#61 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 04, 2012 - 08:25 AM

The overreaction from this 0-3 start is quite comical. It's hilarious how people confidently forgot that the Miami Heat got off to a similar slow start a couple of years ago when they formed their super team in 2010. They went 9-8 in their first 17 games and they were two games away from winning an NBA championship that season. It's November for God's sake. Championships aren't won in November last time I checked.

Basketball moreso than any other sport requires chemistry. The Lakers just don't have that right now and how could they? This team has played just three games together. Nash is out right now and will be for a week so obviously that won't help things, but he just needs to get healthy, get back, and build some cohesion with his new teammates. Dwight is clearly a step slow defensively and that's not surprising because he's coming off back surgery. It'll take him awhile to get back to his normal dominant self. He's the main reason the defense has been horrendous. Dwight usually is right there on his defensive rotations to defend the rim. That's not the case right now due to him not being even close to 100 percent. Once he gets healthy the team defense will improve immensely.

People whine about the bench sucking well again it's been a measley three games. Jamison needs to be more aggressive. In three games he's only shot the basketball a combined 8 times. We signed him to provide us with a legit scoring threat off the bench and he needs to do that. He's a scorer and what do scorers do? They score the basketball and that's what he needs to do or else he's pretty much useless out there because he can't defend at all. Once Jamison gets it going the rest of the guys on the bench will follow. I would like to see management try to sign Delonte West because he should clear waivers. He would be a huge, huge upgrade over some of the backup scrub guards. Meeks should be getting consistent minutes. Have no idea why he isn't playing. Brown has sat him the last two games why he's done that is beyond me.

Kobe is a guy who has really played and looked great so far. He's averaging nearly 31 points a game on over 60 percent from the field. Just terrific efficiency from him and that was his issue last year. He has been extremely efficient so far this season. Overall again I stress patience with this team. The Lakers need time to develop championship chemistry and once that happens and it will happen they will be one of the best teams in basketball.

When you have as much talent as the Lakers do...you shouldn't be statistically one of the worst teams in the league, don't care if its 3 games..shouldn't happen.

How are the lakers suppose to build chemistry when there are no set rotations and players don't know their roles and don't know how many minutes they will play. We need set rotations but Brown is too dumb to realize that.

Our bench sucks because our coaching staff doesn't know how utilize them. A lot of these problems are the same one's from last year.

#62 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 04, 2012 - 08:33 AM

When you have as much talent as the Lakers do...you shouldn't be statistically one of the worst teams in the league, don't care if its 3 games..shouldn't happen.

How are the lakers suppose to build chemistry when there are no set rotations and players don't know their roles and don't know how many minutes they will play. We need set rotations but Brown is too dumb to realize that.

Our bench sucks because our coaching staff doesn't know how utilize them. A lot of these problems are the same one's from last year.

The only way the Lakers are gonna build chemistry together is to be playing with each other for an extended period of time. I don't think we necessarily need set rotations. Brown should play whoever is playing well. Look at Miami last season. Spoelstra who also received alot of criticism didn't really have a set rotation until the playoffs. Phil also didn't ever really have a set rotation this early in the season.
htCCl0m.png

#63 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 04, 2012 - 08:57 AM

The lakers have played so bad because most of the preseason our starters didn't get to play with each other.... The first game they really played all together was the kings and the Mavs game it's going to take more than 2 games to get everything to click

#64 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,039 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 04, 2012 - 09:10 AM

The only way the Lakers are gonna build chemistry together is to be playing with each other for an extended period of time. I don't think we necessarily need set rotations. Brown should play whoever is playing well. Look at Miami last season. Spoelstra who also received alot of criticism didn't really have a set rotation until the playoffs. Phil also didn't ever really have a set rotation this early in the season.

Miami was never awful on both sides of the ball like the Lakers have been. Before you say they scored 100 points against Portland, that game was well in hand before the 4th quarter and Portland let down on D. The Lakers had 24 turnovers in that game.

Posted Image

#65 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 01:14 PM

Unlike brown, Phil actually knew how to handle talent.

So how are they suppose to build chemistry together if there is not a set rotation. Brown didn't have a set rotation last year till the playoffs.

#66 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,742 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 04, 2012 - 02:19 PM

Posted Image

33bkfif.jpg

#67 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,349 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 05, 2012 - 05:42 AM

u don't have to belabor the point 805. I agreed with you after the first paragraph. Time and health will ensure our success. Let the panic freaks do what they do; PANIC!!

#68 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,106 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 05, 2012 - 06:13 AM

Unlike brown, Phil actually knew how to handle talent.

So how are they suppose to build chemistry together if there is not a set rotation. Brown didn't have a set rotation last year till the playoffs.

PJ ran the starters ragged & barely played the bench what are u talking about PJ knew how to handle talent on the roster. HE knew how to handle the starters but he didnt know what to do wit bench much like Brown. No regular reliable rotations.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#69 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,004 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted November 05, 2012 - 09:12 AM

PJ never had a bench

Pau Gasol is GONE

#70 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 05, 2012 - 09:30 AM

PJ ran the starters ragged & barely played the bench what are u talking about PJ knew how to handle talent on the roster. HE knew how to handle the starters but he didnt know what to do wit bench much like Brown. No regular reliable rotations.

Isaih rider robert horry brian shaw glen rice ac green john salley lamar odom ron harper

bulls had steve kerr toni kukoch rodman horace grant etc.

GTFO you know nothing.

#71 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,106 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 09:49 AM

Isaih rider robert horry brian shaw glen rice ac green john salley lamar odom ron harper

bulls had steve kerr toni kukoch rodman horace grant etc.

GTFO you know nothing.

Make your mind up you talking 2 seasons ago roster when PJ was head coach compared to last season & this season with Brown. Stay on topic & keep sheet in perspective. I know way more than you! You cant be objective when you know you are wrong!

#72 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 12:27 PM

Make your mind up you talking 2 seasons ago roster when PJ was head coach compared to last season & this season with Brown. Stay on topic & keep sheet in perspective. I know way more than you! You cant be objective when you know you are wrong!

Since when is it limited to 2 season....no one said anything about that.

You just got owned.....keep it down

#73 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,106 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 12:49 PM

Since when is it limited to 2 season....no one said anything about that.

You just got owned.....keep it down

How did I get owned? maybe in ur reality lame!

The point is neither POJ nor Brown understood how to use the talent on their bench. they both ran the starters far too many mins & left them with dead legs the last 2 seasons str8 when LA was not winning Titles. B4 that LA won 2 back to back & way back when the other guy who I responded to listed his bench players LA was winning TItles then or on the verge of closing the deal. Like I said keep things into persepective for what the topic is about. If we want to fault Brown for last yr & this year & bring up PJ at least be objective enough to tell the truth that PJ did the same damn thing even when we won back to back!

#74 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 01:37 PM

How did I get owned? maybe in ur reality lame!

The point is neither POJ nor Brown understood how to use the talent on their bench. they both ran the starters far too many mins & left them with dead legs the last 2 seasons str8 when LA was not winning Titles. B4 that LA won 2 back to back & way back when the other guy who I responded to listed his bench players LA was winning TItles then or on the verge of closing the deal. Like I said keep things into persepective for what the topic is about. If we want to fault Brown for last yr & this year & bring up PJ at least be objective enough to tell the truth that PJ did the same damn thing even when we won back to back!

I couldn't understand what you typed. Half of it was numbers. So ill keep my reply short....PJ knew how to use his bench much better than brown.

Edited by LakeShow805, November 05, 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#75 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,106 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 07:50 AM

PJ ran kobe & Pau into injuries his last seasons with LA & didnt use the bench. he hated young guys & didnt give the serviceable bench players enough quality mins alongside the starters.

#76 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,004 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 08:16 AM

Luke Walton? Trash

Sasha Vujacic? Trash

Jordan Farmar? Trash

PJ didn't have a bench

Pau Gasol is GONE

#77 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,106 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 09:14 AM

Luke Walton? Trash

Sasha Vujacic? Trash

Jordan Farmar? Trash

PJ didn't have a bench

Walton = Trash

Serviceable decent talent on roster wit PJ: players which he slowed down their development & value to the team. say what you want but you have to use the talent you have on roster to save your starters from being broken down & injured come playoff time. all coaches must use their bench. why does it always seem like bums & or no namers make their breakout gms vs Lakers? Cause their coach gave them an opportunity to play meaningful productive mins. Just play the talent is my point alongisde some of the starters to get quality production that benefits the team in getting a W. To say PJ did his lineup rotations any better is just not the case. Both him & Brown give their starters far too much slack to figure things out when they were playing terrible.

Sasha
Farmar
Shannon
MBenga
Powell
Sun Yue
Evans
Turiaf

• 40,365 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:10 PM

How are you feeling OP? Still feeling pretty optimistic at the moment? I already tried to calm down, relax, and take a deep breath, but that still doesn't change that we're off to the worst start in franchise history since the 93-94 season.

yo.

#79 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,004 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 07:28 AM

Walton = Trash

Serviceable decent talent on roster wit PJ: players which he slowed down their development & value to the team. say what you want but you have to use the talent you have on roster to save your starters from being broken down & injured come playoff time. all coaches must use their bench. why does it always seem like bums & or no namers make their breakout gms vs Lakers? Cause their coach gave them an opportunity to play meaningful productive mins. Just play the talent is my point alongisde some of the starters to get quality production that benefits the team in getting a W. To say PJ did his lineup rotations any better is just not the case. Both him & Brown give their starters far too much slack to figure things out when they were playing terrible.

Sasha
Farmar
Shannon
MBenga
Powell
Sun Yue
Evans
Turiaf

That's quite a pathetic list of players

PJ didn't slow down their development...how are they doing now? they suck. Some of them saw the court too much and some of them didn't see the court all that much because they sucked

players had breakout games against us because our bench sucked....those guys sucked man...they really really really sucked. We're talking about a guy in Puke Walton (who some LA fans were goo goo ga ga over) who would brick wide open shots on a consistent basis, was as slow as a sloth, and the most overrated thing about him was his passing skills...yeh, he'd pass the ball to the other team

Farmar had no sense of control...he's just dumb. Dude was the Jewish version of shannon brown

I had hope for shannon...he was ok but dumb

mo evans? ah man that dude was a wannabe star but he sucked

Edited by Windu, November 08, 2012 - 07:29 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users