Photo

Mike D' Antoni

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,664 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:40 PM

Look if Howard can't make his free throws then this is going to be a waste of time. We running slow ball on a half court set. Teams are not going to shy away from fouling Dwight Howard anymore.

We need to run more and push more. We have Nash the best play maker in the game, DH and Pau who can run the floor, 3 point shooters who will be wide open and of course Kobe Bryant who can finish and score no matter what the situation is.

It all starts off with a new coach.

I know Jim Buss said he's not going to part with Mike Brown, but he also said that the Lakers will not spend money and go over the cap - and we did. Humans can always change their minds.

#2 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,726 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:43 PM

Hell no.

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,481 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:44 PM

:laughing: :laughing:

I guess mike brown was telling dwight and hill to miss there shots to try to have a dramatic come back but that back fired. Fire his ass

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:44 PM

No defense and I'm almost as annoyed at seeing the whiny faces he makes as I am seeing Mike Brown's confused look so often.

yo.

#5 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,004 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hell no. What the [expletive] are you thinking???

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,927 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Look if Howard can't make his free throws then this is going to be a waste of time. We running slow ball on a half court set. Teams are not going to shy away from fouling Dwight Howard anymore.

We need to run more and push more. We have Nash the best play maker in the game, DH and Pau who can run the floor, 3 point shooters who will be wide open and of course Kobe Bryant who can finish and score no matter what the situation is.

It all starts off with a new coach.

I know Jim Buss said he's not going to part with Mike Brown, but he also said that the Lakers will not spend money and go over the cap - and we did. Humans can always change their minds.

nash pushing the ball the entire game will have his legs gone by the time we exit all-star break.

It's up to Nash to run PnR whenever he wants to as he has the green light from day one, it's Nash's choice to push whenever he sees fit and he still has to get used to using the weapons around him.

It isn't gonna click overnight.

And the missed free throws tonight weren't all Dwight, Gasol, and Hill missed their fair share too.

We had 31 free throw attempts tonight and missed 21 of them despite out chemistry being low and our defense being sloppy at times, that speaks volumes.

Running the 7 second offense is one of the stupidest things we could do as it would severely hinder Kobe's game, and Gasol's game to a high extent.

We aren't a team full of nothing but three point shooters on each side of the wing.

I'd rather be running an offense that Nash has the freedom to do less in but gets easier shots while Kobe, Gasol and Howard can flourish from it, than running a 7 second offense that Kobe and Gasol would struggle in.

Kobe was 11-14 tonight for 78% from the field. You wouldn't see that in the 7 second offense.

Think about for one second you're asking the 38 Steve Nash to push the ball more and run PnR on nearly every play. Do you want to wear him out before all-star break?

There's a reason Nash doesn't run that offense every time down the court. He doesn't want to, and he doesn't have to. We have a much deeper lineup that can do more than bomb threes like the guys in Phoenix he had and he is still getting used to playing with them all.

We shall be fine once our guys get their chemistry down. It was just our 2nd game playing together. 2nd.

And our 1st game where our starting lineup AND full bench played together.

Despite the lack of chemistry we got 31 free throws, and only made 21, making 70% of our free throws would have even won us the game.

These are things that should be considered before topics are made to replace coaches :nah:

Edited by Majesty, October 30, 2012 - 09:46 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#7 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,538 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

If Lakers are going to fire Mike Brown, give me Jerry Sloan. He'll have Nash run the pick and roll to perfection like he did with Karl and John Stockton.

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:46 PM

If Lakers are going to fire Mike Brown, give me Jerry Sloan. He'll have Nash run the pick and roll to perfection like he did with Karl and John Stockton.

Fantastic point.

yo.

#9 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,135 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:46 PM

ehh no tho I think he would be better than MB if they go after anyone out there if a case comes where we fire MB then Jerry Sloan needs to be the one for the Job he is a great defensive coach and his expertise is with the PnR i.e. Malone/Stockton & Williams/Boozer. No one better than Sloan for the job if you dont agree tell me why

Posted Image

#10 Murdercassette

Murdercassette

Rap game Billy Mays

• 620 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:48 PM

Bingo

/thread
Posted Image

#11 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,351 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:49 PM

Brilliant idea. Lets run the 7 second offense with this group.

While we are at it, lets move Metta to PG.

#12 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,538 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:49 PM

ehh no tho I think he would be better than MB if they go after anyone out there if a case comes where we fire MB then Jerry Sloan needs to be the one for the Job he is a great defensive coach and his expertise is with the PnR i.e. Malone/Stockton & Williams/Boozer. No one better than Sloan for the job if you dont agree tell me why

Damn, Booze hasn't been the same since he left Utah. That Bulls offense isn't working for him.

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,927 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:50 PM

hey you heard Charles Barkley, Nash at this point in his career(at 38) doesn't want to run an offense he can save his legs in and get easier shot, no, he's gonna wanna run it 24/7 for pick and rolls and pushing the pace... because, that makes so much more sense, it's not like he wants to save his legs or anything :censored:

#14 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:51 PM

wherz nate mcmillan

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#15 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,135 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:51 PM

Damn, Booze hasn't been the same since he left Utah. That Bulls offense isn't working for him.

Yep his best years came in Utah with Sloan. Went to Chicago and now sucks

Posted Image

#16 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,025 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:53 PM

nash pushing the ball the entire game will have his legs gone by the time we exit all-star break.

It's up to Nash to run PnR whenever he wants to as he has the green light from day one, it's Nash's choice to push whenever he sees fit and he still has to get used to using the weapons around him.

And the missed free throws tonight weren't all Dwight, Gasol, and Hill missed their fair share too.

We had 31 free throw attempts tonight and missed 21 of them despite out chemistry being low and our defense being sloppy at times, that speaks volumes.

Running the 7 second offense is one of the stupidest things we could do as it would severely hinder Kobe's game, and Gasol's game to a high extent.

We aren't a team full of nothing but three point shooters on each side of the wing.

I'd rather be running an offense that Nash has the freedom to do less in but gets easier shots while Kobe, Gasol and Howard can flourish from it, than running a 7 second offense that Kobe and Gasol would struggle in.

Kobe was 11-14 tonight for 78% from the field. You wouldn't see that in the 7 second offense.

Think about for one second you're asking the 38 Steve Nash to push the ball more and run PnR on nearly every play. Do you want to wear him out before all-star break?

There's a reason Nash doesn't run that offense every time down the court. He doesn't want to, and he doesn't have to. We have a much deeper lineup that can do more than bomb threes like the guys in Phoenix he had and he is still getting used to playing with them all.

We shall be fine once our guys get their chemistry down. It was just our 2nd game playing together. 2nd.

And our 1st game where our starting lineup AND full bench played together.

Despite the lack of chemistry we got 31 free throws, and only made 21, making 70% of our free throws would have even won us the game.

These are things that should be considered before topics are made to replace coaches :nah:

If you looked at the sets we were running those weren't going to get us shots. I thought LA executed well in the 1st quarter but things dropped off quite a bit after that. Nash needs to take a bit more control like he did early on, those PnRs were unstoppable and Kobe was getting easy buckets.

#17 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Agree, Sloan is a defensive coach and he is a master at the pick n roll. I hate this offense. By the time they get a shot up its 4 seconds left

#18 24kobe24

24kobe24

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:magic

Man that [expletive] pisses me off Watching brown all confused. Fire his ass and get a coach that can make the guys complement each other. The mavs looked pretty Good For having 9 new players. Nash had 4 assist! Come on its obvious this offense is not Good For this team.Nash looks so confused at times. The team needs to push the ball a little faster. Fire brown asap!

#19 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,927 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:57 PM

If you looked at the sets we were running those weren't going to get us shots. I thought LA executed well in the 1st quarter but things dropped off quite a bit after that. Nash needs to take a bit more control like he did early on, those PnRs were unstoppable and Kobe was getting easy buckets.

We actually were running some Princeton effectively early on and some of the PnR's he ran with Gasol getting open shots was good as well.

Kobe still got easy buckets. And the sad thing is, we ACTUALLY got some really good looks at the basket tonight, heck we made them foul us for 31 free throw attempts. We have to convert though.

Thing is the offense got us 31 free throw attempts and Kobe shot 78%

If I told you on opening night Kobe would shoot 78% and we'd get 31 free throw attempts what would you think?

Then I'd tell you we missed 21 of those free throws... and the story changes :nervous:

#20 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,481 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:00 PM

Actually I was thinking pau at the PG and have Dwight come of the bench while starting blake at center. They wont know what to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users