Photo

Steve Nash diagnosed with small fibula fracture; out at least a week (pg.3)

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#181 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:00 AM

LMAO the hatred for Morris continues

What is your obsession with defending Morris?

Hes not some 2nd round sleeper pick like Manu Ginobli, he lacks consistency, IQ, skill, and even if he keeps working
hard the only thing that is gonna get better is his IQ/court vision so at best he'll be a Luke Walton.

You are gonna defend the guy until he become as good as Luke Walton and then laugh in our faces?

"I told you so!"

:nah:

#182 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2012 - 07:16 AM

What is your obsession with defending Morris?

Hes not some 2nd round sleeper pick like Manu Ginobli, he lacks consistency, IQ, skill, and even if he keeps working
hard the only thing that is gonna get better is his IQ/court vision so at best he'll be a Luke Walton.

You are gonna defend the guy until he become as good as Luke Walton and then laugh in our faces?

"I told you so!"

:nah:

I really wish people here wouldn't exaggerate everything all I ever say is that Morris is better than Blake and Duhon and was better than Fisher or Blake last season.... I believe he hasn't adjusted to the NBA style of play and once he does he'll be a serviceable back up... The guy says he wants to be a top PG in the League eventually so he's working hard to stay in the league... My point is that Morris isn't that bad

#183 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 06, 2012 - 08:59 AM

I really wish people here wouldn't exaggerate everything all I ever say is that Morris is better than Blake and Duhon and was better than Fisher or Blake last season.... I believe he hasn't adjusted to the NBA style of play and once he does he'll be a serviceable back up... The guy says he wants to be a top PG in the League eventually so he's working hard to stay in the league... My point is that Morris isn't that bad

If he can't even beat Blake for the backup position.....he is no that great.

#184 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 10:06 AM

If he can't even beat Blake for the backup position.....he is no that great.

This is Mike Brown rotations we are talking about hough the same person who doesn't play our only back up 2.... I wouldn't hold that against him too much

#185 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 06, 2012 - 04:00 PM

My point is that Morris isn't that bad

If Morris was food like a cheese burger you could get away with saying "Morris isn't that bad" because
not everybody has the same taste but we aren't talking food we are talking ball.

Your mind is obviously playing tricks on you, because I'm not seeing it and I'm not the only one.

#186 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 04:15 PM

If Morris was food like a cheese burger you could get away with saying "Morris isn't that bad" because
not everybody has the same taste but we aren't talking food we are talking ball.

Your mind is obviously playing tricks on you, because I'm not seeing it and I'm not the only one.

That's fine he has the height strength and enough ball handling skills to eventually be a good PG it's up to him to actually meet his potential. He's a player who's barely played for the last year. He played the most in the summer league and finally got some minutes in the pistons game which he played well... and he also played well in the Clippers game he has improved his perimeter shooting now he has to work on his decision making and he will be fine

#187 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:15 PM

He has had total 21 NBA games. Let that sink in 21 total NBA games. You do realize university of Michigan was in a serious funk for a long while. Then we got D-Mo and several other players (Hardaway comes to mind) and D-Mo was seriously legit set a new single season assist record for the University and was one of the top assist guys in college period. Last year he Played 19 games averaging 4 minutes had no summer league and no training camp. He has been very afraid to do anything for fear of getting yanked. Go and dig up some footage of U of M games with him running the point do yourself that favor, maybe then you will see why it has been said if he stayed in college and not opted out he would have been a top 10 pick and there is no way in hell the Lakers could have gotten him. Some of your ignorance about the players we have is mind blowing. If all you saw of him was his NBA play I could understand your point but man please do some research so you don't look foolish. In any system where the team isn't slow as hell up the court and he actually has the Coaches blessing to break his man down off the dribble Morris is a beast. His college game has not translated to the NBA simply because he is in a very bad position and knows he cannot afford to flub up. He played decently this last game and no one is saying he should start over Nash or even Blake at this time but look at our tempo when he is on the court with the starters .... we went from averaging 0 fast break points (first two or three games) to 7 when he is on the court. We had as a team 0 fast break points until he actually got PT that is sad as all hell. Sometimes I do wish he would have wound up on another team where he would get some serious burn and learn on the fly. Unfortunately the Lakers is no place for rookies I fear for this team when Kobe finally retires. Our "Loyal Fans" believe we will always have vets and will sustain that way when the youth of the NBA is currently kicking the [expletive] out of the vets. You all better wake up.

Edited by viktorkain, November 06, 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#188 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 06, 2012 - 09:26 PM

This is Mike Brown rotations we are talking about hough the same person who doesn't play our only back up 2.... I wouldn't hold that against him too much

Touche

#189 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 11:36 PM

He has had total 21 NBA games. Let that sink in 21 total NBA games. You do realize university of Michigan was in a serious funk for a long while. Then we got D-Mo and several other players (Hardaway comes to mind) and D-Mo was seriously legit set a new single season assist record for the University and was one of the top assist guys in college period. Last year he Played 19 games averaging 4 minutes had no summer league and no training camp. He has been very afraid to do anything for fear of getting yanked. Go and dig up some footage of U of M games with him running the point do yourself that favor, maybe then you will see why it has been said if he stayed in college and not opted out he would have been a top 10 pick and there is no way in hell the Lakers could have gotten him. Some of your ignorance about the players we have is mind blowing. If all you saw of him was his NBA play I could understand your point but man please do some research so you don't look foolish. In any system where the team isn't slow as hell up the court and he actually has the Coaches blessing to break his man down off the dribble Morris is a beast. His college game has not translated to the NBA simply because he is in a very bad position and knows he cannot afford to flub up. He played decently this last game and no one is saying he should start over Nash or even Blake at this time but look at our tempo when he is on the court with the starters .... we went from averaging 0 fast break points (first two or three games) to 7 when he is on the court. We had as a team 0 fast break points until he actually got PT that is sad as all hell. Sometimes I do wish he would have wound up on another team where he would get some serious burn and learn on the fly. Unfortunately the Lakers is no place for rookies I fear for this team when Kobe finally retires. Our "Loyal Fans" believe we will always have vets and will sustain that way when the youth of the NBA is currently kicking the [expletive] out of the vets. You all better wake up.

Everybody has an opinion but doesn't know anything *waits for someone to say that's college and not the pros so it doesn't count*

#190 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:08 AM

Last news I'm reading is that he is going to miss a month...

I told you all before any updates came in he was gonna be out 4-6 weeks IMO. It didnt look like fracture to leg it looked like MCL tweak
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#191 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,273 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 08, 2012 - 02:35 PM

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
No real update on @SteveNash (non-displaced leg fracture). He's doing individual, non-contact work outs, but nothing with the team

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#192 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 09:51 PM

Morris with 10 points 5 rebounds 5 assists and only 1 turnover lol in 25 minutes..... He should be back up PG for Steve Nash and Kobe just gave him a shout out lol

#193 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 09:53 PM

Your arguments are so flawed it is depressing.

Blake played 40 mins with 3 TOs

Morris played 12 mins with 2 TOs. So if Morris played 40mins like Blaked...he would have 6 to 7 TOs. That is terrible.

Don't ever compare Morris to Kobe in any way again.

Well he played 25 minutes tonight the most he has played all year and only had 1 turnover

#194 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted November 09, 2012 - 09:58 PM

One game against one of the most defensively challenged teams in the entire league doesn't mean anything. Let's see if he can keep it up. Consistency is key.

#195 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted November 09, 2012 - 10:08 PM

One game against one of the most defensively challenged teams in the entire league doesn't mean anything. Let's see if he can keep it up. Consistency is key.

This. Doesn't mean anything if can't put together this production against playoff teams.

#196 Vipe3773

Vipe3773

Laker Addict

• 1,601 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#24

Posted November 09, 2012 - 10:28 PM

Tomorrow will be 1 week from steve nash news of him being hurt
Posted Image

#197 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 10:52 PM

I guess he'll join us in the middle of stretch where we have 12 road games out of 18 after this homestand
https://twitter.com/...157263473586177

Steve Nash (leg) was examined by Lakers team doctor Steve Lombardo today and will be out at least one more week.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#198 Vipe3773

Vipe3773

Laker Addict

• 1,601 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#24

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:34 PM

Aw dang
Posted Image

#199 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:34 PM

https://twitter.com/...437834111782912

Steve Nash said it could another week or two before he's back on the court

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#200 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:35 PM

https://twitter.com/...437834111782912

I sure hope not. He is supposed to be re-evaluated on Saturday so hopefully something changes.

PS. I love your sig. :laughing:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users