Photo

D'Antoni and Jerry Sloan two rumored names to replace Brown (pg.7)

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#41 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,694 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 03, 2012 - 10:46 AM

Apparently Nash already has the green light to do whatever he wants.

We've been saying that since pre-season bro. How is Nash going to do whatever he wants if we are trying to swing around an offense? Nash needs the ball in his hands all the time to be able to do whatever he wants.

#42 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,320 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 03, 2012 - 10:47 AM

IF YOU READ THIS PHIL JACKSON:

COME BACK TO THE LAKERS AND IM GOING TO BRUSH YOUR SHOES EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#43 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 10:59 AM

This is all I could find on the hoopshype twiiter feed. I'm guessing theres not much to this rumor. D'Antoni did a horrible job over at the Knicks and he never could win anything with the suns. He is very good at offense but our team needs defense not offense.

He had carmelo and amare as his two best players in a system that requires ball movement

Not defending him because I don't really like him but at the same time there was a reason he failed in new York.
Posted Image

#44 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 03, 2012 - 10:59 AM

This would be a terrible replacement for Brown. The guy doesn't preach defense and we know that in order to win a championship you have to be able to play defense. D'Antoni's teams have always had alot of offensive firepower, but they couldn't stop anybody consistently. Look at the Knicks. They were a terrible team and once they fired him they did much better. This is the problem with firing Mike Brown who do you get? Fans need to let go of Phil Jackson. He ain't walking through that door. No other adequate replacements that would be upgrades really. I'm not giving up on Brown yet. It's far too early. People just gotta be patient with this team. Eventually they will get the ship sailing in the right direction.
htCCl0m.png

#45 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:01 AM

Ironically, wasn't Brown just clowning on the D'Antoni/Nash SSOL teams just a day or two ago?
Posted Image

#46 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:05 AM

This would be a terrible replacement for Brown. The guy doesn't preach defense and we know that in order to win a championship you have to be able to play defense. D'Antoni's teams have always had alot of offensive firepower, but they couldn't stop anybody consistently. Look at the Knicks. They were a terrible team and once they fired him they did much better. This is the problem with firing Mike Brown who do you get? Fans need to let go of Phil Jackson. He ain't walking through that door. No other adequate replacements that would be upgrades really. I'm not giving up on Brown yet. It's far too early. People just gotta be patient with this team. Eventually they will get the ship sailing in the right direction.

Again, look at the variables around his failure in new York. Before Carmelo got there and he had the Denver nugget group they were one of the most exciting offensive teams in basketball

Then they made the Carmelo trade and it all went south. Why? Because he had Carmelo and amare to guys who play no defense and want to shoot every possession

When it was just amare and role players the team was a tough team to beat

In Phoenix his defensive anchor was amare. That's like us having Lamar odom as our defensive anchor. Actually Lamar plays better defense

And when they had decent defenders in raja bell and a good one in Marion they were in the WCF every year.
Posted Image

#47 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:05 AM

Ironically, wasn't Brown just clowning on the D'Antoni/Nash SSOL teams just a day or two ago?

That would be ironic if D'Antoni took over lol

#48 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:08 AM

We should have brought D'antoni as the offensive coordinator instead of Jordan as a way of protecting ourselves in this type of scenario

If they didn't want Eddie Jordan as browns contingency he shouldnt be here
Posted Image

#49 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,122 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:09 AM

That would be ironic if D'Antoni took over lol

and ends up winning the title :laughing:

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

• 40,396 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:10 AM

Never liked the Eddie Jordan move to be honest. Pretty bad resume to say the least. Bernie Bickerstaff as well. Three thrift store coaches as ace would say.

yo.

#51 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,190 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:10 AM

Not happy if it's only D'Antoni coming in, we'd need a legit defensive coordinator alongside him. I don't want us to improve in our offensive execution only to start giving up 105 ppg.

You don't want them to start giving up 105 ppg? That would be an improvement. LOL

#52 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:16 AM

I mean come on....have the Lakers ever been a defensive-like team? I'm sure D'Antoni would bring "Showtime" back to the Lakers franchise. This Princeton offense is boring and really makes the Lakers unattractive to look at.

#53 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,388 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:45 AM

Lets demote Brown to defensive coordinator and give the head coach job to D'antoni

• 40,396 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:52 AM

I'm sure D'Antoni would bring "Showtime" back to the Lakers franchise. This Princeton offense is boring and really makes the Lakers unattractive to look at.

There's no arguing that. Nothing sexy whatsoever about the Princeton offense. I still enjoy watching my Lakers of course cause I'm a fan, but it's pretty easy to admit, the style is certainly not of the greatest entertainment per say.

yo.

#55 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,092 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:54 AM

Lets demote Brown to defensive coordinator and give the head coach job to D'antoni

I'd be down with that, honestly

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#56 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,797 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:59 AM

You don't want them to start giving up 105 ppg? That would be an improvement. LOL

Touche. :laughing:

#57 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,665 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:01 PM

So we're not planning on playing defense this year? Got it.

Anything will be better than BROWN!
Posted Image

#58 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,122 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:05 PM

D'antoni: Meeks, on the next dead ball, I want you to sub in for Kobe and play the 2.

Brown: Mike, that is wrong. Let Duhon play the point, and put Blake or Ebanks at the 2.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#59 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:08 PM

the current Lakers defense is the same as D'Antoni's defense xD

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#60 Drazard