#521 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted August 11, 2015 - 11:11 AM

Actually, it's the same scene from the other teaser, but from a different angle:

CMCJsewVAAAk_dw.jpg

It sounds like we'll have to wait till fall to see the new trailer...

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#522 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 4,171 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Julius, D'Angelo, Roy

Posted August 11, 2015 - 06:59 PM

Starkiller base!

EyMlHkX.jpg

#523 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 4,171 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 10:57 AM

ep7-26115-1377-1378-03-0-0-147264.jpg

ep7-00000-1377-1378-001-147262.jpg

ep7-22591-1377-1378-02-147263.jpg

ep7-30985-1377-1378-04-0-147265.jpg

ep7-34101-1377-1378-05-1-147266.jpg

ep7-38176-1377-1378-07-147268.jpg

ep7-38369-1377-1378-08-1-147269.jpg

ep7-128464-1377-1378-11-147272.jpg

EyMlHkX.jpg

#524 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,555 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 13, 2015 - 06:32 AM

Still haven't gotten used to that lightsaber

Pau Gasol is GONE

#525 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 3,450 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 13, 2015 - 08:56 PM

Still haven't gotten used to that lightsaber

to be fair.. its a custom made lightsaber

ap1.png

#526 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 13,141 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 14, 2015 - 12:55 AM

Super curious about the explanation behind C-3P0's red left arm.

That armored beast of burden looks incredible.

Can't wait to see Captain Phasma in action.

I absolutely love the dirty crackling rustic homemade lightsaber from Kylo Ren / Vader obsessed member of The Knights Of Ren.

#527 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 4,171 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 11:39 AM

CMeTlx5UwAAbEvH.jpg

EyMlHkX.jpg

#528 fido

fido

• 13,141 posts

Posted August 16, 2015 - 12:59 AM

Struzan coming out of his retirement to do this teaser poster and the official one which will be unveiled later.

I'm incredibly stoked my friends nabbed me a copy of this mini-poster today.

Anything Drew Struzan does is immediate genius.

#529 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 47,917 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 16, 2015 - 03:43 AM

Struzan coming out of his retirement to do this teaser poster and the official one which will be unveiled later.

Agreed! 

Question, what do you think of  Colin Trevorrow being named the Director of Episode 9?  Thoughts on him. 

Edited by Majesty, August 16, 2015 - 03:46 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#530 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 3,450 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 16, 2015 - 06:27 PM

what do you think about the jedi order basically being extinct and the sith essentially... how do they play a role or come back in this movie?

ap1.png

#531 fido

fido

• 13,141 posts

Posted August 17, 2015 - 12:19 AM

We'll all fin d out Rob, nobody knows for sure.

I think it's super premature to pick a director Episode IX, but I'm sure they see the life he injected back into Jurassic Park while repsecting the movies.  He did a good job with it.  Really tough to say how to feel when Episode VII hasn't been unveiled yet.

Rian Johnson is doing Episode VIII.  I'm very, very happy with that.  He has serious chops.

#532 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 4,171 posts

Posted August 17, 2015 - 01:14 PM

Its possible the Knights of Ren are the "new Sith" or darkside users of the galaxy.

Lucky!

EyMlHkX.jpg

#533 fido

fido

• 13,141 posts

Posted August 17, 2015 - 11:49 PM

Supposedly The Knights Of Ren are basically a cult of Sith worshippers.  The biggest of which is Kylo Ren who has an affinity for Darth Vader and collecting relics about him.  He's constructed his own lightsaber with no guidance but his obsession.  That's why it's a yet unseen design, unstable and crackling.  He's basically a crazy devotee on the fringe of society using the First Order to help him in his hunt while in return he helps them re-gain control of the galaxy.

Kylo gets involved because he's hunting down Luke's (rather Vader's) lightsaber after he hears it's been found long after Luke's hand was cut off in Cloud City clutching it.  Lupita Nyong'o's character (a yet to be seen alien) is possibly the one who finds the saber at a marketplace on Jakku.  She knows Leia and asks her if she has any idea who it belongs to and what significance it holds.

Meanwhile Finn, a stormtrooper has left the First Order during the Battle Of Jakku after witnessing something traumatic.  Rey, a scavenger on Jakku who lives in a burned out  AT-AT with Max Von Sydow's character, becomes fast friends with Finn when she rescues him from being hunted down by The First Order.  Somehow they get embroiled into finding and employing Han and Chewie (I'm assuming via Leia, R2 and C-3P0 who are now higher ups in The New Republic) to help find Luke who has long since disappeared into exile.  I've recently read something that C-3P0's red arm is actually a form of promotion, a badge of sorts, within the New Republic.  A designation of his status basically.

Also, with that new Struzan poster, you'll notice Finn holding a very familiar lightsaber.  Does that mean he gets possession of Luke's saber from Leia?  When he and Rey locate Han and Chewie to find Luke, does Leia then hand over the saber to them so they can return it to Luke?  Are Finn and Rey pursued by both Kylo Ren (for the saber) and the First Order (for his defection), all while learning of the Force along the way?  Hmmmm...

Captain Phasma can be mostly associated to a newer form of Boba Fett. She's an elite trooper that is used to hunt down the most elusive targets of The First Order.  I'm assuming Phasma and Han will have a run-in after she lays waste to a heck of a lot of people.

Supreme Leader Snoke is the new Emperor of sorts.  Except this time around the First Order is based on merciless violence as he tries to gather together the remnants of the Empire from around the Galaxy at Starkiller Base.  So there's no basis of leadership grounded in the Force - yet.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Kylo Ren turn on Snoke at some point and take the First Order over maybe towards the end of Episode VII.

With Luke in exile, the last of the Jedi (or the last of two, with Leia being the other -  as Yoda said in Return Of The Jedi) and the First Order abandoning the Force and its principles, the Force has effectively been dormant.  Hence the whole "there's been an awakening" line cited by Snoke in the teaser.

Along the way we'll find out Rey's relationship to everyone past and present as she becomes the focal point of the new trilogy.

Now this is all conjecture, mostly cobbled together from what I've heard, read and seen so far.  I could be totally off.

#534 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 4,171 posts

Posted August 18, 2015 - 12:42 PM

That sounds about right, similar to all the stuff I've seen and read.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#535 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 11,449 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted Today, 08:46 AM

big episode VII toy unveiling...live streaming on youtube

Disney Consumer Products and Lucasfilm have announced an expansive global unveiling of Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys, one spanning 18 hours and 12 countries leading up to the toys' availability for purchase on September 4th. The first expensive plaything will be unboxed at 7:45AM on September 3rd in Sydney, Australia — that's 5:45PM on September 2nd for ET viewers, by the way — and the 15th and final doodad will be opened in San Francisco at 8:00AM PT (that's 11:00AM ET) on September 3rd. All of the toy reveals will be broadcast live on Star Wars' YouTube channel, and the companies have enlisted YouTube personalities from around the world to help with the unboxing taking place in each city.

This is a crass, frivolous exercise — it's Disney and Lucasfilm inviting fans to spend a whole day celebrating the impending moment at which they can cough up various sums of money for hunks of fancy plastic. But it's also indicative of the level of Star Wars hysteria that's been collectively reached. It's almost futile to place any blame on Disney and Lucasfilm: if there's enough interest in this property to sustain a lengthy international celebration of toy releases, why shouldn't they capitalize on it?

http://www.theverge....ns-toy-unboxing

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users