Photo

Calm Down, Relax, & Take A Deep Breath

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 211275

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 09:37 AM

Yeah because we lost to a very good Clippers team without Steve Nash.

Both Paul and Blake had off nights and they still won rather easily. This Laker team is just pathetic. All Star team my ass Watch highlights of other teams games. They look crisp, sharp and playing with some passion. Lakers look like a lost and confused team that cant play D or run an offensive set to save their lives. Garbage

Edited by 211275, November 03, 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#42 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2012 - 10:47 AM

The Lakers need to change their starting lineup and redistribute the minutes to better take advantage of their strengths. They also need to lighten the minutes burden on the Kobe, Pau and Dwight.

Send Pau and MWP to the second unit and start Meeks/Ebanks and Hill. Start Meeks if you want Kobe at the three (situational) or Ebanks if you want to keep Kobe at the 2. That will put better shooting and better rebounding on the floor...at the cost of Pau's passing and facilitation and MWP's defense.
Posted Image

#43 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 03, 2012 - 10:55 AM

The Lakers need to change their starting lineup and redistribute the minutes to better take advantage of their strengths. They also need to lighten the minutes burden on the Kobe, Pau and Dwight.

Send Pau and MWP to the second unit and start Meeks/Ebanks and Hill. Start Meeks if you want Kobe at the three (situational) or Ebanks if you want to keep Kobe at the 2. That will put better shooting and better rebounding on the floor...at the cost of Pau's passing and facilitation and MWP's defense.

I'm kinda confused by your comment. Are you saying the Lakers should bench World Peace and Pau?
htCCl0m.png

• 40,556 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:01 AM

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Ughhh. Sorry, but I'm getting sick of hearing this damn cliche. Y'all need to stop using it so much.

yo.

#45 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:13 AM

I'm kinda confused by your comment. Are you saying the Lakers should bench World Peace and Pau?

Yes. Send them to the second unit...let Pau be the second center....(which he already does anyway), but he's less effective because he' pulling double duty with the starters.

We have big money invested in four players....we should utilize them through the entire game, and not start them all at once. Eventually in the 4th quarter, if the game is close, you can decide if you want to play the big four all together.
Posted Image

#46 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:17 AM

Yes. Send them to the second unit...let Pau be the second center....(which he already does anyway), but he's less effective because he' pulling double duty with the starters.

We have big money invested in four players....we should utilize them through the entire game, and not start them all at once. Eventually in the 4th quarter, if the game is close, you can decide if you want to play the big four all together.

I'm sorry man but thats the worst idea ever. THats why you manage minutes correctly. Not straight up bench your best, marquee, HOF players
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#47 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:26 AM

Rome wasnt built in a day, however Nash and Kobe ain't got [expletive]ing time for them to finish building it lmfao!!! :D

#48 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:36 AM

I'm sorry man but thats the worst idea ever. THats why you manage minutes correctly. Not straight up bench your best, marquee, HOF players

If playing all the starters together only nets you 23 pts in the first quarter (while giving up 28)....why not spread the wealth to other units?

Have you noticed that at the end of each third quarter of the last three games, Brown subs out all the starters and the other team goes in a crazy run which turns the close game into a blowout?
Posted Image

#49 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:39 AM

It is the same principle that Phil used on Lamar, sending him to the bench...and it worked really well.

And its' the same idea that Pop uses with Ginobili.
Posted Image

• 40,556 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:49 AM

Rome wasnt built in a day

:wall:

yo.

#51 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:52 AM

The Lakers aren't going to start Hill over Gasol. They can redistribute minutes differently though.

I've thought for awhile now that the Lakers should have 2 different 2nd units instead of almost everybody being rested at once. It lessens the time the starters play all together, but it needs to be done.

Howard
Jamison
World Peace
Meeks
Nash

Gasol
Hill
Ebanks
Bryant
Blake

Posted Image

#52 xinxin87

xinxin87

Rookie

• 44 posts
  • Name:Mannix
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:11 PM

Ive been following the lakers since 1979 & if you count lastl season & the pre season games, the lakers are on a 14 game losing streak. Thats possibly the longest in franchise history. 2005 was bad but that team featured an injured Kobe & nobody else. This team is star studded. & this losing streak has to stop. This team has no excuse for whats happening. Thats a culture that you do not want to cultivate. The lakers have always been about winning. Mike brown taking games too lightly even in the preseason has set a very dangerous tone. i say, he should go.

Edited by xinxin87, November 03, 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#53 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,290 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 03, 2012 - 12:29 PM

The Lakers aren't going to start Hill over Gasol. They can redistribute minutes differently though.

I've thought for awhile now that the Lakers should have 2 different 2nd units instead of almost everybody being rested at once. It lessens the time the starters play all together, but it needs to be done.

Howard
Jamison
World Peace
Meeks
Nash

Gasol
Hill
Ebanks
Bryant
Blake

I really want to see Pau come off the bench if we can make a coaching change. Pau is really killing us on defense. He can have the roll that Odom had.

starters

Howard
Hill/sacre
MWP
Kobe
Nash

#54 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 03, 2012 - 05:00 PM

Everyone needs to relax. If we are still sucking after game 21 then we should worry. We will go 13 and 8 and then play .750 ball for the rest of the season. No worries!!

#55 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 05:02 PM

I really want to see Pau come off the bench if we can make a coaching change. Pau is really killing us on defense. He can have the roll that Odom had.

starters

Howard
Hill/sacre
MWP
Kobe
Nash

And we can play a Triangle and Princeton while we're at it

#56 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 05:07 PM

What's the point of benching Pau when he already plays with the second unit anyway? I seriously don't get that suggestion at all. Pau has been solid offensively, but defensively is a different story. However everyone on the team has played well below average on the defensive side of the basketball. Dwight is clearly not himself defensively. He's been very slow on rotations. It's to be expected though considering he's just coming off back surgery. It'll take him awhile, but eventually Dwight will get back to his normal dominant self on both ends of the floor and then the Lakers will start to play to their potential when that happens.
htCCl0m.png

#57 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 05:10 PM

Ive been following the lakers since 1979 & if you count lastl season & the pre season games, the lakers are on a 14 game losing streak. Thats possibly the longest in franchise history. 2005 was bad but that team featured an injured Kobe & nobody else. This team is start studded. & this losing streak has to stop. Since it has no excuse for whats happening. Thats a culture that you do not want to cultivate. The lakers have always been about winning. Mike brown taking games too lightly even in the preseason has set a very dangerous tone. i say, he should go.

Here Here!!! I agree. I do believe however that we need to get our bench players some confidense and rythm but damn, we look like crap so far. If the team doesn't display confidense in this coahing staff by game 21, we and Brown are in deep trouble.

#58 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 10:04 PM

The overreaction from this 0-3 start is quite comical. It's hilarious how people confidently forgot that the Miami Heat got off to a similar slow start a couple of years ago when they formed their super team in 2010. They went 9-8 in their first 17 games and they were two games away from winning an NBA championship that season. It's November for God's sake. Championships aren't won in November last time I checked.

Basketball moreso than any other sport requires chemistry. The Lakers just don't have that right now and how could they? This team has played just three games together. Nash is out right now and will be for a week so obviously that won't help things, but he just needs to get healthy, get back, and build some cohesion with his new teammates. Dwight is clearly a step slow defensively and that's not surprising because he's coming off back surgery. It'll take him awhile to get back to his normal dominant self. He's the main reason the defense has been horrendous. Dwight usually is right there on his defensive rotations to defend the rim. That's not the case right now due to him not being even close to 100 percent. Once he gets healthy the team defense will improve immensely.

People whine about the bench sucking well again it's been a measley three games. Jamison needs to be more aggressive. In three games he's only shot the basketball a combined 8 times. We signed him to provide us with a legit scoring threat off the bench and he needs to do that. He's a scorer and what do scorers do? They score the basketball and that's what he needs to do or else he's pretty much useless out there because he can't defend at all. Once Jamison gets it going the rest of the guys on the bench will follow. I would like to see management try to sign Delonte West because he should clear waivers. He would be a huge, huge upgrade over some of the backup scrub guards. Meeks should be getting consistent minutes. Have no idea why he isn't playing. Brown has sat him the last two games why he's done that is beyond me.

Kobe is a guy who has really played and looked great so far. He's averaging nearly 31 points a game on over 60 percent from the field. Just terrific efficiency from him and that was his issue last year. He has been extremely efficient so far this season. Overall again I stress patience with this team. The Lakers need time to develop championship chemistry and once that happens and it will happen they will be one of the best teams in basketball.
htCCl0m.png

#59 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 05:00 AM

The overreaction from this 0-3 start is quite comical. It's hilarious how people confidently forgot that the Miami Heat got off to a similar slow start a couple of years ago when they formed their super team in 2010. They went 9-8 in their first 17 games and they were two games away from winning an NBA championship that season. It's November for God's sake. Championships aren't won in November last time I checked.

Basketball moreso than any other sport requires chemistry. The Lakers just don't have that right now and how could they? This team has played just three games together. Nash is out right now and will be for a week so obviously that won't help things, but he just needs to get healthy, get back, and build some cohesion with his new teammates. Dwight is clearly a step slow defensively and that's not surprising because he's coming off back surgery. It'll take him awhile to get back to his normal dominant self. He's the main reason the defense has been horrendous. Dwight usually is right there on his defensive rotations to defend the rim. That's not the case right now due to him not being even close to 100 percent. Once he gets healthy the team defense will improve immensely.

People whine about the bench sucking well again it's been a measley three games. Jamison needs to be more aggressive. In three games he's only shot the basketball a combined 8 times. We signed him to provide us with a legit scoring threat off the bench and he needs to do that. He's a scorer and what do scorers do? They score the basketball and that's what he needs to do or else he's pretty much useless out there because he can't defend at all. Once Jamison gets it going the rest of the guys on the bench will follow. I would like to see management try to sign Delonte West because he should clear waivers. He would be a huge, huge upgrade over some of the backup scrub guards. Meeks should be getting consistent minutes. Have no idea why he isn't playing. Brown has sat him the last two games why he's done that is beyond me.

Kobe is a guy who has really played and looked great so far. He's averaging nearly 31 points a game on over 60 percent from the field. Just terrific efficiency from him and that was his issue last year. He has been extremely efficient so far this season. Overall again I stress patience with this team. The Lakers need time to develop championship chemistry and once that happens and it will happen they will be one of the best teams in basketball.

again, I agree. However I do think we need more athleticism at the Backup PG position, this will help our defense down the road. We all need to face facts. As long as we have over 60 million dollars invested in 3 players of which two are no longer in their prime, a number of bad small contracts and no draft picks, it's going to be tough. Not impossible, just tough.

#60 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 05:12 AM

:wall:

Rome wasn't built in a day but BROOKLYN was!!! :laughing:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users