324 replies to this topic

#101 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,328 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 13, 2013 - 12:20 AM

http://www.digitaltr...spin-off-films/

Disney officially announced that the two spin-off films are for Han Solo and Boba Fett!

I would love to see a separate Han Solo film with him, Chewy and Lando gettin' into trouble, can't wait. And the Boba Fett one - they could go anywhere with that. Very happy they decided to go this route instead of over-expounding on Yoda. keep the little green guy a mystery! Since they blew that idea with Boba Fett, I love that they didn't do that twice!

Bring it on!

Now who will play the young Han Solo, that's the big question!

That's cool HS was in the Empire before he became a Smuggler. I wish they would base a Episode on Dark Empire, that was a well done series.

Thrawn should be in this too.

Edited by Chad, February 13, 2013 - 12:27 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#102 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,919 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 13, 2013 - 12:18 PM

No Thrawn, and they won't have Han in the Empire either - guaranteed.

That's all EU (Expanded Universe)stuff that they've said several times is not canon and will not have any bearing on the new Star Wars movies - thankfully.

These are some of the best kept story secrets in the history of film. They wouldn't base these stories on previously published material for two big reasons. One being that if they did the entire movie and these subsequent films around it would be spoiled, preventing a lot of the fun of going to see these and a lot of the mystery surrounding the films.

And second, the EU stories, at least a vast majority of it, is pretty poorly written stuff. They have top flight people in charge of this now, people who know story and character better than most writers and producers in the business. There's absolutely zero reason to lean on any of the EU stuff. I'm sure you'll see a slight nod to some of it, as you did in the prequels, but nothing that will be based purely around the actual stories that have been previously published.

#103 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,919 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 13, 2013 - 12:19 PM

I really hope they go with an unknown actor, or a relatively unknown, for Han Solo.

Any named actor that comes aboard will bring too many pre-conceived notions about the person and their previous work to play the role properly.

This is gonna be "kid gloves casting" at its finest. Luckily Kathleen Kennedy will have the ultimate say in who plays who, which is a fantastic thing.

#104 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 13, 2013 - 03:04 PM

G (George Lucas) canon is absolute canon. This category includes the final releases of the six films, the novelizations of the films, the radio dramas based on the films, the film scripts, and any material found in any other source (published or not) that comes directly from George Lucas himself. G canon outranks all other forms of canon.

T (Television) canon, which currently comprises Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the as yet unaired live action Star Wars TV series. This level of canon is considered to take precedence over C canon (see below), possibly due to the fact that George Lucas is directly involved with these shows as executive producer, and in the case of The Clone Wars is also on the writing team. This level ignores the Genndy TartakovskyClone Wars series, though the CGI series derives many moments from that one.

C (continuity) canon refers to the main body of EU work, and is the next most authoritative level of canon. All material published under the Star Wars label that doesn't fall into either G, T, S, or N canon is C canon and is considered authoritative as long as it isn't contradicted by G canon.

Read the literature for yourselves and come to your own conclusions. Luke in EU is the same as Luke in "G-Canon", Han in EU is the same as Han in "G-Canon", Sidious in EU is the same as Sidious in "G-Canon", etc etc etc.

The stories following the original movies only progress the story...not hurt it. I.E. Leia Skywalker becoming a Jedi Knight, Luke Skywalker re-establishing the Jedi Council, etc.

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,400 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 03:19 PM

Call me crazy, but I'm actually more excited about Boba than Han.

he's too small. it was part of my problem with him being "batman" at the end of TDKR. he's got a tiny frame.

He actually beefed up recently:

Posted Image

yo.

#106 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 03:29 PM

he's beefed up but if you see him from the front he's still narrow. he's got incredibly narrow shoulders
Posted Image

#107 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 03:30 PM

I really hope they go with an unknown actor, or a relatively unknown, for Han Solo.

Any named actor that comes aboard will bring too many pre-conceived notions about the person and their previous work to play the role properly.

This is gonna be "kid gloves casting" at its finest. Luckily Kathleen Kennedy will have the ultimate say in who plays who, which is a fantastic thing.

i like the idea of liam hemsworth. he's unknown enough, big enough, and has the skillset/ charisma to pull off a lead role. i hope he gets it.
Posted Image

#108 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,598 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 13, 2013 - 05:44 PM

I think Joseph Gordon Levitt would make a great Boba Fett.

Han Solo. I don't know. Couldn't Disney use some of that Tron effects and have Ford play the younger Solo?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

• 40,400 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 05:51 PM

Han Solo. I don't know. Couldn't Disney use some of that Tron effects and have Ford play the younger Solo?

Fantastic idea, worth at least looking into imo.

yo.

#110 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 06:36 PM

those tron effects looked bad. the eyes still look so lifeless. but i agree with the premise. as far as iconic movie characters han solo and indiana jones are up there. harrison ford is a one of a kind star.
Posted Image

#111 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,598 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 08:32 PM

those tron effects looked bad. the eyes still look so lifeless. but i agree with the premise. as far as iconic movie characters han solo and indiana jones are up there. harrison ford is a one of a kind star.

With star wars Disney money It could be something to consider. Tron was 2 years ago I think. Did you see rise of the plant of the apes? Was that emotion good to you?

#112 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 09:06 PM

it's different, avatar, lord of the rings all had realistic life in their motion capture eyes, same with any pixar movie. rise of the planet of the apes was great with it's motion capture but it all seems to go to hell when done with humans. IMO it's because subconsciously we know it's a fake human so it's difficult to acknowledge it as a human, while other motion capture situations don't have that issue because they aren't humans.
Posted Image

#113 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,598 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 09:48 PM

it's different, avatar, lord of the rings all had realistic life in their motion capture eyes, same with any pixar movie. rise of the planet of the apes was great with it's motion capture but it all seems to go to hell when done with humans. IMO it's because subconsciously we know it's a fake human so it's difficult to acknowledge it as a human, while other motion capture situations don't have that issue because they aren't humans.

good points. IMO it can be done, we don't need a different Han Solo.

#114 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 08:46 AM

Don't like the idea of spin offs.

Posted Image

#115 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,328 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 04:20 PM

Same, you don't need a big star to carry Star Wars. It sells itself.

#116 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,328 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 04:23 PM

I'm so used to playing Star Wars video games, that I consider them canon.

Thrawn, would be bad ass though.

• 40,400 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 12:02 AM

yo.

#118 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,598 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 03:42 PM

Rumor has HF coming back for the new Star Wars.

If you haven't heard by now.

#119 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:10 PM

harrison ford the GOAT. i don't even like star wars, but he's the coolest archaeologist of all time, the coolest space pilot, the coolest doctor, the coolest president of all time. the coolest blade runner of all time
Posted Image

#120 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,328 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 12:30 AM

harrison ford the GOAT. i don't even like star wars, but he's the coolest archaeologist of all time, the coolest space pilot, the coolest doctor, the coolest president of all time. the coolest blade runner of all time

And coolest fugitive.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

DTIII™