108 replies to this topic

#61 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,382 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 26, 2012 - 02:37 PM

thought Adelman ran the corner

The Corner Offense is a variation of the Princeton. Adleman modified the offense when he went to Houston

#62 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 26, 2012 - 02:43 PM

Posted Image

Pau Gasol is GONE

#63 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,536 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted October 26, 2012 - 03:03 PM

Heres some 100% true optimism...

Lakers cannot have worse winning percentage then 0.000 % which is what they had in the preseason

#64 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,996 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 26, 2012 - 05:58 PM

The Corner Offense is a variation of the Princeton. Adleman modified the offense when he went to Houston

and the Lakers would still be struggling with it right now. We don't need Adelman for the system. We got Eddie Jordan and we got MB running some of what ran well with bynum/gasol and what runs better with Howard/Gasol as well as some triangle thrown in as well as pick n roll.

We're fine in terms of offense and are still learning it and would struggle as much under Adelman as well, the difference is Adelman wouldn't be getting on our guys defensive efforts the way Mike Brown does in a game or the way Clifford does in practice. So those are a plus.

The system is the system if they struggle learning and getting used to it under Eddie Jordan they'd struggle under Adelman too.

So when it comes to Adelman we don't need him.

Our players will get it and it will take time under Adelman as it does under Brown.

I'm more worried about the transition defense tbh, the turnovers are a part of chemistry needing to improve.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#65 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:04 PM

http://www.nba.com/g...]#nbaGIboxscore

- We out rebounded them 46-40
- We had more offensive rebounds than them (15-9)
- We didnt have too many turnovers (14-11)
- We lost the fastbreak battle 13-7 but thats not by much
- Points in the paint 56-46

It took MWP going 1 for 8 and Nash going for 3 for 9 along with 38% Free throw shooting to beat us. We'll be fine. We did the little things wrong but its correctable. Just by Nash being on the floor, Pau, Dwight and Kobe did extremely well on offense (outside of free throw shooting). Their shot opportunities improved compared to last year Which is HUGE. We just had trouble towards the end of the game...same happened in Miami. Just will take a litle bit of time to figure it out. Hope Mike Brown lets Eddie Jordan handle the offense and doesn't interfere

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,400 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:06 PM

That positives thread might as well just be merged into this one.

yo.

#67 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,149 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 31, 2012 - 10:24 AM

Any1 optismistic Pau will stop allowing midgets to force him into taking fadeaways instead of pounding him down low & get gr8 position before attempting a shot?

It was disgraceful to see that rookie pretending to D Pau up. SMFH,
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#68 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,126 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 10:36 AM

and the Lakers would still be struggling with it right now. We don't need Adelman for the system. We got Eddie Jordan and we got MB running some of what ran well with bynum/gasol and what runs better with Howard/Gasol as well as some triangle thrown in as well as pick n roll.

We're fine in terms of offense and are still learning it and would struggle as much under Adelman as well, the difference is Adelman wouldn't be getting on our guys defensive efforts the way Mike Brown does in a game or the way Clifford does in practice. So those are a plus.

The system is the system if they struggle learning and getting used to it under Eddie Jordan they'd struggle under Adelman too.

So when it comes to Adelman we don't need him.

Our players will get it and it will take time under Adelman as it does under Brown.

I'm more worried about the transition defense tbh, the turnovers are a part of chemistry needing to improve.

we wouldn't be struggling with adelman's offense. we'd be a year into it already. at least as far as pau, ron, and kobe are concerned
Posted Image

#69 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 07:14 AM

https://twitter.com/...019309314048000

Only six teams have ever won the NBA Finals after starting 0-2, but 3 of those teams were the Lakers.

And I believe we won the championship in 81/82 after firing Paul Westhead about 6-7 games in the season and hiring Pat Riley

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#70 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 01, 2012 - 07:17 AM

Well fire mb get er done
Posted Image

#71 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,126 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 07:19 AM

https://twitter.com/...019309314048000

And I believe we won the championship in 81/82 after firing Paul Westhead about 6-7 games in the season and hiring Pat Riley

That stat is almost exactly in line with the fact that the lakers own like 1/4th of NBA titles

Well a little higher frequency. Will we win it all. I have my doubts, had them before the season. Lebron is a transcendent player and for that reason alone I have my doubts. But if anyone can do it it's us. I don't think any other team has remotely any chance of knocking out the heat. Only the lakers and heat have a shot at the title, and the heat hold about 60% of the likelihood as far as I'm concerned
Posted Image

#72 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,638 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted November 01, 2012 - 05:20 PM

honestly not trippin myself, yet...

the terrible defense is a result of the terrible offense in the sense that we keep turning the ball over cuz no one knows what they're doing out there. none of these people have played in this system, and most of them have never played together in any sort of consistent rotation. they're having to think too much out there, and that's whats leading to the ugly offense, which leads to turnovers, which leads to fast breaks, which leads to quick scores, which leads to high scores, which looks like bad defense...

if we start 0-4, then i'll have legit concerns...

Posted Image

#73 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:24 PM

It could be worse.

We could still have Andrew Bynum and be worrying about his knee issues as well. That along with the issues the Lakers currently have would make my blood boil as much as sports can do so.

Posted Image

#74 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,126 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:32 PM

Well Dwight seems to be moving better with each game. Still a couple months away.

Kobe with a hurt foot can still move. Maybe 2 years is too soon

That's about it
Posted Image

#75 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,713 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:35 PM

lets just play defense.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#76 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 03, 2012 - 06:57 AM

The only positive I can see from this team being under pressure and facing adversity, is it will either bond this team together or implode it. Either way we will get change.

#77 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:15 PM

- Our bench has gotten incredibly better since MDA got here
- Our 3 point shooting has gotten better...this has happened without one of the greatest facilitators and shooters of his time in Steve Nash. Imagine how lethal we would be with Nash?

Its not like last year where blwouts were like super rare like we did vs CLE and CHA...we've had 4 quality blowout wins already against playoff competition..HOU, DEN, GSW, DAL at home and on the road. We're doing this without Nash, lots of things are trending the positive side for the Lakers. Now we just gotta take care of Orlando, Sunday and get ready for the 3 game road trip

Faried is 5th in the NBA grabbing 11 rebounds a game, Pau and Jamison held him to 2 rebounds tonight in 22 mins.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#78 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:30 PM

- Denver shot 54% at halftime. They finished the game shooting 46.5%
- Denver is 2nd in the league in rebounding at 47 a game, we out rebounded them 46-38
- Denver leads the NBA with 15 offensive rebounds a game, we held them to 13
- Denver is 5th in NBA in Fastbreak points with 16 a game, we held them to 10

This ladies and gents is the definition of a convincing win

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#79 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:35 PM

Now we need to consistently play like this.

#80 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:43 PM

http://www.nba.com/g...L/gameinfo.html

The Lakers came into the game 2-7 this season Bryant scored less than 25 points...The Lakers haven't allowed a 25-point scorer in the last 14 games, which is the longest streak in franchise history in the post-shot clock era

Kobe and Pau scored only 20 tonight combined and we almost won by 20 points

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users