Photo

Pau Gasol Discussion (Pg. 388 - Gasol may miss remainder of season)

Pau Gasol

• Please log in to reply
7861 replies to this topic

#4341 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,954 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 01, 2013 - 05:13 PM

Who assembled a roster through draft "genius" that got to the finals lately?

Dallas? No...
Miami? No...
OKC? No...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#4342 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,410 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 01, 2013 - 05:17 PM

All of OKC's core pieces were drafted by them.

And it took what? 5 years? Precisely how long do you think Laker fans would wait for drafts to "pan out"? We can't keep a player for one year without "mesiah" or "trade (this)" threads. Most are impatient and want the quick fix. People were hoping we'd get austin rivers for crying out loud *facepalm*

Thing is, the fanbase in majority are very impatient and wouldn't wait for a draft to pan out. They want quick fix solutions that would rally us 20 wins in a row. They aren't really a "wait for it to pan ou type of fanbase yet they praise the teams doing just that ;)

Not to mention the type of seasons we'd need to muster in order to get draft picks as high as Durant and Westbrook would have some fans throwing out their TV sets.

So there's that too ;)

Edited by Majesty, February 01, 2013 - 05:20 PM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#4343 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Young

Posted February 01, 2013 - 05:26 PM

While club president David Kahn recently called Ricky Rubio and Kevin Love "untouchable" in trade talks, he didn't say the same about Nikola Pekovic, though he said he hopes the big man is "part of us for many years to come."

According to Wolfson, there's still a difference of opinion in the front office about whether Pekovic is worth a big, long-term deal. Still, he's likely not going anywhere this month -- Wolfson says that if a trade comes, it's more likely to be a sign-and-trade deal over the summer.

Minnesota doesn't have interest in trying to trade for Josh Smith, and also hasn't inquired on Greg Oden yet.

Wolfson hears from multiple sources that Andrea Bargnani is an unlikely fit for the T-Wolves. While one source "scoffed" at the idea, another didn't rule it out entirely, says Wolfson.

Brandon Roy's latest setback hasn't derailed his comeback attempt entirely, as he tells Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com. However, Roy's describes himself as at a "crossroads" in his career, and suggests that if he can't get healthy before the end of this season, he'll likely retire for a second time.

This all works for my trade.

Edited by Chad, February 01, 2013 - 05:30 PM.

CHAD.jpg

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#4344 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 9,696 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted February 01, 2013 - 05:34 PM

Maaaan! if Kevin Love came to L.A damn!! only a pipe dream cause wolves will never part with him.

#4345 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,589 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 01, 2013 - 05:35 PM

Maaaan! if Kevin Love came to L.A damn!! only a pipe dream cause wolves will never part with him.

They would just not for gasol
Posted Image

#4346 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,945 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 05:44 PM

Love isn't going anywhere.

Edited by Chad, February 01, 2013 - 05:45 PM.

CHAD.jpg

#4347 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,402 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 05:52 PM

gasol to raptors , love and fillers from minny and raptors ,, Andrea and Ross to minny ..

#4348 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 9,696 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted February 01, 2013 - 06:14 PM

gasol to raptors , love and fillers from minny and raptors ,, Andrea and Ross to minny ..

minny wants gasol

#4349 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,945 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 09:07 PM

Stock Rising. :thumbup:

CHAD.jpg

#4350 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,005 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:10 PM

Omg come on minny. You just saw him play good. You know you want to trade a bunch of bench players for him or love.

#4351 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:21 PM

Was good timing for Pau to have a good game.

#4352 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,725 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:37 PM

No I do want Kevin Love because he makes the most basketball sense to pair with Dwight - he can shoot and rebound, Dwight can play D, rebound; although Love's shooting has slumped this season, but I will attribute that more to his hand injury than some sort of random degradation of his game.

As for the contract situation, if Kobe does decide to return to play for another contract, and he has the opportunity to play with Melo along with a Dwight Howard, there is no doubt in my mind that he will take whatever cut necessary to sign. Again, that is assuming he wants to continue playing. If these next 2 years result in pathetic playoff (or a complete lack of) results, I doubt he wants to dedicate himself to training when he is becoming much more family oriented. You can just tell the way Kobe is talking with fans and being social now, he is readying himself for leaving the game.

I really don't see, or rather don't want, Dwight getting a true max deal. He should not be making anything significantly over $20m with the way he has recovered and injured himself after his back surgery. He already has his deficiencies, he needs to have a Lebron/Wade/Bosh mentality and realize that he will need to take a haircut if he ever wants to win, because he surely is not going to do it in this state.

Now if we have, Love, Nash, Kobe, Dwight from a Pau trade, then whatever, no 2014 offers. But otherwise, I really think barring Knicks major success in the next 2 post seasons, that Kobe can convince Melo to come play in LA. Even if it is not Melo, there are still plenty of talents out there I would rather have over a max contract Josh Smith...

The discussion over whether or not Love fits here...that's not what I was hinting at. I was basically saying that, if you don't want Josh Smith for the few weaknesses he presents to our team, you have to look at Love the same way. I could say that Smith fits as well, being a defensive player who can run the floor with Nash. We need athleticism, and defense, more than we need a big man shooter.

But, aside from that...again, the 2014 free agency period is basically out of our view if we're just targeting max deals AND if we're keeping our big three...unless you truly think Kobe is going to take the MLE.

And I can guarantee you, he won't do that. He may take 50% of what he's making now (which would be around $15 million), but he won't drop from $30 million to just $6 million a year...not a chance.

And if he takes $15 million, and Dwight is at $20 million or more, and Nash is at $10 million...that's too much, just those three, to bring in someone like Carmelo or LeBron. No chance of it happening, mathematically.

#4353 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,402 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:41 PM

^ Trade Nash ?

#4354 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:47 PM

Some of the posts I see/read in this thread are borderline retarded. Trade Nash? Trade J-Hill? Trade Metta?

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#4355 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,515 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:48 PM

Some of the posts I see/read in this thread are borderline retarded. Trade Nash? Trade J-Hill? Trade Metta?

We should trade metta.

#4356 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,402 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:53 PM

Well if it clears you a space for a star wouldn't you do it ?

#4357 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,410 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:56 PM

Well if it clears you a space for a star wouldn't you do it ?

If you were clearing space for a star then trading Pau for the 3 from minni with one year deals frees up more space.

Besides no team is after Metta and he's a vet the team needs. That's why the Lakers are trying to trade Pau instead.

Cause 3 players that add depth but are on one year deals clears us of 19 million THIS off season ;)

#4358 haewl

haewl

Rookie

• 232 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant , Lamar Odom

Posted February 02, 2013 - 12:00 AM

We should trade metta.

I agree.. but what would we get in return, though?
His value is at an all time low and I can't think of any team what might want him

#4359 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,410 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 12:05 AM

The discussion over whether or not Love fits here...that's not what I was hinting at. I was basically saying that, if you don't want Josh Smith for the few weaknesses he presents to our team, you have to look at Love the same way. I could say that Smith fits as well, being a defensive player who can run the floor with Nash. We need athleticism, and defense, more than we need a big man shooter.

But, aside from that...again, the 2014 free agency period is basically out of our view if we're just targeting max deals AND if we're keeping our big three...unless you truly think Kobe is going to take the MLE.

And I can guarantee you, he won't do that. He may take 50% of what he's making now (which would be around $15 million), but he won't drop from $30 million to just $6 million a year...not a chance.

And if he takes $15 million, and Dwight is at $20 million or more, and Nash is at $10 million...that's too much, just those three, to bring in someone like Carmelo or LeBron. No chance of it happening, mathematically.

How much would Carmelo have to take? Like if the Lakers made a "non max deal" offer but the championship sell?(Assuming he never wins one from now till then)

What contracts would be viable to give? If we kept the big three?

#4360 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,005 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 02, 2013 - 12:11 AM

Ehh I could see kobe taking 12 mill. Thats what I was guessing he would do though your assuming nash will still be playing which I highly doubt he will. I would be shocked if he finishes out his contract. We will be lucky to get one more year out of the guy. I think we will have about 40 mill on the books with kobe + dwight + some others. Also this is assuming kobe comes back. Kobe has even said he wanted to retire from the nba at the end of his contract. Now of course many of us know thats unlikely being that its kobe but who knows.

I dont really understand the lebron carmello ideas. I highly doubt either will come here. I thinkO.J. Mayo or Paul george kind of singings are much more realistic. Young promising players that arent exactly on amazing teams that may look at LA as a huge payday

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users