4 replies to this topic

#1 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts
  • Fan Since:Nah
  • Fav. Laker:Kobun

Posted October 30, 2012 - 05:50 PM

Do you like Chief Keef? I've been a big fan ever since the release of his 2012 mixtape, Back From the Dead. Before that I really didn't understand any of his work. It was too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Back From the Dead where Chief Keef's presence became more apparent.

I think "I Don't Like" is the artist's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on distaste, at the same time it deepens and enriches the meaning of his preceding mixtapes.

Listen to the brilliantly produced hi-hats, snares, and 808 drums from Young Chop. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument.

In terms of lyrical craftsmanship and sheer songwriting, this mixtape hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to "Monster." In this song, Chief Keef addresses the problem of abusive federal authority.

"Save That [expletive]" is the most moving rap song of the year about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.

Chief Keef's solo efforts seem to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying in a narrower way, especially songs like "Love Sosa" and "True Religion Fiend".

But I also think that Chief Keef works better within the confines of his group, Glory Boyz Entertainment, than as a solo artist-and I stress the word artist. This is "My Lil [expletive]as," a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Edited by FLOCKA, October 30, 2012 - 07:14 PM.

R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#2 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,224 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted October 30, 2012 - 06:27 PM

AWWWWWW hell naw!

I liked his "[expletive] I don't like" remix

#3 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 802 posts
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:30 PM

It was too artsy, too intellectual.

Not sure if serious or sarcasm.

#4 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,679 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted November 03, 2012 - 09:10 PM

Sucks. Hes a kid. awful. worse. ugly.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#5 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts
  • Fan Since:Nah
  • Fav. Laker:Kobun

Posted November 04, 2012 - 06:42 AM

Posted Image = most of you guys lmao
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users