#121 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 02, 2012 - 09:56 PM

According to Kobe it feels like his foot is going to fall off.
He played 41 minutes. Thanks Mike Brown you [expletive]ing idiot.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#122 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:03 PM

Kobe's foot is "gonna fall off"
Nash is hurt
Jodie Meeks, signed in the offseason to be one of our key players off the bench, doesn't play at all
Jordan may be injured
We're 0-3
Ouch

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#123 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:05 PM

And Kobe says not to panic.. Kobe kobe kobe...

#124 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,803 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:06 PM

WWPD

What would Phil do.

Mike Brown, repeat this and follow this - up until the day you are fired.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Get rid of this guy. He can't handle this team. He belongs on a mediocre team who barely makes the playoffs every year, where expectations aren't that high.

If we aren't over .500 after our first 10-12 games, this guy better be gone.

[expletive] man.

#125 Henny Loc

Henny Loc

Livin' Legend

• 703 posts
  • Name:LS3
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:22 PM

0-11 in the TWC era

#126 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:24 PM

And we have not won a game since the playoffs.

#127 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:27 PM

I'm starting to get worried about Dwight. This hasn't exactly been a red carpet welcome. I mean 0-11. Not exactly selling the lakers

It's early but dwight left Orlando to leave losing. Not join losing
Posted Image

#128 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:34 PM

Dwight looked depressed, in the post game interview.
Doubt he's still ecstatic to be here.
Maybe he will ask for Brown to be fired. :whistle:

Edited by JSaber20, November 02, 2012 - 10:34 PM.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#129 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:38 PM

If Dwight could leave today and he did, I honestly wouldn't blame him.

The Lakers need to at least have plans to make big changes if things keep going like this.

Edited by Japago, November 02, 2012 - 10:38 PM.

Posted Image

#130 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted November 02, 2012 - 11:05 PM

All of you who think Dwight doesn't believe he can win with this team are crazy. The Lakers were a pretty good team last year, and we practically traded Ramon Sessions, Eyenga, Barnes, Goudelock, Troy Murphy, McRoberts, and Bynum for Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, Jodie Meeks, and Antawn Jamison. Not to mention Jordon Hill will have great season, someone who we didn't utilize up until the playoffs last season.

And even if somehow that group can't put it together, I guarantee Mitch and Jim won't stand pat. You don't think that this team will pay this HUGEEE luxury tax to be just mediocre, do you? Dwight knows that Mitch and Jim are different than the Magic front office. They put very little effort into taking that team to the finals.

Let's see: a Lakers team with a win win win mentality and 16 NBA championships

or

a Magic team with zero NBA titles and no faith in the front office.

• 40,431 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 11:14 PM

^ That's all nice & dandy & all, but the bottom line is you've gotta' get the job done. Gotta' see results. Paper don't mean [expletive].

yo.

#132 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 11:21 PM

^ That's all nice & dandy & all, but the bottom line is you've gotta' get the job done. Gotta' see results. Paper don't mean [expletive].

I agree 100%, but I'm just stating that Dwight knows he's better here than he was in Orlando.

The one thing I believe we're missing is young, quick guys off the bench. Last year we had Barnes as that scrappy player who could get ahead of the pack in transition. We don't have any of that.

• 40,431 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 11:24 PM

^ I still would've preferred & taken Barnes over Ebanks. He brings more intangibles, which thus made him more valuable to our team.

yo.

#134 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 11:33 PM

^ I still would've preferred & taken Barnes over Ebanks. He brings more intangibles, which thus made him more valuable to our team.

I've never been real high on Ebanks. Barnes was a slasher who might have thrived under a PG like Nash. You never know, maybe Mitch will pull off a move to bring someone here who can do that.

• 40,431 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 11:40 PM

For the last two seasons, Ebanks has had a great preseason, but unfortunately, he has yet to seemingly translate that success to when it actually counts.

yo.

#136 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 11:59 PM

I dont think the Buss family will choose Brown over Howard. Its just a matter of when he will get fired. I really hope we loose sunday and thats the last we see of him. We need a real motivator as a coach, not a scumbag like brown who most of the time seems clueless. For god sake Kobe out coach him last year when he was hurt and was drawing out plays on the bench

#137 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 03, 2012 - 01:15 AM

What are you talking about ebanks has been good in the limmited minutes he is given.
Posted Image

#138 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 03, 2012 - 05:38 AM

It is really annoying watching some of the other top teams like Miami,New York,Boston,San Antonio,OKC,LAC,Brooklyn and how good and deep these teams look. Their benches have some real quality players that seem to compliment their starters. What I really notice is the athleticism and multiple shot creators these teams possess. Also the abundance of 3 point threats they have compared to us. When I watch our team we really look so pedestrian and predictable. I understand we are a half court team but you need to be able to change tempo as well. To me the game has really
changed in the last few years to the point where having fast athletic players is essential. I feel we somehow need to make some trades before the deadline to address this weakness if we seriously want to contend. I understand we don't have alot of trade chips but Mitch needs to be
creative and get it done. Also I just get the feeling we won't see success with Brown as coach. This defensive coach has failed to deliver on his strength. Also this chemistry issue is rubbish. He's had a full training camp this season and while we have implemented the Princeton offense it still isn't an excuse with the talent we have to lose 11 games be it 8 pre season games. I understand injuries haven't allowed us to have our top starters together much but other teams are winning without key players eg Dirk for Dallas,Amare for Knicks,Manu for Spurs etc. Also his inconsistent rotations and overuse of starters are still the same as last year. He needs to go but sadly it will only happen if we continue to lose which I don't really want. What a start to the season but I spose things can only get better hopefully lol.

Edited by jax24, November 03, 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#139 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted November 03, 2012 - 06:15 AM

It is really annoying watching some of the other top teams like Miami,New York,Boston,San Antonio,OKC,LAC,Brooklyn and how good and deep these teams look. Their benches have some real quality players that seem to compliment their starters. What I really notice is the athleticism and multiple shot creators these teams possess. When I watch our team we really look so pedestrian and predictable. I understand we are a half court team but you need to be able to change tempo as well. To me the game has really
changed in the last few years to the point where having fast athletic players is essential. I feel we somehow need to make some trades before the deadline to address this weakness if we seriously want to contend. I understand we don't have alot of trade chips but Mitch needs to be
creative and get it done. Also I just get the feeling we won't see success with Brown as coach. This defensive coach has failed to deliver on his strength. Also this chemistry issue is rubbish. He's had a full training camp this season and while we have implemented the Princeton offense it still isn't an excuse with the talent we have to lose 11 games be it 8 pre season games. I understand injuries haven't allowed us to have our top starters together much but other teams are winning without key players eg Dirk for Dallas,Amare for Knicks,Manu for Spurs etc. Also his inconsistent rotations and overuse of starters are still the same as last year. He needs to go but sadly it will only happen if we continue to lose which I don't really want. What a start to the season but I spose things can only get better hopefully lol.

Agree with everything you said. I feel bad because a small part of me wants us to lose so we can make a move on him. But I don't know who we could bring in to replace him right now thats worth it!? The guys on TNT mentioned Jerry Sloan, but I don't like that idea.

Also, we really can't afford to keep losing. The west is too competitive and a team like us (like its been for the last 3 years) really NEEDS home court advantage.
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#140 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 03, 2012 - 06:43 AM

Agree with everything you said. I feel bad because a small part of me wants us to lose so we can make a move on him. But I don't know who we could bring in to replace him right now thats worth it!? The guys on TNT mentioned Jerry Sloan, but I don't like that idea.

Also, we really can't afford to keep losing. The west is too
competitive and a team like us (like its been for the last 3 years) really NEEDS home court advantage.

Yeah I feel the same way. Brown does need to go but there isn't any great replacements presently available. Even if he turns things around and the teams starts winning and playing well,I think in the playoffs his decisionmaking as a coach will lead to failure. I agree with you that I almost want us to lose the next couple games so he gets fired, but at the same time I don't because you need every win you can get to secure HCA in the playoffs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users