeBron? Oh really

Durant h2h vs LeBron: 29/6/3 on 48% shooting

Melo h2h vs LeBron: 24/6/2 on 44% shooting

Lol you are saying Novak was a big loss but trash the rest of the team.......hahahah please stop.

Kevin Durant is the better player. Period. Please provide some factual content that states otherwise because you have just been making claims with nothing to back them up

how much more video s do i have to post till you admit anything? We are talking about on D too and  give the full on numbers. rebounds. and free throws.. Kd get to the free throw line better than melo.  But Head to head melo beats them both. If you watch the games. 

THERE IS 2 END OF THE COURT...

if you think KD is beating melo 1v1  you got problems.

If you think Melo is a first option player, chew on glass plz.

Coming from a D 1 college baller..  there is sooo much more than numbers.. and i Played Hs ball with Malcom Thomsas and still chill with him all the time.  He tells me how much people sleep on melo and he strong than LBJ.  

Melo has a better jumper than KD and is more clutch man.. if you wanna throw numbers around and say Kd has 3% better fg%.. thats fine. Melo takes harder shots and dumber ones.

you say melo doesn't have [expletive]? 2 gold metals and college champ..

so if you ask me that more than KD has..

you throw out those [expletive]ty numbers that are close to each other and act like you cant compare the 2? like its not even close? Keep kidding yourself.

#6435 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,809 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 05:27 AM

You can post all the videos you want I'll post the actual numbers that disprove that.  Melo does not have a better jumpshot than KD.  The entertain that makes you a troll.  KD just had a year of 50/40/90.  He's one of the purest shooters in the NBA and for him to be a high scorer makes him that much more dangerous. 

Hoopdata.com keeps track of % on different parts of the floor.  They shut down this year so we can use the 12-13 stats. 

KD:  At the rim 75%, 3-9 feet 54%, 10-15 56%, 16-23 43% and 3pt 41%

Melo:  At the rim 55% (which is actually pretty bad for a star player, check other star wing over 6'4" or so), 3-9 ft 34%, 10-15 ft 47% 16-23 43% and 3pt 38%.

Not only does KD hit better than Melo from almost everywhere on the floor he puts up better scoring numbers while doing less and getting others involved.  KD is also much less predictable as a player on offense.  Defensively it's not even close.  KD has actually become a good defensive player lowkey.  Currently the #1 in the NBA vs isolation aka 1 on 1 defense. 

how much more video s do i have to post till you admit anything? We are talking about on D too and  give the full on numbers. rebounds. and free throws.. Kd get to the free throw line better than melo.  But Head to head melo beats them both. If you watch the games. 

THERE IS 2 END OF THE COURT...

if you think KD is beating melo 1v1  you got problems.

If you think Melo is a first option player, chew on glass plz.

Coming from a D 1 college baller..  there is sooo much more than numbers.. and i Played Hs ball with Malcom Thomsas and still chill with him all the time.  He tells me how much people sleep on melo and he strong than LBJ.  

Melo has a better jumper than KD and is more clutch man.. if you wanna throw numbers around and say Kd has 3% better fg%.. thats fine. Melo takes harder shots and dumber ones.

you say melo doesn't have [expletive]? 2 gold metals and college champ..

so if you ask me that more than KD has..

you throw out those [expletive]ty numbers that are close to each other and act like you cant compare the 2? like its not even close? Keep kidding yourself.

#6436 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,809 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 05:29 AM

It's not that numbers prove everything or tell the whole story but it's funny how the "numbers don't mean everything" argument comes out when none of the numbers favor the guy someone is arguing for.  Even the eye test should tell you that Melo isn't close to KD.  Any and every coach or NBA analyst will tell you right now that KD is far better and may be approaching Lebron's spot if OKC wins the championship this year. 

#6437 la1904

la1904

Rookie

• 164 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 05:50 AM

hahah bro.. if melo misses at rim he always gets the tip back. he's 2nd jump is the best since old school Marion. He takes worse shots, but if you insist on saying kd has a better jumper, then its not by alot , right ? meaning it not dumb to compare. It's not trolling.  If you go by shooting % which isn't even half the story \. Then what does that make Kobe? Oh [expletive] Ray Allen is better than kobe now ?  Melo get double more than Kd. I wonder why? Melo has never had a side kick son. I watch the games. I don't neeed to go to a fg% site.

Wanna talk stats? Lets talk 2 gold metals and ncaa champ.  There is a reason Melo and KD switch off starting 2012 Olympics.. they couldn't just say simple one is soooo much better than the other..

and i'll say again .. some could say Melo is better or KD is better... and i wouldn't mind .. because its not like one is far more better than the other.

KD could become even better which is the scary thing... i said in a different thread Paul gorge and Kd are gonna run this league. 

and only you think this... FAR is not the word you should be using. Kd on d isn't good and took a step back from last year. and will get pooped on in the post.. he is like 210 pounds soaking wet.

Oh btw LBJ is over rated and has already lost his top spot .. He also lost a step this season, and he will only get worse from here. He had 2 years , maybe 3 years of being truly the best. 

Edited by la1904, January 28, 2014 - 05:53 AM.

#6438 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Dylan

Posted January 28, 2014 - 06:15 AM

My brain hurts.

#6439 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Dylan

Posted January 28, 2014 - 06:18 AM

Oh btw LBJ is over rated and has already lost his top spot .. He also lost a step this season, and he will only get worse from here. He had 2 years , maybe 3 years of being truly the best. 

You've gotta be kidding me...

To say LeBron is overrated is just ridiculous.

#6440 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,809 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 07:03 AM

He proved long before that statement he's just a troll and is probably 12 years old

You've gotta be kidding me...

To say LeBron is overrated is just ridiculous.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

10 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2), Bing (1), Japago