Photo

How did Meeks end up in the doghouse already?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 thrilla86

thrilla86

Rookie

• 219 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 03, 2012 - 09:16 AM

He was brought to this team to be instant offense.

He played 5 minutes against Portland and 0 against the Clippers...

What's going on? I would be pissed if I was him. He was getting way more burn on the 76ers..

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,224 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 03, 2012 - 09:20 AM

because Brown doesn't have a "set rotation" yet

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 thrilla86

thrilla86

Rookie

• 219 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 03, 2012 - 09:21 AM

Whether it is set or not, he needs to play in the game. Kobe can't play 40 minutes a game.

• 40,431 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 10:58 AM

Because Brown is still "experimenting".

yo.

#5 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:04 AM

Because Mike Brown Is incompetent and enjoys playing our injured star 40+ minutes!!! Love having an elite coach who understands great rotations lmfao.

#6 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,409 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:06 AM

:laughing:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#7 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,409 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:06 AM

:laughing:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#8 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:17 AM

Because Brown is still "experimenting".

and thats whats going to get him fired, experimenting or not Meeks needs to play

Posted Image

#9 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,846 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:51 AM

Guys we just played 3 games. Its not a big deal, i would agree with you if we are mid season and still suffering .. Give time to MB to figure things out.

In this point, you have to trust him.

#10 Superman

Superman

Rookie

• 69 posts
  • Name:Esai
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard

Posted November 03, 2012 - 01:59 PM

Guys we just played 3 games. Its not a big deal, i would agree with you if we are mid season and still suffering .. Give time to MB to figure things out.

In this point, you have to trust him.

Its just this guy sometimes puts rotations on the court that makes you wonder, why would you have this lineup on the court?
For example he never gave cdr or johnson-odom any minutes in preseason instead he had nelson and aguilar like are u serious? The other 2 guys we knew they had no shot.

Now he doesnt play meeks, im guessing he likes morris and next game i feel as if the rotations are gonna be worse.

Even a normal fan frm this forum can have better rotations them MB. And hes a "defensive coach" yet were terrible in defense. This guy needs to step up or get fired.

Were the lakers, either we see results or see ya were not trynna give u a couple years too see if ure a good coach, we all know so far uve been trash.

#11 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted November 03, 2012 - 04:17 PM

leave Mike Clown alone guys...he knows what he's doing...remember he was "Coach at the Year" at one point.....

#12 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 03, 2012 - 04:29 PM

Because Mike Brown Is incompetent and enjoys playing our injured star 40+ minutes!!! Love having an elite coach who understands great rotations lmfao.

Exactly, I don't know how anyone can defend him for that.
Meeks was supposed to keep Kobe's minutes down, there is no reason he should not be playing in the regular season.
Couldn't believe it when I saw MB start experimenting with Morris at the 2 in the middle of the game instead of getting Meeks minutes.
Yeah lets give our inept 2nd round 4th string rookie PG, minutes at the backup SG instead of the guy we signed specifically to play that spot.

Edited by JSaber20, November 03, 2012 - 04:33 PM.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#13 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,800 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 04, 2012 - 10:28 AM

Not a big deal. Not all of the rotations are completely on Brown at this point. I know that I have been an assistant and have seen things that I felt weren't working. A GOOD headcoach listens to his assistants and adjust things accordingly, at least, gives their opinion a look to see if it's valid.

I don't see this being an issue. I think it will average out as the season goes on and they get a good look at other players/rotations.

This early in the season, a reason 1 players gets a nod over another could be trades that are being explored and players getting burn to increase their trade value (Blake/Morris over Duhon and Meeks). Players also get put on the shelf if they are in trade discussions already (Duhon).

• 40,431 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 09:47 PM

Looks like he finally apologized to Mike Brown for sleeping with Mrs. Potato Head.

yo.

#15 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,554 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 04, 2012 - 10:38 PM

Meeks is in the doghouse because Mike Brown is a bad coach.

Meeks is a floor-spacer who can defend and he is very much a rhythm-shooter. He will never get going if he only gets 4-5 mins at the end of the game.

Hopefully, when Dwight Howard gets his timing down on the defensive end, Jamison will get mins at the 4, Ebanks will be back at the 3 and Meeks will get mins aat the 2 - like it should be. If not, we might as well trade the dude.

#16 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 10:50 PM

Meeks is in the doghouse because Mike Brown is a bad coach.

Meeks is a floor-spacer who can defend and he is very much a rhythm-shooter. He will never get going if he only gets 4-5 mins at the end of the game.

Hopefully, when Dwight Howard gets his timing down on the defensive end, Jamison will get mins at the 4, Ebanks will be back at the 3 and Meeks will get mins aat the 2 - like it should be. If not, we might as well trade the dude.

And Hill backups the 5. Also the only that works well you know the answer to that one if both Howard and Gasol are on the bench resting. Also some of you called Meeks undersized 2 so you basically helped put Meeks in the doghouse. thanks a lot.

#17 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 04, 2012 - 10:53 PM

Meeks was brought in on a guaranteed contract to be Kobe's backup at SG. He should be playing it's as simple as that. Brown needs to quit messing around and put him in!

Edited by LakersChamps243, November 04, 2012 - 10:53 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#18 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,201 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 12:41 AM

Looks like he finally apologized to Mike Brown for sleeping with Mrs. Potato Head.

;)
Posted Image

#19 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 05, 2012 - 12:50 AM

Because Dike Clown gets a massive hard on everytime he puts Ebanks or Blake in his 2 lol!!! Seriously though It's like last season all over again.

#20 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,507 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted November 05, 2012 - 12:58 AM

Yeah its pissing me off!

Meeks doesn't deserve this!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users