• Please log in to reply
834 replies to this topic

#821 I still miss OTR

I still miss OTR

└ABenchOnA?UEST

• 157 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Devean George

Posted January 12, 2016 - 01:46 PM

Big fan of the Star Wars saga. Nice thread. I totally agree with what fido said, btw.

"Heroes come and go, but Legends live forever..."

hz9dnEm.png

facebook.com/BenchOnAQuest

#822 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 50,857 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 12, 2016 - 02:29 PM

Snoke is Darth Plagueis, Palapatine's thought-to-be-dead master.

The movie scores hand it to you.  Listen to track #6 "Palpatine's Teachings" (the cue from when he's talking about Darth Plagueis) on the "Revenge Of The Sith" score.  Then listen to track #17, "Snoke", on "The Force Awakens" score.  It's virtually the same track.

Addressing all of this re-hash argument stuff.  I get the distinct feeling that those who run to this as a way to knock the film down are not looking past the surface of things.  Or they're trying their best to be a contrarian / different and find something not to like about the film.

You have to understand the damage the prequels did to the Star Wars universe.  Awful films that alienated a ton of long time fans and new fans.  You bring people back into the fold with a modicum of familiarity.  Something to make people feel comfortable again.  it was done to perfection.  Basic writing stuff, it's been done throughout films and books to bring people back into a beloved world.

Look, it's fine to want to be different, to try and stand out from the crowd, I get it.  But the crux of the argument is weak and superficial.  You're looking at a wide swash  of the whole thing and not at the little things that need to be done to keep a damaged story alive.

To add to that fido..

If Plagueis was able to influence the Force to create life... 

What if he created Anakin??  

Wouldn't it make sense as to how wise he was?   One thing he always was, was patient.  

If he created Anakin, he was banking on the fact that eventually he'd be found, the Jedi would assume the prophecy and ultimately try to bring him to their side. 

One wonders if Plagueis knew Palpatine would betray him, if he created Anakin and the 'chosen' one prophecy, perhaps he also knew that his successor would try to obtain him too, and that Anakin would eventually bring the downfall of the Sith who took his place, which wound up being Palpatine.

After Vader killed Palpatine (which in it's own way would also be Plagueis' revenge) that would be the perfect time for Plagueis to rise again wouldn't it?    

It would basically mean that Plagueis outsmarted Palpatine all those years ago, created Anakin to seem the 'beacon' of balance to the force, and if the 'prophecy' held true, that he would eventually bring an end to the leader of the Sith, which turned out to be Palpatine at that time. 

That would make Plagueis's name "The Wise" stand out even more.

Also, Kylo Ren did say above all else, that Snoke was "Wise". So one wonders..

JJ is perfect at throwing stuff in like that which seem like nothing or can go under the radar so that when he brings it up later the puzzle pieces fit. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#823 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 3,851 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted January 12, 2016 - 11:41 PM

Snoke is Darth Plagueis, Palapatine's thought-to-be-dead master.

The movie scores hand it to you.  Listen to track #6 "Palpatine's Teachings" (the cue from when he's talking about Darth Plagueis) on the "Revenge Of The Sith" score.  Then listen to track #17, "Snoke", on "The Force Awakens" score.  It's virtually the same track.

Addressing all of this re-hash argument stuff.  I get the distinct feeling that those who run to this as a way to knock the film down are not looking past the surface of things.  Or they're trying their best to be a contrarian / different and find something not to like about the film.

You have to understand the damage the prequels did to the Star Wars universe.  Awful films that alienated a ton of long time fans and new fans.  You bring people back into the fold with a modicum of familiarity.  Something to make people feel comfortable again.  it was done to perfection.  Basic writing stuff, it's been done throughout films and books to bring people back into a beloved world.

Look, it's fine to want to be different, to try and stand out from the crowd, I get it.  But the crux of the argument is weak and superficial.  You're looking at a wide swash  of the whole thing and not at the little things that need to be done to keep a damaged story alive.

I'm not being a contrarian.. i saw the movie twice.. even paid for someone else to watch it with me lol. I thought it was a solid film.. even gave it a B rating as if that means anything lol. I just think some of the rehashed points were a joke.. such as deathstar 3.0.. how they figure out how to destroy the planet..shot for shot x wing going in to blow the place up. I thought it was a great rebirth to the franchise.. I was expecting more but it was still a great movie that leaves the prequels far behind.

ap1.png

#824 DTIII™

DTIII™

"Even you...have never faced such a test."

• 4,469 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Julius, D'Angelo, Roy

Posted January 13, 2016 - 01:09 PM

Of course JJ knows who Rey's parents are, hopefully Rian Johnson will answer that question and we wont have to wait until Colin Trevorrow to find out.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#825 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 21,968 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 01:31 PM

I think it's clear snoke is darth plageuis my question is though where does the saga go after? He is the all powerful Sith Lord after all.

Anakin was created in response to snoke trying to create a child of the force. That's why he's the chosen one. Because plageuis attempted to create something that unbalanced the force so the force created something to balance it.

Hence anakin. I've seen people suggest that maybe Rey is a second coming of anakin. Another birth similar. That's a route I wouldn't mind them going. I think Han and Leia being the parents and having hid her from snoke once snoke got a hold of Ben

Then there's the Luke route obviously. I think it'd be interesting if Leia gave birth to Rey when kylo was with Luke so kylo doesn't know about her and neither does snoke

The only thing I don't want (and I'm pretty certain this won't happen) is that Rey is just a random born force user. I think that's boring and uninspired. I either want her to be lineage of a skywalkers or another chosen one a la anakin
Posted Image

#826 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 21,968 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 01:33 PM

Of course JJ knows who Rey's parents are, hopefully Rian Johnson will answer that question and we wont have to wait until Colin Trevorrow to find out.

I think Colin trevorrow will be dealing with the reprecussions of her lineage moreso than revealing them
Posted Image

#827 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 11,977 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 14, 2016 - 03:37 PM

force awakens visual effects breakdown

posts very small for some reason, might want to watch on vimeo site

Posted Image

#828 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 24,396 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 18, 2016 - 11:17 PM

Saw it tonight.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#829 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 4,306 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 20, 2016 - 06:22 AM

can the force finally get some rest please?

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#830 DTIII™

DTIII™

• 4,469 posts

Posted January 20, 2016 - 08:14 PM

can the force finally get some rest please?

It already did! for a long time lol

EyMlHkX.jpg

#831 DTIII™

DTIII™

• 4,469 posts

Posted January 27, 2016 - 03:54 PM

EyMlHkX.jpg

#832 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,586 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 27, 2016 - 06:39 PM

I still haven't seen this smh

Pau Gasol is GONE

#833 DTIII™

DTIII™

• 4,469 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 10:08 PM

EyMlHkX.jpg

#834 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 13,666 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 30, 2016 - 06:57 PM

His voice is in Rey's dream sequence when she touched Luke's saber.

#835 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 50,857 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 30, 2016 - 07:46 PM

His voice is in Rey's dream sequence when she touched Luke's saber.

Yep, him and Alec Guinness! 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users