#1 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:23 PM

Russell Westbrook is a freaking idiot. Not only did he take some horrible shots down the stretch like he seemingly always does, but on that last play against Tony Parker he just left him wide open. That's completely unacceptable. You can't just leave the guy your guarding. If you're gonna switch than let your teammate know you're gonna switch and he didn't. This guy has all the talent in the world to be a truly great basketball player. He could be the best point guard in the game, but he just is so mentally incompatent. Then he also had a turnover at the end of the game and the Thunder didn't even get a shot off.

I'm not sure Oklahoma City will ever win a championship with this idiot as their starting point guard. This dumbass has the best scorer in the league on his team in Kevin Durant and yet he's still constantly jacking up ill advised shots. He made only 6 of his 21 shot attempts. That's just pathetic right there. This is why losing Harden is so huge IMO. He was their playmaker. He set up guys and got easier shots for Durant and Westbrook, but now who's gonna be making plays? We know that obviously Martin is a pure scorer and not a playmaker at all. Westbrook has to be that guy and he's not even close to a pass first point guard. He's a shooting guard playing the point guard position.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, November 01, 2012 - 08:30 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#2 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:44 PM

If the Thunder are playing terrible, good, you're a Laker fan correct?

You should be ecstatic, you sound like a disgruntled Thunder fan complaining
about how dumb Russell Westbrook is for blowing the game
(he isn't on the Lakers who cares).

#3 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:45 PM

Its one game....lol

#4 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,594 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:47 PM

This is NBA Talk. So, he's allowed to talk about and complain. And it was stupid the way Russ played down the stretch.

#5 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:49 PM

Its one game....lol

I understand, but this hasn't just been a problem this season. It's been happening for the last couple of years. Westbrook thinks he's better than Durant and that's why their offense has been so inconsistent in the playoffs in the fourth quarter. If Westbrook wasn't so damn stupid and would realize who the best player on the team is they'd probably have a championship right now. Durant is also one of my favorite players in the league. My favorite non Laker and I feel bad for him that he has to play with such a mentally incompetent player.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, November 01, 2012 - 08:52 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#6 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:50 PM

Damn right I'm a Lakers fan, but I'm also a huge basketball fan and it annoys me to no end to say see guys so much talent just play stupid like this. Westbrook has a Kobe mentality, but the difference is Kobe was never forced to play point guard and has a prolonged history of bailing his team out at the end of games. Westbrook doesn't.
htCCl0m.png

#7 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:51 PM

Yes Westbrook did make a mistake on defense and completely lost sight of Parker but its 1 game.. and not only that but give some credit to the Spurs...
And also.. you believe Westbrook can be the best Point Guard in the game??? He is talented but he does not know how to control the flow of a game and facilitate.

The great Greg Popovich not only drew up a great play but the Spurs executed it exceptionally well.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#8 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:53 PM

Damn right I'm a Lakers fan, but I'm also a huge basketball fan and it annoys me to no end to say see guys so much talent just play stupid like this. Westbrook has a Kobe mentality, but the difference is Kobe was never forced to play point guard and has a prolonged history of bailing his team out at the end of games. Westbrook doesn't.

Why are you even comparing Westbrook to Kobe???
Westbrook still has many years ahead of him.. And you are practically contradicting yourself! You say he has one of the greatest scorers in Kevin Durant so why does Westbrook even have to bail his team out??? Durant is the guy OKC goes to if they need to be bailed out.

I am a Laker fan and a huge Kobe fan but I will admit there has been numerous times in which Kobe has made poor decisions.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#9 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:58 PM

Why are you even comparing Westbrook to Kobe???
Westbrook still has many years ahead of him.. And you are practically contradicting yourself! You say he has one of the greatest scorers in Kevin Durant so why does Westbrook even have to bail his team out??? Durant is the guy OKC goes to if they need to be bailed out.

I am a Laker fan and a huge Kobe fan but I will admit there has been numerous times in which Kobe has made poor decisions.

OKC never has a chance to go to Durant because Westbrook also jacks up retarded shots. He's the point guard. It's his responsibility to get KD the ball. I'm not really comparing Kobe and Westbrook just stating they have similar mentalities. Sure Kobe has had some bad moments at the end of the games, but the great moments far out weight the bad moments. Difference is Kobe isn't being forced to play point guard. Russell is and that's why they needed to keep Harden. Can't force a shooting guard to play point guard.
htCCl0m.png

#10 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:01 PM

OKC never has a chance to go to Durant because Westbrook also jacks up retarded shots. He's the point guard. It's his responsibility to get KD the ball. I'm not really comparing Kobe and Westbrook just stating they have similar mentalities. Sure Kobe has had some bad moments at the end of the games, but the great moments far out weight the bad moments. Difference is Kobe isn't being forced to play point guard. Russell is and that's why they needed to keep Harden. Can't force a shooting guard to play point guard.

Well if your just trying to say that they needed to keep Harden then I agree with you hahahaha.

Harden is a far better shooter and play maker than Westbrook.
Its just his Speed and Athleticism are RIDICULOUS.

Oh well just 1 less problem for the Lakers haha

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#11 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:03 PM

Well if your just trying to say that they needed to keep Harden then I agree with you hahahaha.

Harden is a far better shooter and play maker than Westbrook.
Its just his Speed and Athleticism are RIDICULOUS.

Oh well just 1 less problem for the Lakers haha

Yeah when we win the championship they're gonna regret trading Harden. Just stupid to break up a core that just made the Finals. He would've been restricted and they could've matched any offer that Harden get. I could understand doing it if he was unrestricted, but he wasn't. Just a dumb move on Oklahoma City's part.
htCCl0m.png

#12 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:03 PM

I'm a basketball fan too, but I'm not as passionate about players outside of the Lakers franchise.

If Westbrook is playing poorly it doesn't bother me a bit, especially if I didn't bet on the guy or anything.

I have players I like outside of the franchise, but if they have a bad game I don't get upset, doesn't effect
my teams standings so you won't catch me crying over spilled milk.

That is why I answered the way I did, I just don't get your perspective is all.

#13 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:05 PM

Ha, my roommate was watching that game and (he's a huge Thunder fan) and he punched a hole in his wall after Parker hit the game winner. :laughing:

I love Westbrook's talent, he is an unreal athlete, but he is just so erratic. Ah well, I love seeing OKC lose.

Edited by 24allday, November 01, 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#14 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:07 PM

This is NBA Talk. So, he's allowed to talk about and complain. And it was stupid the way Russ played down the stretch.

Never said he wasn't allowed, I simply don't understand, I feel indifferent when my fav players on other teams have a bad night
I thought every true Laker fan felt like this.

#15 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:07 PM

Ha, my roommate was watching that game and (he's a huge Thunder fan) and he punched a hole in his wall after Parker hit the game winner. :laughing:

I love Westbrook's talent, he is an unreal athlete, but he is just so erratic. Ah well, I love seeing OKC lose.

Sounds like me after Sunday night. :laughing:
htCCl0m.png

#16 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:08 PM

I'm a basketball fan too, but I'm not as passionate about players outside of the Lakers franchise.

If Westbrook is playing poorly it doesn't bother me a bit, especially if I didn't bet on the guy or anything.

I have players I like outside of the franchise, but if they have a bad game I don't get upset, doesn't effect
my teams standings so you won't catch me crying over spilled milk.

That is why I answered the way I did, I just don't get your perspective is all.

Well again it just bothers me to see young players with so much talent just waste it and play stupid basketball. I'm not gonna lie I am pretty upset, but it also has to do with the fact that I HATE the Spurs. My family is all Spurs fans except for me. I know they're licking their chops over this and obviously the Lakers struggles.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, November 01, 2012 - 09:09 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#17 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted November 01, 2012 - 10:28 PM

There was a possession where Durant was raising his hands calling for the ball and Westbrook didn't even look at him. Durant clapped his hands in frustration which is very rare to see. If things go south between these two...

#18 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 01, 2012 - 10:37 PM

He's a great player but he doesn't have the highest basketball IQ, which is sometimes a problem.

#19 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,707 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 02, 2012 - 12:19 AM

I hate his game. Always have. He has great ability but his team work and bball IQ is pretty much non existant. Thing is also he isnt getting any better at it either. If anything he's getting more greedy every year.

#20 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 02, 2012 - 06:47 AM

That's Westbrook for ya

Like I said...

Posted Image

Edited by Windu, November 02, 2012 - 06:48 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users