#42 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 31, 2012 - 01:28 PM

Sloan is senile & was forced out of an organziation that he used to run the show at. That should be enough indicators to tell you he cant coach in this league anymore.

Not even close. He was forced out by management because they sided with Deron Williams. Sloan was clashing with Deron Williams all of that season and it eventually came to a head where Sloan resigned once he saw whose side management was on. Ended up biting management in the ass since Williams was dead set on leaving Utah. Sloan had signed a one year extension to coach the Jazz the week prior to his abrupt retirement. Why would the Jazz have given him that extension if he were incapable as a head coach?

#43 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 01, 2012 - 06:23 AM

Not even close. He was forced out by management because they sided with Deron Williams. Sloan was clashing with Deron Williams all of that season and it eventually came to a head where Sloan resigned once he saw whose side management was on. Ended up biting management in the ass since Williams was dead set on leaving Utah. Sloan had signed a one year extension to coach the Jazz the week prior to his abrupt retirement. Why would the Jazz have given him that extension if he were incapable as a head coach?

Odd how DWill got forced out as well. You would think they would have found a way to side with him & keep him around if things were all good! He hadnt lost the players & his noodle the week prior. WE dont need old lazy farts coaching. Its time for younger generation of coaches. Enough with the guys 70+ yrs old
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#44 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,011 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 20, 2013 - 03:37 PM

Strange to look back and see talk of laker fans wanting/hating dantonie, before dantonie was the lakers coach

#45 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:23 PM

Strange to look back and see talk of laker fans wanting/hating dantonie, before dantonie was the lakers coach

True.

Personally i was for the hire. I thought it would take the pressure off Kobe, maximize the ability of Nash and i thought Dwight and Metta would be able to cover up the defensive limitations in the system. I was wrong.
D'Antoni is no better than Mike Brown. He is just the offensive and short-practice version. He is just as incabable of managing egos as Brown and he also has the ability to totally kill players he doesn't think "fit the system".

#46 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,978 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 09:54 PM

RT @forumbluegold: Comment @ FB&G: Lakers were 5-7 in playoffs last year. 0-8 in preseason. 17-23 this year. Have won 22 of last 60 games. Problems beyond MDA.

#47 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 20, 2013 - 10:10 PM

The biggest failure with D'Antoni has been his offensive "system" and him not bringing in a defensive coordinator. That was the only thing that made me fine with the hiring; the assumption that a coordinator would be brought in. He didn't bring anyone with him, made no effort to instill any basic scheme, and we see the result with teams getting anything they want. On offense he's given the reins to an old Steve Nash who he seems to think is the same guy from their time in Phoenix.

Horrible system that reverts to Kobe Iso when nothing works, no legitimate defensive scheme, and wacky rotations. What was the point of getting rid of Brown?

#48 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 3,765 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted January 21, 2013 - 12:03 AM

The biggest failure with D'Antoni has been his offensive "system" and him not bringing in a defensive coordinator. That was the only thing that made me fine with the hiring; the assumption that a coordinator would be brought in. He didn't bring anyone with him, made no effort to instill any basic scheme, and we see the result with teams getting anything they want. On offense he's given the reins to an old Steve Nash who he seems to think is the same guy from their time in Phoenix.

Horrible system that reverts to Kobe Iso when nothing works, no legitimate defensive scheme, and wacky rotations. What was the point of getting rid of Brown?

This. D'Antoni needs to utilize Nash's talents as a shooter and focus more on Kobe/Dwight creating on the offensive end. PnRs with Nash are fine but if that's all they have to rely on the result is those ugly traps we saw against the Heat.

#49 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,011 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 01:59 AM

good recap of whats going on...

I think the lakers management did not want to let dantonie have his own staff for salary reasons... they are paying a lot of money to coaches...

whats crazy here is people talking about dantonie, before the lakers even fired mike brown

#50 bigvee

bigvee

Superstar

• 7,307 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Shaq

Posted January 21, 2013 - 10:01 AM

I wasn't truly happy we got Dantonie, I was happy we got rid of MB. Missing the playoffs better mean that MDA is gone, and we get a defensive coach, Tom Thibadoa type, to make us into a defensive powerhouse. I promise you, we didn't get Dwight to be an offensive super team.

#51 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,978 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:54 AM

I wasn't truly happy we got Dantonie, I was happy we got rid of MB. Missing the playoffs better mean that MDA is gone, and we get a defensive coach, Tom Thibadoa type, to make us into a defensive powerhouse. I promise you, we didn't get Dwight to be an offensive super team.

We fired a defensive minded coach for D'Antoni.

#52 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 21, 2013 - 12:18 PM

Both guys are overrated at what they're known for.

Potato liked to slow the pace down to a grinding halt, so you'd see scores like 89-82 every game. The other team scored less than 100, but it's only because there were a limited amount of possessions in the game. The Lakers still had trouble getting stops when they needed them last season.

Pringles likes to artificially inflate game scores by telling his teams to just run and get as many possessions as they can. They're only scoring a bunch of points because everyone has a green light to jack up shots whenever they feel like it. Problem is, the other team has an even easier time scoring on the other end.

It's all about quality over quantity. If this team had a non-gimmicky offensive system, the pace would be lower (but not as low as it was with Potato), but the offensive efficiency would be better. They'd be demoralizing teams by controlling the pace of the game and punishing them in the half court. The half-court offense as it stands right now, is basically everyone stands around the perimeter while Dwight and Nash pick and roll at the top of the key or Dwight posts up. There's no off ball movement or cutting to the basket or anything.

D'Antoni's offense is predicated on having knockdown shooters at each position so Nash can dribble around in circles until he finds the open man. He has less room to do this when you have Dwight clogging the paint and Pau floating around in no man's land (mid-range area right in front of the 3 point line). It also doesn't seem to help that these guys can't consistently hit WIDE OPEN 3s either.

#53 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,978 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 12:22 PM

Both guys are overrated at what they're known for.

Potato liked to slow the pace down to a grinding halt, so you'd see scores like 89-82 every game. The other team scored less than 100, but it's only because there were a limited amount of possessions in the game. The Lakers still had trouble getting stops when they needed them last season.

Pringles likes to artificially inflate game scores by telling his teams to just run and get as many possessions as they can. They're only scoring a bunch of points because everyone has a green light to jack up shots whenever they feel like it. Problem is, the other team has an even easier time scoring on the other end.

It's all about quality over quantity. If this team had a non-gimmicky offensive system, the pace would be lower (but not as low as it was with Potato), but the offensive efficiency would be better. They'd be demoralizing teams by controlling the pace of the game and punishing them in the half court. The half-court offense as it stands right now, is basically everyone stands around the perimeter while Dwight and Nash pick and roll at the top of the key or Dwight posts up. There's no off ball movement or cutting to the basket or anything.

D'Antoni's offense is predicated on having knockdown shooters at each position so Nash can dribble around in circles until he finds the open man. He has less room to do this when you have Dwight clogging the paint and Pau floating around in no man's land (mid-range area right in front of the 3 point line). It also doesn't seem to help that these guys can't consistently hit WIDE OPEN 3s either.

Personally, I think both Brown and D'Antoni would have benefited in their careers by focusing on their respective crafts while hiring a high quality offensive/defensive coach to focus on those ends of the floor.

#54 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,005 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 21, 2013 - 12:41 PM

I want LA to tank (they wouldn't have to try hard) so Mike can be fired
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#55 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,011 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 02:16 PM

I want LA to tank (they wouldn't have to try hard) so Mike can be fired

We are more then 40 games into the season...

And we are saying the same thing we said during the first week of the season...

We are not even trying to get the same mike fired anymore either....

I have never had it this bad as a laker fan

#56 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 21, 2013 - 02:48 PM

MDA is in love with Nash, who he coached 6 seasons ago, and failed with. His brand of ball worked with a young Nash and a bunch if guys who could hit shots. The Lakers don't have anyone that can hit an open shot, the only way they can win is to play to their strengths, the only strength they have is size.

#57 Jackson

Jackson

Starter

• 4,810 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 26, 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'M SO SORRY GUYS WTF WAS I THINKING :facepalm:

• 39,308 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 10:41 PM

^ I possess no likes to give at the moment, but serious props nonetheless for doing this. Manning up and showing humility. It truly takes a real man to do so. Sadly a rare sight these days.

yo.

#59 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 233 posts
  • Fan Since:90s

Posted April 26, 2013 - 11:02 PM

I'M SO SORRY GUYS WTF WAS I THINKING :facepalm:

:laughing: 'd

But it's no big deal, as Laker fans many wanted it to work out, and some even thought it might. Hopefully it's not too late to still get Kobe another title before he retires though

Edited by spacedog1, April 26, 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#60 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted April 26, 2013 - 11:09 PM

OMG i just noticed this thread. Man you must be high to want MDA but props for sure to man up. Just be careful what you wish for in the off-seasonand we will be good to go next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users