Photo

Star Wars: Episode VII

• Please log in to reply
480 replies to this topic

#161 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,935 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 04, 2013 - 04:56 PM

Loved Episode 1, when I was in the theater it got a standing ovation when it finished

Episode 2 was meh, had its moments, liked seeing Yoda throw down but it was still meh.

Episode 3 was the best one of the prequels.

Clone Wars movie(the 3d one) and Clone wars tv show, and the Star Wars anime that was on cartoon network to bridge the gap between episode 2 and episode 3 was pretty awesome too.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#162 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 04, 2013 - 07:56 PM

What the hell theatre were you in where it got a standing O?

Was everyone in there 3 years old? Never heard that ever before. I saw it at Big Newport here in so cal and as soon as it was done people shuffled out quietly and when I talked to the theatre manager he said after every showing there was virtual silence.

And this was from audiences that spent weeks camped out and were beyond amped for it. Usually the easiest audience to please.

I'm assuming you we're a little kid in 1999 then.

Anyway , JJ Abrams just confirmed that John Williams is doing the score for Episode VII. Very happy about that.

#163 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,486 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:47 PM

i actually really liked episode 3. hayden did everything he could to ruin it but i think everyone else kept it afloat. natalie, sam jackson, ewan mcgregor all did a fantastic job conveying the emotion of losing anakin and the jedi 

i'm not a star wars fan at all, have made that very clear but if i had to rank them

empire strikes back

new hope

episode 3

return of the jedi

episode 2

episode 1

i'd actually put episode 3 pretty close to new hope, but new hope is just a higher quality film

Posted Image

#164 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,005 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:50 PM

i actually really liked episode 3. hayden did everything he could to ruin it but i think everyone else kept it afloat. natalie, sam jackson, ewan mcgregor all did a fantastic job conveying the emotion of losing anakin and the jedi 

i'm not a star wars fan at all, have made that very clear but if i had to rank them

empire strikes back

new hope

episode 3

return of the jedi

episode 2

episode 1

i'd actually put episode 3 pretty close to new hope, but new hope is just a higher quality film

I have to agree with you I liked episode 3 a good amount. This scene was pretty cool

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#165 fido

fido

• 11,910 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Can't stomach Hayden Christiansen. The guy is supposed to be the young Darth Vader, the crux of the whole thing and he is so distractingly terrible it ruins the whole thing.

And the scene with Mace Windu and Palpatine, the big confrontation, just terribly directed. Silly makeup and just bad. Also why would Mace confront the biggest Sith they've ever known all by himself? Illogical after all the over thinking and over calculation they do through the rest of the movie.

If it wasn't for Ewan MacGregor it would've been even worse.

Sloppy ending to a shoddy trilogy of prequels. No thanks. Bad directing, bad acting overall and overdone CG like the other episodes.

Anyway this could go on forever, back to Episode 7!! :)

#166 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,519 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 04, 2013 - 10:38 PM

"What have I done" That line isn't supposed to be funny Hayden. 

Mace had some cannon fodder with him. :D Palpatine played those Jedi scum easy, and they never saw Order 66 coming. Bwhahahaha *Force Lighting*

Edited by Chad, May 04, 2013 - 10:40 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#167 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 05, 2013 - 05:26 AM

Also why would Mace confront the biggest Sith they've ever known all by himself? Illogical after all the over thinking and over calculation they do through the rest of the movie.

Mace Windu didn't confront Sidious by himself, he had three Jedi Masters with him. Sidious is just that powerful though.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#168 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 06:11 AM

lol the way the other 3 died was pretty funny, mace must've been thinking....the hell dawg! lol

bw1wOGf.png

#169 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 02:45 PM

Yeh

I think he was so immersed in Vaapad that he was kinda zoned out...and considering his opponent he probably had to be.

Some people say that maybe Sidious allowed Windu to gain the upper hand but I don't really buy it. While Windu is not as powerful as Sidious, he is not to be taken lightly and I think Sidious was just a little bit surprised that he hadn't chopped Windu's head off by now. In the end, it worked out perfectly for Sidious because in comes the soon-to-be Vader for the checkmate.

The Jedi were playing checkers; Sidious was playing chess and everyone (even Yoda/Windu) was a pawn.

Edited by Windu, May 05, 2013 - 02:45 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#170 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,519 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 08:06 PM

Yeh

I think he was so immersed in Vaapad that he was kinda zoned out...and considering his opponent he probably had to be.

Some people say that maybe Sidious allowed Windu to gain the upper hand but I don't really buy it. While Windu is not as powerful as Sidious, he is not to be taken lightly and I think Sidious was just a little bit surprised that he hadn't chopped Windu's head off by now. In the end, it worked out perfectly for Sidious because in comes the soon-to-be Vader for the checkmate.

The Jedi were playing checkers; Sidious was playing chess and everyone (even Yoda/Windu) was a pawn.

I remember people debating this like crazy after the movie came out.

#171 fido

fido

• 11,910 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 11:59 PM

Um, dude, watch the flick.

He goes into the room to confront Palpatine all by his lonesome.  If the other jedi just chose to hang out outside while all the yelling, screaming and window breaking was going on then its yet another terrible point of illogical behavior in Episode 3.

But again, lets get back to Episode 7.  If we wanna debate this, which again will go on forever, we can start another Star Wars thread.

#172 fido

fido

• 11,910 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 12:01 AM

While talking about how much he loved filming the Dagobah sequences for The Empire Strikes Back, which were shot on a soundstage with a lot of practical effects, Hamill then made his most specific mention of his involvement in Episode VII, revealing, “I’ve only had one creative meeting about the new films, but I do remember saying, ‘We’ve got to find a proper balance between CGI and old school [FX].”

After the crowd cheered this statement, Hamill added, “That’s what the challenge is, is to try and meet expectations of what you guys want. I think there’s nothing wrong with CGI, but I think you have to have a balance, because the camera perceives the width and the depth and the weight – even if it’s a miniature model, the camera just realizes that. So when you have too much CGI and the clouds are CGI and the trees are CGI and the buildings are CGI, you’re getting to a point where the figure in the shot is like a hybrid of an animated film and live-action. And I want it to have an organic look so that we don’t get into Roger Rabbit territory." He then added, with a laugh, “But I don’t imagine that the priority is what I want!”

http://www.ign.com/a...d-old-school-fx

I couldn't agree more!

#173 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,519 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 01:26 AM

He was with

http://starwars.wiki.../wiki/Kit_Fisto

http://starwars.wiki...wiki/Agen_Kolar

http://starwars.wiki...iki/Saesee_Tiin

Edited by Chad, May 06, 2013 - 01:30 AM.

#174 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 05:27 AM

Um, dude, watch the flick.

He goes into the room to confront Palpatine all by his lonesome. If the other jedi just chose to hang out outside while all the yelling, screaming and window breaking was going on then its yet another terrible point of illogical behavior in Episode 3.

But again, lets get back to Episode 7. If we wanna debate this, which again will go on forever, we can start another Star Wars thread.

That's not what happened fido

Pau Gasol is GONE

#175 fido

fido

• 11,910 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 04:03 PM

I stand corrected they were with him, but still, terrible directing and awful acting from the usually strong Iam McDiarmid there.

These are jedi, and they stand idly by while he fires up his lightsaber and lunges at them.  Awful dude, come on, you know that the way they set up these jedi to be so bad in the rest of the film and suddenly they can't respond within a reasonable amount of time.

And all that aside, the acting is still completely laughable, in fact put a smile on my face again.  The makeup is absolutely atrocious and the scene, which is supposed to be pretty heavy comes across as a massive joke.  So much so that when I saw it in the theatre a vast majority of people were laughing out loud during the whole thing.

And I appreciate the character links, but I know who they were.  I don't think you realize how big of a Star Wars dork I am.

Once again, and this is my fault for continuing to respond.  Let's make a separate Star Wars thread and keep this for Episode 7, ok guys?

#176 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,379 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted May 06, 2013 - 06:54 PM

I liked Ewoks The Battle for Endor growing up. You seen that one.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#177 fido

fido

• 11,910 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 10:14 PM

Again, I'm making a thread for general Star Wars discussion so this one stops getting derailed so much.

As much my fault as anyone.

#178 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,770 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted May 06, 2013 - 11:40 PM

empire strikes back

new hope

episode 3

return of the jedi

episode 2

episode 1

The acting from Sam Jackson & Natalie Portman was just as bad as Hayden Christiansen in these movies...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#179 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,935 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 07, 2013 - 04:50 AM

"What have I done" That line isn't supposed to be funny Hayden. 

Mace had some cannon fodder with him. :D Palpatine played those Jedi scum easy, and they never saw Order 66 coming. Bwhahahaha *Force Lighting*

The Jedi's weakness is being unable to predict the Dark Side and their unshakable belief in the Light side.

One is too far to the extreme one way in arrogance, the other is too extreme the other way in arrogance, neither find the middle and that is their weakness.

Windu going to confront Palpatine by himself lays into the jedi arrogance.   Obi-Wan revealing to anakin the council wants him to spy on the guy and planting that seed in the first place was Jedi he is light-side he will be unbiased arrogance as well.

But the BIGGEST example of Jedi pig-headedness and "all things dark-side are bad  and lies all things lightside are good"

Was in Episode 2...

When Count Dooku straight up TOLD Obi-wan that the Senator was Darth Sidius and that horrible crap was about to go down...

What did Obi-Wan do?   Go "I don't believe you. I won't. I'll never join you."  Basic hero mumbo jumbo, when if he'd actually listened they could have stopped all that stuff from happening.

But that's the problem with the Jedi mindset.  Too passive and untrusting to all those unlike them.  And the Sith mindset is too passionate and reactive.    They are both two sides of two extremes.  That's why the greatest Jedi's will always be grey ;)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#180 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 10:24 AM

The Sith gained an advantage thru numbers...or the lack thereof. The Sith use to be numerous like the Jedi but things changed once Darth Bane instituted the Rule of Two.

"We are the select few who refuse to be carried by the Force, and who carry it instead. Thirty in a millennium, rather than the tens of thousands fit to be Jedi."

- Darth Plagueis

And again...WINDU WAS NOT ALONE when he confronted Sidious...how is that being confused???

The Sith (Bane / Sidious) worked in the shadows allowing the Jedi to believe they no longer existed.

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users