#1 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 01, 2012 - 12:00 AM

I know everyone is upset with two rather pathetic performances by our Los Angeles Lakers. A few months ago when the Lakers inexplicably landed two superstars in Dwight Howard and Steve Nash respectively everyone thought we would just come out flying out of the gates and just start dominating teams right from the get go. Obviously that hasn't happened at least not yet. I stress patience with this basketball team. Be patient, take a deep breathe, relax and everything eventually will be fine.

One of the most underrated things about basketball and sports in general is chemistry. There's been so many talented teams over the years that have failed to live up to expectations because of a severe lack of chemistry. Our very own Lakers were one of them in 2004. I've always thought that you needed two things to win an NBA championship. Championship caliber talent which the Lakers most certainly have with four future Hall of Famers in the starting unit in Kobe Bryant, the newly acquired Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, and Pau Gasol. The other is as I previously mentioned chemistry. It doesn't happen over night or in two games. It takes time and lots of it. I've always thought it's much better to have your struggles early in the season rather than late. Alot of teams peak too early. A prime example is the San Antonio Spurs the last two seasons. They dominated the league and had the best record in the Western Conference for two years in a row, but they peaked too really and lost in the playoffs both seasons. It's better to get our struggles and get through them now than have to deal with them towards the end of the season.

I think a great example of a newly formed star studded team struggling early on is the Miami Heat. When they first formed alot of people said they would beat the Chicago Bulls regular season win record of 72 games. To say they had super high expectations would we be a huge understatement. They got off to a really rough start. Miami went 9-8 in their first 17 games and alot of people like they're currently doing with Mike Brown were calling for Eric Spoelstra's head. Miami finished the year 48-17 and second overall in the East. They had a phenomal playoff run through the Eastern Conference and made the Finals and were a couple of games from winning the whole thing. It took Miami time, but eventually they developed some chemistry and became the most dominant and exciting team in all of basketball. I expect similar for these Lakers. Eventually all this talent will come together, build some chemistry, and start to dominate teams and play to their talent level.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, November 01, 2012 - 12:12 AM.

htCCl0m.png

#2 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,810 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 01, 2012 - 12:04 AM

Oh thank god. I thought this was another two-liner topic I'd have to lock.

#3 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,360 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted November 01, 2012 - 12:09 AM

Great post

#4 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 12:28 AM

Oh thank god. I thought this was another two-liner topic I'd have to lock.

Lol sorry man I was just trying to be a funny guy. Won't happen again. This place actually isn't as bad when it comes to overreacting as CL or LG.
htCCl0m.png

#5 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 01, 2012 - 12:56 AM

our struggles are due to chemistry,partly. look, if dwight was 100% we'd be able to run the O through him more, wed be able to run pick n roll with him more(more lob opportunities with 100%dwight) and hed be dominating the boards, we're allowing wayyy to many 2nd chances.. the rest of our problems is because of our 2nd unit, our wings either need to retire,retire from their certain postions,or arent paired with the right personnel. Blake and Meeks need wings who can create for them, in order to be productive, and Jamison needs to play the 4 to be productive. i just pray we get delonte west, i dont believe in God, but i will pray to him that we get Delonte. also, im taking all bets that we wont win it all this year(health stipulation,tho)

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, November 01, 2012 - 12:56 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,159 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 01, 2012 - 01:04 AM

our struggles are due to chemistry,partly. look, if dwight was 100% we'd be able to run the O through him more, wed be able to run pick n roll with him more(more lob opportunities with 100%dwight) and hed be dominating the boards, we're allowing wayyy to many 2nd chances.. the rest of our problems is because of our 2nd unit, our wings either need to retire,retire from their certain postions,or arent paired with the right personnel. Blake and Meeks need wings who can create for them, in order to be productive, and Jamison needs to play the 4 to be productive. i just pray we get delonte west, i dont believe in God, but i will pray to him that we get Delonte. also, im taking all bets that we wont win it all this year(health stipulation,tho)

Him being 100%'s ultimate benefit is on the defensive end more so than the offensive one. His timing and stamina on the defensive end is what made him so great at it. While that's lacking we struggle with our interior D. Once Howard is back to form, our interior D problems go away for the post part, that's the bigger payoff for us in the long run.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#7 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 01, 2012 - 01:07 AM

Him being 100%'s ultimate benefit is on the defensive end more so than the offensive one. His timing and stamina on the defensive end is what made him so great at it. While that's lacking we struggle with our interior D. Once Howard is back to form, our interior D problems go away for the post part, that's the bigger payoff for us in the long run.

but our offensive chemistry wont be there until hes 100%....and our rebounding will be mediocre,last year-ish. i agree tho, in that, we got him for D and rebounding

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, November 01, 2012 - 01:08 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#8 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 02:27 AM

Miami's problem was simple. They had 2 of the same guys that demanded the ball. So they fixed it with giving them different roles. We have 4 All Stars that clash with each other. Nash has run high tempo offense all his playing life. Kobe (and Pau) like to play in passing games. Dwight, well he's always been the top dog that got fed. How do you make them coexist? Certianly not with Princeton. As it takes Nash's talents out of the window. Turning him into a spot up shooter is a mistake. That is why the offense needs to change. And Mike Brown won't do that for at least 5 games unless Kobe & co. demand it NOW. The rotations are all messed up. What is Pau doing playing with 4 2nd unit players? That's just dumb. If he really wants to implement different things, Kobe and Pau should play together. And Nash and Howard as another group. If he works his brain, he could very well come up with a rotation like that. I mean..

Nash - Meeks - Jamison - Hill - Howard

Blake - Kobe - Ron - Hill/Jamison - Pau

Is it that hard ?

#9 j0k3r

j0k3r

Rookie

• 296 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Shaq, KOBE

Posted November 01, 2012 - 02:44 AM

great post man... but Ivanfield said..its the coaching also..i like how the guard (usually kobe) been getting layups by getting passed by dwight..and our bigs are passing to the other big well..i HATE it how steve nash is just a shooter in the offense..that minimizes his effect on the lakers..but hopefully we form chemistry and start clicking to win some games!
Side note: we were still pretty close tonight towards the end..even with the 25 TOs and bad defense..lol

#10 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,159 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 01, 2012 - 02:59 AM

great post man... but Ivanfield said..its the coaching also..i like how the guard (usually kobe) been getting layups by getting passed by dwight..and our bigs are passing to the other big well..i HATE it how steve nash is just a shooter in the offense..that minimizes his effect on the lakers..but hopefully we form chemistry and start clicking to win some games!
Side note: we were still pretty close tonight towards the end..even with the 25 TOs and bad defense..lol

nash actually was pushing the ball more this game and did more drive and dishes and seemed to be aggressive.

Like it's been said, Nash is intentionally not running PnR that much cause he wants to master the Princeton first so he can switch in and out seamlessly late in the year. TONIGHT we saw a nice balance with what Nash was trying to do and it was working. Nash would have had 8 or 9 assists tonight if he didn't go down with that injury. He was also more aggressive with his shot which I like.

I think Nash will come around and I'm not worried about him.

And on the side note: Yeah.

if we want to be honest our PROBLEMS started when Kobe/Blake had to rest in the 3rd.

We'd cut the lead down. The moment we had to sub them out(and put in Duhon and Meeks in their place) the Blazers went on a 13-0 run.... that was sad to watch.

Wanna know the worst part?

When we cut the lead down someone in the game thread said "good, now don't let them go on a 10-0 run." :blink: Duhon came in and I went...oh crap... <_<

Edited by Majesty, November 01, 2012 - 03:02 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#11 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 03:20 AM

1st Quarter:

Nash - Kobe - Ron - Pau - Howard (7 minutes)
Nash - Meeks - Jamison - Hill - Howard (3 minutes)
Blake - Meeks - Jamison - Hill - Howard (2 minutes)

2nd Quarter:

Blake - Kobe - Ron - Hill - Pau (4 minutes)
Nash - Kobe - Ron - Pau - Howard (4 minutes)
Nash - Meeks - Ron - Jamison - Howard (2 minutes)
Blake - Meeks - Jamison - Hill - Howard (2 minutes)

3rd Quarter:

Nash - Kobe - Ron - Pau - Howard (5 minutes)
Nash - Meeks - Jamison - Hill - Howard (3 minutes)
Blake - Kobe - Ron - Jamison - Pau (4 minutes)

4th Quarter
:

Nash - Meeks - Ron - Jamison - Howard (3 minutes)
Blake - Kobe - Ron - Hill - Pau (4 minutes)
Nash - Kobe - Jamison - Pau - Howard (5 minutes)

Howard : 36 minutes
Kobe : 33 minutes
Pau : 33 minutes
Ron : 33 minutes
Nash : 32 minutes
----------------------------------
Jamison : 24 minutes
Hill : 18 minutes
Blake : 16 minutes
Meeks : 15 minutes

#12 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:35 AM

How bad is Nash injury?

#13 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:49 AM

I know everyone is upset with two rather pathetic performances by our Los Angeles Lakers. A few months ago when the Lakers inexplicably landed two superstars in Dwight Howard and Steve Nash respectively everyone thought we would just come out flying out of the gates and just start dominating teams right from the get go. Obviously that hasn't happened at least not yet. I stress patience with this basketball team. Be patient, take a deep breathe, relax and everything eventually will be fine.

One of the most underrated things about basketball and sports in general is chemistry. There's been so many talented teams over the years that have failed to live up to expectations because of a severe lack of chemistry. Our very own Lakers were one of them in 2004. I've always thought that you needed two things to win an NBA championship. Championship caliber talent which the Lakers most certainly have with four future Hall of Famers in the starting unit in Kobe Bryant, the newly acquired Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, and Pau Gasol. The other is as I previously mentioned chemistry. It doesn't happen over night or in two games. It takes time and lots of it. I've always thought it's much better to have your struggles early in the season rather than late. Alot of teams peak too early. A prime example is the San Antonio Spurs the last two seasons. They dominated the league and had the best record in the Western Conference for two years in a row, but they peaked too really and lost in the playoffs both seasons. It's better to get our struggles and get through them now than have to deal with them towards the end of the season.

I think a great example of a newly formed star studded team struggling early on is the Miami Heat. When they first formed alot of people said they would beat the Chicago Bulls regular season win record of 72 games. To say they had super high expectations would we be a huge understatement. They got off to a really rough start. Miami went 9-8 in their first 17 games and alot of people like they're currently doing with Mike Brown were calling for Eric Spoelstra's head. Miami finished the year 48-17 and second overall in the East. They had a phenomal playoff run through the Eastern Conference and made the Finals and were a couple of games from winning the whole thing. It took Miami time, but eventually they developed some chemistry and became the most dominant and exciting team in all of basketball. I expect similar for these Lakers. Eventually all this talent will come together, build some chemistry, and start to dominate teams and play to their talent level.

Will you say your cowboys will be ok too?

#14 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,131 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:54 AM

How bad is Nash injury?

Bruise Shin, he said he hopes to play tomorrow

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#15 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 10:00 AM

Will you say your cowboys will be ok too?

No. :laughing:

That loss to the Giants was an absolute killer. :cry:

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, November 01, 2012 - 10:04 AM.

htCCl0m.png

#16 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 10:04 AM

No. :laughing:

That loss to the Giants was an absolute killer. :cry:

Then stop saying the Lakers will be fine.. they are not with the offense they are running. players seem confuse out their

#17 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 10:06 AM

Then stop saying the Lakers will be fine.. they are not with the offense they are running. players seem confuse out their

Are you serious? First of all football and basketball are completely different sports and while both my teams are very talented the difference is one isn't mentally incompetent and actually has a closer that can finish games consistently. That would be the Lakers. It'll take some time, but eventually these guys are gonna get it going and be a tough team to beat.
htCCl0m.png

#18 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 10:13 AM

Are you serious? First of all football and basketball are completely different sports and while both my teams are very talented the difference is one isn't mentally incompetent and actually has a closer that can finish games consistently. That would be the Lakers. It'll take some time, but eventually these guys are gonna get it going and be a tough team to beat.

Dead seriouse. This team will be succesfull with a different coach and system. So as long as thiis team is being coach by brown, dont expect much.

#19 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 10:16 AM

Dead seriouse. This team will be succesfull with a different coach and system. So as long as thiis team is being coach by brown, dont expect much.

Yeah it's not like Mike Brown coached a mediocre team to the Finals in 2007 or to the best record in basketball two seasons in a row in 2009 and 2010.
htCCl0m.png

#20 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,131 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 01, 2012 - 10:18 AM

Yeah it's not like Mike Brown coached a mediocre team to the Finals in 2007 or to the best record in basketball two seasons in a row in 2009 and 2010.

To be fair, that was ALL LeBron

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users