Photo

How did Meeks end up in the doghouse already?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 05, 2012 - 01:03 AM

makes me want to cry that we picked him over barbosa. we had them both in a room, and mitch and M.brown said, we want you Meeks, to sit on the bench for us,,,,,bosa,chill. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: but for real bosa thought he was gunna be a Laker, then we picked Meeks...

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, November 05, 2012 - 01:03 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#22 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 05, 2012 - 01:08 AM

Because Dike Clown gets a massive hard on everytime he puts Ebanks or Blake in his 2 lol!!! Seriously though It's like last season all over again.

:laughing:
Posted Image

#23 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,846 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 05, 2012 - 01:22 AM

I really have no idea why he prefers Ebanks to Meeks. Meeks is by far a better player. Ebanks sucks. He screws up constantly and when in a real game(not preseason) he cant play. Thats why his preseason performance didnt trick me. Have been saying that ense he went for 20 somthing in the preseason. We really need to focus on Meeks cuz even though he will have bad shooting nights he's still better than ebanks who doesnt have any good nights.

#24 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,317 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 05, 2012 - 06:53 AM

no reliable regular rotations thats why! Brown did the same thing to Ebanks last season & this season. HE must play the talent on the bench to get the most out of the roster. those bench players must get meaningful minutes alongside the starters as well not just with other bench players
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#25 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 05, 2012 - 06:59 AM

Brown comes from the Greg Popovich school of DEFENSE so if he says Ebanks is a better defender at SG than Meeks, I believe him.

Do I agree with all of his rotations? No...but I also don't spend day and night, eat and sleeping Lakers Basketball. He has seen more of these guys than we ever will.

Trust. If Brown is wrong, I believe he'll correct his mistake. If he doesn't, he'll get fired. Either way, it will work itself out.

#26 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,615 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 05, 2012 - 07:15 AM

Every thread I go to now is identical to the "fire mike brown" thread.

#27 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted November 05, 2012 - 07:24 AM

Brown comes from the Greg Popovich school of DEFENSE so if he says Ebanks is a better defender at SG than Meeks, I believe him.

Trust. If Brown is wrong, I believe he'll correct his mistake. If he doesn't, he'll get fired. Either way, it will work itself out.

This!

#28 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 05, 2012 - 08:30 AM

Do I agree with all of his rotations? No...but I also don't spend day and night, eat and sleeping Lakers Basketball. He has seen more of these guys than we ever will.

If thats so....why does he play Blake at the 2?

#29 RAFA

RAFA

Rookie

• 211 posts
  • Fav. Laker:MAGIC JOHNSON

Posted November 05, 2012 - 10:51 AM

the only reason i thnk is we are trying to trade ebanks

#30 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,615 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 05, 2012 - 11:18 AM

the only reason i thnk is we are trying to trade ebanks

That could be true actually... not sure of his contract, isn't he a restricted free agent?

#31 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,001 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 05, 2012 - 11:46 AM

Somehow I get the feeling that Meeks absense has to do with the Trailblazers game and what is making Brown give the backup 2 minutes to Ebanks is because of the horrid defense Meeks showed against the Trailblazers, we forget it was his and Duhon's man that burned them on that 13-0 run and it was Meeks' guy that ended the run with the score at the end of the 3rd.

That was probably enough to get Brown to give those minutes to Ebanks because of his defense and size with the way Meeks was getting burned defensively during that 13-0 run I can see why Brown would make that decision to go with a "tall" lineup for the bench unit.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#32 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,039 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 05, 2012 - 12:03 PM

I don't buy this Pop argument at all, or the fact that Brown will adjust, here's why.

1) Popovich is a defensive coach who implements defensive schemes that have been proven effective multiple times. Mike Brown has done nothing to that regard so far this season. And defending the Pistons doesn't count.

2) Popovich would never play Tim Duncan 40 minutes and bench his backup. Brown has no reason to do that. His rotations are absolute crap. Blake at the 2 again? He hasn't learned from last season at all. Gasol and Jamison together as well. That's one of the worst defensive lineups you could put out there in the frontcourt.

3) Offensively, Popovich did not stick to his system as much as you claim. Last season he gave Parker free reigns and that's how they got to the WCF. He quit his initial system of running the offense through Duncan. And don't even start telling me the Spurs never ran the PnR, because they did frequently and it worked. Phil Jackson who preached the triangle wasn't afraid to do the same either. Brown needs to prioritize winning games over perfecting the Princeton. That way when we are winning we can practice the offense, otherwise we will do what we need to do to score. Then midseason, we will be able to transition between our offense and the PnR seamlessly while still being above .500. Win-win.

4) Even if I buy that Pop stuck to his system, it's because he chose a good one. Last year Mike Brown tried to run Popovich's 4 out 1 in offense that he used in San Antonio, except for some reason Brown thought Bynum and Gasol were Duncan and Robinson, two of the best big men to ever play. It failed at the beginning of the year, and I heard the exact same [expletive] then too. "Give it more time, just keep practicing and we'll be good come playoff time." Total bull[expletive]. It wasn't going to fit the players and Brown should have changed it. While he's finally switched to the Princeton which works better, his in game adjustments still need lots of work.

Brown is not Popovich and never will be close to a Hall of Fame coach. Just because he was his assistant doesn't mean he's a Popovich guy. A Popovich guy is one who is savvy and knows how to win ball games, neither of which Mike Brown has proven he can do at this point.

I'm not completely worried, since the Heat found a way to win with freaking Spoelstra of all people. It's all about using the talent on the team effectively, not trying to run sets when the players don't know how yet.

#33 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 05, 2012 - 12:25 PM

I don't buy this Pop argument at all, or the fact that Brown will adjust, here's why.

1) Popovich is a defensive coach who implements defensive schemes that have been proven effective multiple times. Mike Brown has done nothing to that regard so far this season. And defending the Pistons doesn't count.

2) Popovich would never play Tim Duncan 40 minutes and bench his backup. Brown has no reason to do that. His rotations are absolute crap. Blake at the 2 again? He hasn't learned from last season at all. Gasol and Jamison together as well. That's one of the worst defensive lineups you could put out there in the frontcourt.

3) Offensively, Popovich did not stick to his system as much as you claim. Last season he gave Parker free reigns and that's how they got to the WCF. He quit his initial system of running the offense through Duncan. And don't even start telling me the Spurs never ran the PnR, because they did frequently and it worked. Phil Jackson who preached the triangle wasn't afraid to do the same either. Brown needs to prioritize winning games over perfecting the Princeton. That way when we are winning we can practice the offense, otherwise we will do what we need to do to score. Then midseason, we will be able to transition between our offense and the PnR seamlessly while still being above .500. Win-win.

4) Even if I buy that Pop stuck to his system, it's because he chose a good one. Last year Mike Brown tried to run Popovich's 4 out 1 in offense that he used in San Antonio, except for some reason Brown thought Bynum and Gasol were Duncan and Robinson, two of the best big men to ever play. It failed at the beginning of the year, and I heard the exact same [expletive] then too. "Give it more time, just keep practicing and we'll be good come playoff time." Total bull[expletive]. It wasn't going to fit the players and Brown should have changed it. While he's finally switched to the Princeton which works better, his in game adjustments still need lots of work.

Brown is not Popovich and never will be close to a Hall of Fame coach. Just because he was his assistant doesn't mean he's a Popovich guy. A Popovich guy is one who is savvy and knows how to win ball games, neither of which Mike Brown has proven he can do at this point.

I'm not completely worried, since the Heat found a way to win with freaking Spoelstra of all people. It's all about using the talent on the team effectively, not trying to run sets when the players don't know how yet.

:rock:

• 40,548 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 08:54 PM

Was Meeks at the game tonight?

yo.

#35 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted November 07, 2012 - 08:57 PM

Was Meeks at the game tonight?

Yea but sat in section 101 row 13 :P
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

• 40,548 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:23 PM

Was Mike Brown actually maybe right on this one? Or is Meeks simply just going through a little slump?

Two things are clear, he's not very smart and he doesn't have very good hands or handles maybe for that matter as well.

yo.

#37 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:32 PM

Was Mike Brown actually maybe right on this one? Or is Meeks simply just going through a little slump?

Two things are clear, he's not very smart and he doesn't have very good hands or handles maybe for that matter as well.

Nobody will acknowledge this. A few guys here were damn near insufferable during that stretch with the name-calling and the immature posts.

#38 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,001 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:32 PM

Meeks is naturally streaky. He'll play crap then he'll play awesome, then 3 games crap, then 2 games awesome. It's his nature. Such as tonight it was crap. His defense was "alright" and he made some good reads. But since the spurs game he's been way off and cold. And tonight was a turnover machine.

Brown wasn't an idiot, people just never wanted to agree with him.

Edited by Majesty, November 13, 2012 - 10:33 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#39 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,415 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:33 PM

I'd say its a slump. If he sticks to his set shots he'll be fine. He'll be seeing plenty of those with Mike D as the HC now and when Nash returns.

#40 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:41 PM

Meeks will be fine. He has been more or less the same player for the past three seasons:
8-ish points, 2 rpg, 1 ast, half a steal, shooting almost .400 on 3s and with a PER at around 12.

This season he started out in a new difficult system, with a coach who didnt want to play him. Then the coach was fired and he havent found his rhythm. It's not like he forgot to play basketball.

He will be fine in a D'Antoni system as a spot-up 3pt shooter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users