#1081 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:39 PM

Imagine all of you seated behind the Lakers bench. That would be epic.

#1082 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,737 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:40 PM

* Played better than yesterday; better execution , more aggressiveness.

* Offensively, even though its a slight improvement, but if it means something it means they are starting to understand ( it takes more games to see better results (less turnovers) )

* kobe had couple of easy shots and had to force the rest.

* Dwight's FT is great ! comparing to yesterday's 3/14, he was the reason we hanged in the game( as the commentator mentioned)

* MWP has to know his role. His turnovers cost us the game, not to forget Howard's meaningless fouls.

I still think the team will struggle, at least till for 6 games..

Both Players, coaching staff and fans SHOULD believe in the system , in the offense , in each other, it cant get worse than it has.

I think we'll play better ball on friday but still will lose.

#1083 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:43 PM

Imagine all of you seated behind the Lakers bench. That would be epic.

im laughing imagining that

• 40,373 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:51 PM

someones mad

That's his favorite team.

yo.

#1085 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,759 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 01, 2012 - 12:15 AM

You guys ARE aware if they ever fired Mike Brown that Mitch wouldn't spend money to hire Jerry Sloan.

If he fired Mike Brown our coach would be Eddie Jordan.

And im waiting to see L.A.K.E.R.'s team evaluation.

Dwight and Kobe were excellent tonight, no complaints here from their performances. Pau looked solid offensively but was dreadful on the other end of the floor. LaMarcus Aldridge just tore him apart every time they were matched up.

MWP was just terrible tonight. Every moment he handles the ball has the potential to result in a turnover or a very bad shot. I can't remember who his primary man was between Nicolas Batum and Wesley Matthews, but whoever it was, he did a terrible job defensively. Both of those guys went off for 21+ tonight. Kobe's lack of defensive ability can be forgiven because of his production on the other end, but MWP? This is where he's supposed to earn his money. So much for gunning for DPOY.

The bench looked like a rehash of last season. Lack of production, lack of defensive ability, and just a generally bad showing on both ends of the floor. Doesn't help that Brown took this opportunity to continue experimenting with his zany lineups (Meeks didn't even suit up in the 1st half). Bound to be a trend until Spring, just like last season. Steve Blake wasn't as big of a negative like most nights, so that's good news. Still terrible defensively and hesitant offensively, but he actually made the majority of his open looks tonight instead of flinching and passing off. The only bad thing was that 2 of 3 FGM occurred in garbage time with the game already decided. Seriously don't understand why he was trying to pick up Lillard 75 feet up the floor, it only leads to us further compromising our defensive positioning and opening up the floor for the opposition.

The team as a whole looked terrible defensively and was not much better offensively. Not understanding why people think the offense is working now, we didn't even utilize it through the latter stretches of the game. We went to Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard every time down the floor to generate the majority of our offense. This is exactly what we did last season when we'd feed Bynum in the low block and Kobe at the elbow every other possession. The Princeton didn't do a damn thing for us against Portland, it was nowhere to be seen once we fell behind.

Pity that Nash had already exited the game with his injury. Definitely could have used that opportunity to start running High P&R to take full advantage of the Blazers lack of interior defense. Because, you know, the P&R is only the simplest of basketball plays and yet the toughest to defend if you have a good playmaker and an active big. I wish we had players like that.

#1086 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 01, 2012 - 05:43 AM

The offense isn't the problem. They scored over 100. Which is enough to win any NBA game. Except games where you turn the ball over 25 times and let the opponent score 115. The offense is fine. Watch the damn game.

#1087 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 05:47 AM

With that said. With this much offensive talent and lack of defense. A better strategy would be to try to out score teams rather than play a slow down type offense like the Princeton. Still the offense isn't the issue. It's defense, turnovers and lack of depth. All holdovers from last season.

#1088 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 01, 2012 - 06:27 AM

Terrible defensive effort. This team is still painful to watch. I still remember some posters saying: "it doesn't matter, it's preseason", "we will be fine", "0-8 record means nothing to me"...Where are those guys now?

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#1089 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 01, 2012 - 07:10 AM

Its pre season gawd
Posted Image

#1090 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 07:26 AM

Terrible defensive effort. This team is still painful to watch. I still remember some posters saying: "it doesn't matter, it's preseason", "we will be fine", "0-8 record means nothing to me"...Where are those guys now?

they could go 0-1000 in the preseason and I wouldn't care. It is 2 games into the regular season, I still think "we will be fine", but I do think it will take several months before the team has an identity, just like the Heat 2 years ago. Regardless of talent, you are still playing against professional athletes, the margin of error is very small, and the Lakers as a largely new team that hasn't played together at all are going to experience growing pains. If they make their free throws in game 1 they win easily, if they don't turn the ball over 25 times last night they win easily. I know its easy to do what if scenarios, but making free throws and not getting shot attempts on your possessions are fairly easy to correct.

#1091 mikel24242

mikel24242

Rookie

• 1,390 posts
  • Name:mikel
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:04 AM

any nash updates?
"As far as me hitting a wall, so what if I did? I didn't, but so what if i did." - Kobe
what does it mean if you did?
"It means nothing" -Kobe
because...?....
"Cause, ill run strait through it" -Kobe

#1092 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:13 AM

im laughing imagining that

i think it would get ugly. all the mb stuff said by the sidelines would be kinda funny. maybe mb would hear all the trash talk and his face expression would change from expressionless to something!

Posted Image

#1093 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:47 AM

One of them is right here.

See the difference between me and many of you, is I'm not an emotional wreck game in and game out. Been that way for the last few years. I look at the bigger picture in things. Preseason does not matter, especially since we had one game where the starters played together and that was a Dwight Howard's first game since April. We went 0-8. Wow. Without looking, can someone tell me the preseason records in the years for our last five titles. Exactly my point. Never has there been an NBA champion where they win the title but people say "but they had a bad pre-season, they aren't very good."

Our defense is not very good right now. Our offense is getting better, I liked the tempo last night, did result in turnovers but the faster pace will help this team in the long run opposed to us waiting deep in the shot clock to get shots off.

The problem is that too much many fans want to fire Brown over the offense. Who cares abou the offense? This team will score points, that's not an issue. But if we want to get deep into the playoffs, we need to play defense. Offensive doesn't win titles. So if people want Brown out it should be over the defensive failures but it's still too early to get worked up over that.

We are 0-2. Big deal. We were 0-2 last season, 1-1 a few seasons ago when we won a title. I laugh because I keep seeing on this board to bring back Phil Jackson, the same coach that always said the regular season was too long and stressed constantly it that it's the basketball you are playing in March and April that is important, not October and November.

Are we struggling? Yes. Are we struggling because we are a 'terrible' team? No. I've read through so many posts on here saying this team is terrible, we are the same team as last year just with a higher payroll, etc. Obviously if you are saying that, you have no clue about the game. Simple as that.

The comments on this board define the Lakers fan base. The most arrogant fan base around but when things get tough, it's the most negative. The same fans who are already giving up on the team will be the same fans in a few months saying they always believed in them and all the haters were wrong.

#1094 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 10:17 AM

One of them is right here.

See the difference between me and many of you, is I'm not an emotional wreck game in and game out. Been that way for the last few years. I look at the bigger picture in things. Preseason does not matter, especially since we had one game where the starters played together and that was a Dwight Howard's first game since April. We went 0-8. Wow. Without looking, can someone tell me the preseason records in the years for our last five titles. Exactly my point. Never has there been an NBA champion where they win the title but people say "but they had a bad pre-season, they aren't very good."

Our defense is not very good right now. Our offense is getting better, I liked the tempo last night, did result in turnovers but the faster pace will help this team in the long run opposed to us waiting deep in the shot clock to get shots off.

The problem is that too much many fans want to fire Brown over the offense. Who cares abou the offense? This team will score points, that's not an issue. But if we want to get deep into the playoffs, we need to play defense. Offensive doesn't win titles. So if people want Brown out it should be over the defensive failures but it's still too early to get worked up over that.

We are 0-2. Big deal. We were 0-2 last season, 1-1 a few seasons ago when we won a title. I laugh because I keep seeing on this board to bring back Phil Jackson, the same coach that always said the regular season was too long and stressed constantly it that it's the basketball you are playing in March and April that is important, not October and November.

Are we struggling? Yes. Are we struggling because we are a 'terrible' team? No. I've read through so many posts on here saying this team is terrible, we are the same team as last year just with a higher payroll, etc. Obviously if you are saying that, you have no clue about the game. Simple as that.

The comments on this board define the Lakers fan base. The most arrogant fan base around but when things get tough, it's the most negative. The same fans who are already giving up on the team will be the same fans in a few months saying they always believed in them and all the haters were wrong.

Don't be logical and calm, panic instead
Posted Image

#1095 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 01, 2012 - 12:09 PM

Dwight and Kobe were excellent tonight, no complaints here from their performances. Pau looked solid offensively but was dreadful on the other end of the floor. LaMarcus Aldridge just tore him apart every time they were matched up.

MWP was just terrible tonight. Every moment he handles the ball has the potential to result in a turnover or a very bad shot. I can't remember who his primary man was between Nicolas Batum and Wesley Matthews, but whoever it was, he did a terrible job defensively. Both of those guys went off for 21+ tonight. Kobe's lack of defensive ability can be forgiven because of his production on the other end, but MWP? This is where he's supposed to earn his money. So much for gunning for DPOY.

The bench looked like a rehash of last season. Lack of production, lack of defensive ability, and just a generally bad showing on both ends of the floor. Doesn't help that Brown took this opportunity to continue experimenting with his zany lineups (Meeks didn't even suit up in the 1st half). Bound to be a trend until Spring, just like last season. Steve Blake wasn't as big of a negative like most nights, so that's good news. Still terrible defensively and hesitant offensively, but he actually made the majority of his open looks tonight instead of flinching and passing off. The only bad thing was that 2 of 3 FGM occurred in garbage time with the game already decided. Seriously don't understand why he was trying to pick up Lillard 75 feet up the floor, it only leads to us further compromising our defensive positioning and opening up the floor for the opposition.

The team as a whole looked terrible defensively and was not much better offensively. Not understanding why people think the offense is working now, we didn't even utilize it through the latter stretches of the game. We went to Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard every time down the floor to generate the majority of our offense. This is exactly what we did last season when we'd feed Bynum in the low block and Kobe at the elbow every other possession. The Princeton didn't do a damn thing for us against Portland, it was nowhere to be seen once we fell behind.

Pity that Nash had already exited the game with his injury. Definitely could have used that opportunity to start running High P&R to take full advantage of the Blazers lack of interior defense. Because, you know, the P&R is only the simplest of basketball plays and yet the toughest to defend if you have a good playmaker and an active big. I wish we had players like that.

I agree with most of what you said, but offense wasn't the issue in this game. We scored 106 points. Even with Nash out we still didn't really have a problem scoring the basketball. The problem is defensively there is no resistance right now. Same issue as last season really. Perimeter defense is terrible which makes Dwight have to come out to bail them out which leads to open layups and dribble penetration which leads to wide open shots. World Peace and Kobe seem to only bring it defensively when they're going up against an elite offensive player. That can't happen. You gotta be consistent night in and night out. They both need to play alot better defensively because we know our point guard whether it's Nash, Blake, or Duhon is gonna struggle to contain their man. Dwight's biggest strength defensively is being that big man in the middle and blocking shots. He can't do that if the perimeter guys keep getting blown by and he has to come out of the paint to help.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, November 01, 2012 - 12:10 PM.

htCCl0m.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users