#121 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 27, 2012 - 10:37 PM

right they didn't upgrade at all with harden... :facepalm:

You have two people who dominate the ball idk how we'll that's going to work out

#122 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,737 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 27, 2012 - 10:39 PM

Hilarious. From a post I made on my site, reacting to the offer sheet for Jeremy Lin back in July:

Seriously thats an amazing call. Not sure if they were your legit thoughts on what you think they are looking for or they were just the 1st team/players you though of. Still you need to keep reaching. How about your thoughts on durant and rose coming to the lakers :laughing: :laughing:

#123 purple_and_gold_fever

purple_and_gold_fever

Sixth Man

• 3,811 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 10:40 PM

You have two people who dominate the ball idk how we'll that's going to work out

says someone who supports a team with howard, gasol, bryant, and nash.

#124 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 10:57 PM

says someone who supports a team with howard, gasol, bryant, and nash.

everybody's game compliments each other the only player that's not adjusting well would be steve nash IMO but everybody else looks good and compliment each other

#125 villany

villany

Rookie

• 211 posts
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 27, 2012 - 10:57 PM

they got ready for the future after they saw the Lakers are ready for now :81:

Posted Image

#126 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,183 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 27, 2012 - 11:06 PM

gtfo of this forum and be a basketball analysts

Sadly the media doesn't look for "true" basketball analysts anymore. He'd have to make it big on youtube =p

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#127 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 27, 2012 - 11:10 PM

Heat have Lebron, Wade
We have Kobe, Nash
Thunder have Westbrook, Durant
etc. et.c

those duos worked out well. harden and lin won't be a problem.

#128 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,926 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 27, 2012 - 11:34 PM

This sets the Thunder's timeline back a couple notches. They were just gaining experience and getting to an elite level as a unit.

Harden was a big component of that team. Now they have a shoot first, chucker of a player in Martin and a kid in Lamb who has to go through the whole development process while OKC is trying to win now. I knew that OKC had to break the party eventually, but its surprising how quickly they made up their minds.

This is a great deal for Houston. Lamb didn't figure into their plans before (he was on the block the entire summer in several deals), so losing him is nothing. And Martin, meh, the guy is nothing special. Houston has a nice start in the back court with Lin and Harden. I expect they'll make a massive run at Bynum this coming summer as well.

"It would be crazy if LeBron James were to come here via free agency in 2014..."

Not that crazy with the way Wade is breaking down and the situation L.A. will offer LeBron with Howard on board and Kobe possibly signing a mild one or two year extension.

#129 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,569 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted October 27, 2012 - 11:55 PM

It's a step back for OKC. Martin is a volume scorer. He gets more points on more shots with a lower percentage from the field and from 3. He doesn't create plays like Harden does. He can't work around the rim like Harden does. He doesn't have the same flow in the offense as Harden does. He doesn't play a lick of defense. And Jeremy Lamb ain't gonna see much time. He's a rookie, he's behind Thabo and Martin, Westbrook is practically a shooting guard, and Durant is the leading scorer in the league. Where does Lamb fit in here? Maybe after Martin is gone he'll get a chance. Until then he's not going to contribute much.

Harden grew up in the league with Durant and Westbrook and Ibaka. They've been through the gauntlet together so to speak. The last three seasons the only teams they lost to have gone on to win the whole thing; LA, Dallas, and Miami. Harden was the perfect guy to balance out Durant and Westbrook. Martin is just another perimeter scorer on a team already ripe with perimeter scoring. He isn't what they need, he doesn't provide that extra dimension that Harden gave them. They need the glue guy, the fan favorite, the freaking 6th man of the year. Martin is none of the above.

The trade could benefit them in the future, but as for now, I think it makes them a lot more beatable. They just became a bit easier to defend, and their chemistry is disrupted. They still have Durant and Westbrook, which is a serious handful. But definitely a bit less dangerous.

And by the way, Houston is doing a nice job of at least putting a good product on the floor for their fans. They're probably stoked: Jeremy Lin, James Harden, Chandler Parsons, Omer Asik, Patrick Paterson, Carlos Delfino, Terrence Jones. An interesting team. They won't have a spectacular record, but there's a lot of young talent, a little veteran savy, and a couple big names. At least even if they're bad, they will remain somewhat relevant because everyone will want to see what Lin and Harden can do.

#130 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 28, 2012 - 12:56 AM

I don't like this trade for OKC. I think they should have just forked over the cash, it's not worth the risk. Lamb/Martin might pan out to be a better combo but Harden is proven, and if I were OKC I wouldn't have risked it. It's really not that much to keep Harden around, especially now that Ibaka is locked up.

#131 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,183 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 28, 2012 - 01:03 AM

I don't like this trade for OKC. I think they should have just forked over the cash, it's not worth the risk. Lamb/Martin might pan out to be a better combo but Harden is proven, and if I were OKC I wouldn't have risked it. It's really not that much to keep Harden around, especially now that Ibaka is locked up.

You don't give a guy coming off the bench a max contract. harden got greedy.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#132 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,737 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 28, 2012 - 01:18 AM

You don't give a guy coming off the bench a max contract. harden got greedy.

He's not really a bench player though. I mean yea he comes off the bench but he play 31 mins a game. He deserves a max cuz he puts up max contract stats. You can easily argue he is top 3 SG right now and he's only 23. Also not sure how getting money that you would get at pretty much any other team would pay is greedy. OKC has to be the only team in the NBA who wouldnt give him a max contract.

#133 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted October 28, 2012 - 01:26 AM

It really disappoints me how lakers fan don't know anything about players coming into the league

It's funny how you are calling out posters in here. We apologize that we don't "know" players that are newcomers to the league. You know, Morrison, Oden, Marvin Williams were great college players. They are beasting right now, right?

#134 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,042 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted October 28, 2012 - 05:18 AM

Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#135 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 06:22 AM

It's funny how you are calling out posters in here. We apologize that we don't "know" players that are newcomers to the league. You know, Morrison, Oden, Marvin Williams were great college players. They are beasting right now, right?

Those type of players and completely different from Lamb..... He's a complete scorer

#136 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 28, 2012 - 06:44 AM

It really disappoints me how lakers fan don't know anything about players coming into the league

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/59497-should-the-lakers-go-after-jonny-flynn-pistons-waived-him/page__view__findpost__p__1194430

#137 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,134 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 28, 2012 - 07:03 AM

After thinking about it a lil longer, I think there is more behind the door stuff that didn't come out. I mean you wouldn't made a rash decision the day of Harden rejecting an offer. Not to mention, he being there 6th man and 3rd best player (or 2nd whichever you prefer). I think they ended up in bad terms quickly

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#138 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 07:10 AM

The trade gives them more flexibility in the future while still getting 2 good players for 1 great player and future picks and we all know how good OKC is with drafting players

#139 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted October 28, 2012 - 08:17 AM

OKC TRADE > ROCKETS :shifty:

33bkfif.jpg

#140 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,150 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 10:50 AM

I expected OKC to possibly amnesty Perkins. Perkins does bring toughness to the team, but he has no offensive ability (But hell, if you have Durant and Westbrook on your team, you don't need offense), no athleticism, no post moves, and can't run the court. He is always slow and late on his defensive switches and rotations. But this trade was for the future of OKC, and for them to stay under the tax. Just shows you how spoiled us Laker fans are to have an owner who is willing to spend and go over the tax just to put a winning product on the floor.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users