#81 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,867 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:54 PM

Good little blurbs on why and how J.J. Abrams changed his mind about directing Episode VII

http://www.ign.com/a...ars-episode-vii

#82 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,569 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 05, 2013 - 06:27 PM

A Rumor, This Is: Disney’s first ‘Star Wars’ spinoff film will center on Yoda

"Yoda: Jedi Master" has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Or maybe just "The Jedi Master."
Well, before it can have a title, it has to actually exist, and for now a stand-alone "Star Wars" film that puts the powerful pint-sized denizen of Dagobah front and center is just the latest rumor to come out of a galaxy far, far away (well, not that far anymore -- it's now at Disneyland, after all).
Ain't It Cool News first brought word that Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy might be doing a lot more than just having secret meetings with J.J. Abrams as she's apparently in the early stages of what Disney does best: milking a brand for all it's worth. Sure, Abrams is going to be directing "Episode VII," but there's more than just a new "Star Wars" trilogy in store -- we're going to be getting a bunch of spinoff films as well, and if Zack Snyder's rumored (and since denied) Jedi-centric riff on "Seven Samurai" isn't going to be the first one out of the gate, then maybe a Yoda movie will be.
Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger has since confirmed in an interiew with CNBC that the studio is indeed planning a series of stand-alone character-based "Star Wars" films that will be separate from the new trilogy. Lawrence Kasdan, who penned "The Empire Strikes Back and "Return of the Jedi," and Simon Kinberg, who just wrote "X-Men: Days of Future Past" for director Bryan Singer, are currently hard at work on the spinoff projects, though of course there's no word on which characters will be involved.
AICN reports that the Yoda film is top priority, though there are currently no plot details to speak of (our guess would be it's an origin story -- actually, how about "Begin, Yoda Shall" as a title?). Disney declined to comment on whether a Yoda-centered spinoff is in the works.
Other possible spinoff films include one that focuses on Jabba the Hutt (potentially the "Goodfellas" of the "Star Wars" universe?) that was apparently pitched by George Lucas himself -- and let's not forget that Joe Johnston, who's in good with Disney after directing "Captain America: The First Avenger," once expressed his desire to call the shots on a movie featuring everyone's favorite bounty hunter, Boba Fett.
Let's not get too carried away, though ... and hope that Disney doesn't, either. "Star Wars" is not "The Avengers." Making a bunch of spinoff movies along with a new trilogy could very well make the Death Star explode before it's fully operational. Maybe it's best to see how it goes with "Episode VII" and evaluate from there, guys? We know you're excited about your new playset but you don't want to wear it out when it's still barely out of the box.
As always, approach these rumors with caution, young Padawans.
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/rumor-disney-planning-star-wars-spinoff-film-centering-165457169.html

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

• 40,548 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 09:48 PM

Too bad they could never make a movie on "Shadows of The Empire". It could've been one of the best easily.

yo.

#84 fido

fido

• 11,867 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 01:58 AM

They should've done an animated movie for Shadows, would've been fun.

I kind of hope they don't do a Yoda movie. Over-exploring the origin or story of a beloved character can often destroy the mystique of that character, a la Boba Fett.

I'd rather see a Jabba's Court or Mos Eisley flick.

• 40,548 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 04:18 PM

Yoda and Chewbacca's creator dies:

http://www.imdb.com/...ef_=hm_nw_tp_t1

yo.

#86 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,840 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:16 PM

I think it would be kinda cool to see yoda developing into a jedi.

#87 fido

fido

• 11,867 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:23 AM

I don't want origins over-explained.

Takes away any mythos about the character. Knowing too much about a character makes them too sterile.

Gimme a Han Solo adventure flick instead. One with him, Lando and Chewy gettin' into it everywhere. Thaat - I would love to see.

Saw that a couple days ago about Stuart Freeborn - big loss.

#88 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 08, 2013 - 07:21 AM

I think it would be kinda cool to see yoda developing into a jedi.

Yeh that would be great

Pau Gasol is GONE

#89 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,471 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 04:10 PM

Episode I had Liam Neeson, he is great. I wish they didn't kill off Maul! Maul is a billion times better than Dooku ever was. But it worked out, cause the Clone Wars on CN is awesome. The Last 3 episodes have been great, I hope Disney doesn't kill that off.

Lucas has been killing of Star Wars, Episode 1 sucked, but for Maul/Qui-Gon Jinn/Obi Wan. Episode II was crap the whole beginning was talking till they got to Geonosis. Episode III, it was good from the start to the end, but for them making Vader into a emo [expletive]. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Wth was Lucas thinking. I really wanted to see more of Vader than that.

LucasArts needs to get off their ass, and give us a new Tie Fighter. Why they made Kotor into a MMORPG baffles me. Speaking on that Bioware sucks now, ME3 ending ruined the whole franchise for me. They think they can just patch what has been seen, it don't work like that.

If they are making VII, they should work off Dark Empire 1/2. I wouldn't mind them making Crimson Empire into a movie. They will have to deal with the Yuuzhan Vong someway.

Stay away from the Hayden Christensen school of Acting.

Sith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jedi. Rebel Scum, Empire All Day!

Edited by Chad, February 08, 2013 - 04:25 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#90 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 08:43 PM

Maul was cool because he didn't say [expletive]...just whupped ass. I don't think he could take dooku though

Pau Gasol is GONE

#91 fido

fido

• 11,867 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 10:40 PM

They're not working off of any previously published Expanded Universe material.

And that's a great thing.

#92 fido

fido

• 11,867 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 03:04 PM

http://www.digitaltr...spin-off-films/

Disney officially announced that the two spin-off films are for Han Solo and Boba Fett!

I would love to see a separate Han Solo film with him, Chewy and Lando gettin' into trouble, can't wait. And the Boba Fett one - they could go anywhere with that. Very happy they decided to go this route instead of over-expounding on Yoda. keep the little green guy a mystery! Since they blew that idea with Boba Fett, I love that they didn't do that twice!

Bring it on!

Now who will play the young Han Solo, that's the big question!

#93 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 03:10 PM

Dull

Pau Gasol is GONE

#94 Oasis Lover

Oasis Lover

Rookie

• 102 posts
  • Name:Roy
  • Fan Since:'89
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 10, 2013 - 06:13 PM

shia labeouf

#95 fido

fido

• 11,867 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 11:24 PM

Dull?!

Please dude, it's just not what you wanted to see, but you'll be seeing it on opening day like the rest of us.

Kasdan and Kinberg know where the best stories would be and that's what they chose. I'm all for it!

After the debacle of the last Indiana Jones movie ans its reception Shia Lebeouf will be far, far from this flick.

#96 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:31 AM

It's dull because I'm really not interested in Star Wars without the Jedi/Sith. Would much rather see a Yoda movie.

Secondly, Harrison Ford brought Han Solo to life and I doubt anyone else would do the character justice.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#97 fido

fido

• 11,867 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 02:34 AM

I got what you mean now, but that doesn't equate to dull, you're just disinterested. It won't be dull.

It's a helluva challenge for an actor to take on and a ballsy one at that. Trying to fill in the Han Solo shoes, not so easy at all.

#98 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,320 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 12:37 PM

Shia is still incredibly viable at the box office. He's a legit money maker. Having said that he's wrong for the part

Harrison ford is iconic as han solo. It is as much his character as a character can possibly be.

Depending on how young they go I'd go with Bradley cooper. If they go younger id go ryan gosling, and if they go younger Liam hemsworth
Posted Image

#99 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 02:58 PM

Joseph Gordon-Levitt?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#100 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,320 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 07:28 PM

Joseph Gordon-Levitt?

he's too small. it was part of my problem with him being "batman" at the end of TDKR. he's got a tiny frame. solo is supposed to be masculine.

cooper, gosling, or liam hemsworth i think are the best options.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users