Photo

Mavericks sign CDR and Melvin Ely (Update: Both waived)

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 28, 2012 - 01:11 PM

The D-Fenders need to hurry and sign him. :rock:

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,069 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 28, 2012 - 03:49 PM

the Mavericks are loaded at the Small Forward and Shooting Guard Position

Idk why they signed him just to waive him and not play him in any games smh but that's good for the lakers because if they are able to unload some contracts we will be in shape to get CDR on the roster

Probably because he was an available camp body that could challenge people in practice but making the team is a long shot for a team loaded at those 2 spots. Especially with the Mavs being 18 people full when they brought him in.

NOW he'll go to the D-Fenders which was always the plan.

Edited by Majesty, October 28, 2012 - 03:50 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 04:46 PM

Poor dude though, gotta' feel for the guy. He seems to be getting used like a hooker. Just moving left & right to new places. Can't find a home.

yo.

#44 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,509 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 28, 2012 - 04:50 PM

Poor dude though, gotta' feel for the guy. He seems to be getting used like a hooker. Just moving left & right to new places. Can't find a home.

He'll stick somewhere. I find it hard to feel bad for the guy, considering he's made a good amount of money doing something I'm sure everyone here would love to be able to do.

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 05:04 PM

I find it hard to feel bad for the guy, considering he's made a good amount of money doing something I'm sure everyone here would love to be able to do.

Oh trust me, I'm from the same sentiment, but I meant it on a competitor's pride type of level.

yo.

#46 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 28, 2012 - 06:05 PM

Once again, losing CDR was no big deal.

There's obviously something about him besides his average to below average play that is keeping him from latching onto a team. None of us are there at practice or at any other time other than games.

Again, I trust Mitch and the Lakers management much more than I trust any fan.

#47 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted October 28, 2012 - 06:57 PM

Probably because he was an available camp body that could challenge people in practice but making the team is a long shot for a team loaded at those 2 spots. Especially with the Mavs being 18 people full when they brought him in.

NOW he'll go to the D-Fenders which was always the plan.

Not according to Mark Followill (Mavs beat writer):

CDR & Melvin Ely waived by Mavs aft signing yesterday. For those scratching heads, Texas Legends now have their rights. So there's ur answer

https://mobile.twitter.com/MFollowill/tweets

#48 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 28, 2012 - 11:21 PM

Once again, losing CDR was no big deal.

There's obviously something about him besides his average to below average play that is keeping him from latching onto a team. None of us are there at practice or at any other time other than games.

Again, I trust Mitch and the Lakers management much more than I trust any fan.

What exactly was below average in his play please explain

#49 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 28, 2012 - 11:37 PM

If his play wasn't below average he wouldn't be having this much trouble latching on to a team. What's keeping his name out there is exactly that his name, and his small amount of experience in the NBA.

#50 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 11:41 PM

If his play wasn't below average he wouldn't be having this much trouble latching on to a team. What's keeping his name out there is exactly that his name, and his small amount of experience in the NBA.

Lakers are up their necks in contracts for SG's and SF's same with the Mavericks... if your telling me that he isn't good because he got cut then that's a bad assumption to make about a player considering when he did get minutes he was productive.. that is if you watched any of the games he played during preseason

#51 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 11:44 PM

Lakers are up their necks in contracts for SG's and SF's same with the Mavericks... if your telling me that he isn't good because he got cut then that's a bad assumption to make about a player considering when he did get minutes he was productive.. that is if you watched any of the games he played during preseason

You really love to question if everyone watches games don't you?

#52 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 11:47 PM

You really love to question if everyone watches games don't you?

because if you actually watched the game and see what he did in limited minutes you wouldn't call CDR a below average player.. I could understand if he had a legitimate reason for why he thinks CDR is below average but the response was "he got cut so he must not be that good" LOL

#53 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,629 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted October 29, 2012 - 01:08 AM

I get high on players that turn out to be bad too. Thing is, once I see them on the court I accept that I was wrong, or that my belief in the player was just a result of me not liking the current guy at the same position.

I hoped Darius Morris improved enough to become the backup. Trainers and coaches talked him up, by all accounts he had improved physically over the offseason and had a better understanding of the game. After watching him this last month, it became obvious that clearly
isn't the case. He isn't ready to play pg in the NBA, he's just not there.

I hoped CDR could be a legit backup. I believed he had a decent offensive arsenal, I saw the highlights of his few big games from previous seasons and hoped he could be a guy to create shots, something the bench sorely lacked. After watching him though, he didn't do anything to make me believe he's better than Ebanks. He didn't get much time, but I'll trust management on this one.

Once a guy proves himself to be unsuitable for the job, there's really no sense in lamenting over his departure. I was wrong about Morris, I was wrong about CDR. I wanted them to be something they're not.

Sounds like confession, haha. Basically I just want to see less posts about some jamokes the Lakers aren't giving enough opportunities to.

#54 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted October 29, 2012 - 06:59 AM

because if you actually watched the game and see what he did in limited minutes you wouldn't call CDR a below average player.. I could understand if he had a legitimate reason for why he thinks CDR is below average but the response was "he got cut so he must not be that good" LOL

You should stop wasting time posting here and apply for Mike Brown's job. You obviously have a gift seeing talent and know more about basketball than anyone. I mean you "watch the games" which apparently is all the qualification you need. Or you should be CDR's agent so you could have advised against him signing with the Lakers or the Mavs and their gluttony of wings and take an Offer from the other 28 teams who all were begging to sign him. I mean, he had offers from every team in the league because he's so good, right?

#55 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 10:50 AM

You should stop wasting time posting here and apply for Mike Brown's job. You obviously have a gift seeing talent and know more about basketball than anyone. I mean you "watch the games" which apparently is all the qualification you need. Or you should be CDR's agent so you could have advised against him signing with the Lakers or the Mavs and their gluttony of wings and take an Offer from the other 28 teams who all were begging to sign him. I mean, he had offers from every team in the league because he's so good, right?

LOL CDR is just that good :laughing:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users