#21 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 02, 2012 - 07:18 AM

He made the right choice. I would always recommend to sag off from the guy who struggles with his shot. Tony Parker has NEVER been a consistent three-point, long-range shooter. Parker is extremely dangerous off the dribble and attacking the basket, but he was lucky in the last two games, he hit two great 3-pointers down the stretch.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#22 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 02, 2012 - 08:05 AM

Typical for him and losing Harden will cost too, but laugh at this; http://www.yardbarke...=mb_main_col_10

#23 1stkobefan

1stkobefan

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Name:TeDarryl Sands
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 02, 2012 - 08:31 AM

As much as everyone criticizes Russy son is still being forced to play out of position. When Scotty finally wises up and gives him the green light as the SG ppl will always complain. The dude is just as much of a potent scorer as KD it just so happens he plays alongside the guy who's considered the best scorer in the game.

#24 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,619 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 08:43 AM

It's weird. I like the Thunder...it's my second favorite team, however I was happy to see them lose last night because we're 0 and 2. I hope they somehow start 0 and 2 as well. Plus I just love when games in general that aren't the Lakers come down to buzzer beaters.

I have KD on my fantasy team though. I hope he goes on a scoring tear and they still lose. :shifty:

On Topic: Yes, Westbrook is an idiot. I agree, he has all this talent but he lacks the point guard mentality of knowing when to pass sometimes. I have a feeling in 3 years or so they'll trade him for a real pg and some other players so they can actually feed Durant.

#25 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,534 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 02, 2012 - 08:49 AM

As much as everyone criticizes Russy son is still being forced to play out of position. When Scotty finally wises up and gives him the green light as the SG ppl will always complain. The dude is just as much of a potent scorer as KD it just so happens he plays alongside the guy who's considered the best scorer in the game.

No he isn't

#26 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 02, 2012 - 08:51 AM

He made the right choice. I would always recommend to sag off from the guy who struggles with his shot. Tony Parker has NEVER been a consistent three-point, long-range shooter. Parker is extremely dangerous off the dribble and attacking the basket, but he was lucky in the last two games, he hit two great 3-pointers down the stretch.

That wasn't a three point shot by Parker it was a mid range shot. Parker has been a terrific mid range jump shooter for several seasons. Westbrook didn't even sag off him he just didn't guard him at all. You just can't have that. As a basketball player you have know the guy you're guarding and what he can do well. One of Parker's strengths is his mid range jumper and to just not guard him at all it's just stupid and unacceptable. If I was a Thunder player or the coach I would be giving Westbrook an earful because right now he's costing the team with his stupidity.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, November 02, 2012 - 08:58 AM.

htCCl0m.png

#27 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 02, 2012 - 08:55 AM

Stop it. Westbrook can't touch Durant as far as scoring ability. Westbrook is probably better at getting to the rim consistently because of his speed, but Durant is terrific at driving to the rim as well. The difference is Durant is a much, much better outside shooter. He's also got a much better shot selection. Let me know when Westbrook wins a scoring title and does it efficiently like Durant did. Really the only guy in the league that can match Durant's potent scoring ability is the guy on our team Kobe Bryant. Kobe has a terrific low post game and can still get to the rim relatively easily. He still has the best mid range jumper in the league. Durant is the better three point shooter though.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, November 02, 2012 - 08:59 AM.

htCCl0m.png

#28 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,590 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 02, 2012 - 09:07 AM

He's a young player still, he'll learn. Kobe has done a lot of the same things in the past and gotten a lot of the same criticism. Only difference is Kobe won some rings early, so it wasn't such a big deal. He had big fella to help him through it. Westbrook will be fine. Even if at the end of his career he looks more like an Iverson than a Magic, it's still a success. Not everyone can win championships. He'll be okay.

#29 1stkobefan

1stkobefan

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 09:22 AM

Stop it. Westbrook can't touch Durant as far as scoring ability. Westbrook is probably better at getting to the rim consistently because of his speed, but Durant is terrific at driving to the rim as well. The difference is Durant is a much, much better outside shooter. He's also got a much better shot selection. Let me know when Westbrook wins a scoring title and does it efficiently like Durant did. Really the only guy in the league that can match Durant's potent scoring ability is the guy on our team Kobe Bryant. Kobe has a terrific low post game and can still get to the rim relatively easily. He still has the best mid range jumper in the league. Durant is the better three point shooter though.

Ok so the hands down fastest and one of the strongest guards in the game involved in a tandem that BEAT the numbers of LBJ & Wade... and you're telling me Westbrook couldn't go 27+ppg if he was by himself??? Gtho llh. If you can't see that Westbrook is a born scorer you should just stick to watching the Cowboys and leave basketball alone. You don't luck up and score 23 ppg with a guy that's putting up 30 on the same team & even moreso 43 in the finals. Don't let your dislike for a guy make you short change his ability.

Edited by 1stkobefan, November 02, 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#30 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:40 AM

Ok so the hands down fastest and one of the strongest guards in the game involved in a tandem that BEAT the numbers of LBJ & Wade... and you're telling me Westbrook couldn't go 27+ppg if he was by himself??? Gtho llh. If you can't see that Westbrook is a born scorer you should just stick to watching the Cowboys and leave basketball alone. You don't luck up and score 23 ppg with a guy that's putting up 30 on the same team & even moreso 43 in the finals. Don't let your dislike for a guy make you short change his ability.

Okay one, you're not going to disrespect members here on your third post. You can disagree with someone, but don't start throwing in unnecessary comments. But anyways....

Two, Westbrook can score with the best of them. HIs issue is always going to be at the rate he does it. His scoring will go up this year without Harden on the squad but he has costs his teams games in the past because he doesn't know how to find a good balance of scorer and point guard.

Look at last year's playoffs. Westbrook averaged more shots and shot a lower % from the field and three point line than Kevin Durant. That's a serious problem. As a point guard, you cannot do that especially when you have a guy like Kevin Durant on the team.

There is a difference between the two players. Durant can score from anywhere on the floor efficiently. Westbrook cannot. Westbrook's bread and butter is getting to the basket, and using that deadly pull up jumper in transition. Occasionally, he'll hit a coupe threes in a row, but when that happens, he starts to get shot happy and shoots his team out of games.

He's still a young player. He will develop and will be a force in this league for years to come. His biggest thing is to learn the balance of being a point guard and sticking to what makes him a good player.

#31 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,534 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 02, 2012 - 11:51 AM

Don't know about that....

#32 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 12:09 PM

It was a mid rang jumper and the play before he hit a three so he had the hot hand

#33 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 12:38 PM

Russell Westbrook at the PG can either be a great thing or a TERRIBLE THING idk what goes through this guys mind that he thinks it's good for his team to come down and try to shoot over everybody and try to score on double teams when his mid range jumper is very inconsistent idk why he does this and then makes huge mental errors at the end of games.... this isn't the first time we've seen Russel make a blunder at the end of games... maybe one day something will just click in his head and he will learn how to balance getting his team mates involved while scoring efficiently I've never seen a player that had this hard of a time adjusting

#34 kobe8

kobe8

Rookie

• 166 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 01:27 PM

He made the right choice. I would always recommend to sag off from the guy who struggles with his shot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 01:59 PM

Did you watch the final play?

Because if you did, you would know Westbrook didn't just "sag off" Parker.

He was caught ball watching at the start of the set, not paying any attention to Parker and they ended up on opposite sides of the court. That's not sagging off, that's completely losing your mark.

#36 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 02, 2012 - 03:40 PM

OKC made a financial decision not to keep Harden so it wasn't wise as you can't save money and win rings just ask Cuban, he should have kept his winnig team intact, but gambled on Howared amd Deron. and lost so Mark for that reason I'm out.

#37 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 02, 2012 - 04:43 PM

I like Russell, but I agree he makes boneheaded decisions, it would probably have been a better decision to have traded him and kept Harden. Should have traded him and Perkins to either Toronto for Calderon and Bargnani (before Kyle Lowry) or maybe to Sacramento for Tyreke Evans and Jason Thompson (not sure if these work salarywise, just a thought off the top of my head)
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#38 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,285 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 02, 2012 - 05:07 PM

Never have been a fan of the guy.

#39 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted November 02, 2012 - 05:27 PM

Posted Image

Epic screenshot. :laughing:

#40 1stkobefan

1stkobefan

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 05:43 PM

Plz pardon the rambunctiousness but I'm a basketball player, lover, luster, & obsesser. Westbrook is out of position plain and simple. AI started off as a PG but ended & is legendary as a SG. Westbrook is being restricted & as Laker fans lets hope Scotty keeps it that way. If there is any tandem to rivals Magic & Kareem, Jordan & Pippen, Kobe & Shaq... its KD & Westbrook. The guy is in a league of his own with speed & power since Rose went down. If he is put in his proper position OKC will have 2 25+ppg on the same team. As LA fans lets hope it never happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users