• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#81 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,964 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 31, 2012 - 01:39 PM

Maybe this outfit from Nash was a pre-cursor?

Posted Image

:facepalm:

#82 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 01:45 PM

he looks like woody from toy story lol

bw1wOGf.png

#83 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 31, 2012 - 03:28 PM

Mike Brown has no idea how to put this talent ina position to win or put together rotations.
The only bright side is, the more we lose the sooner Mike Brown is fired.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#84 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 31, 2012 - 03:42 PM

what is nash doing with a purse?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#85 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts
  • Name:David Hillman
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kurt Rambis

Posted October 31, 2012 - 05:27 PM

pau is too soft he was bullied by brand

Brand was 3-10. Pau put up 23/13/6/3. I'll take that match up. If that was the biggest problem, the Lakers would've won by 30.

#86 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts
  • Name:David Hillman
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kurt Rambis

Posted October 31, 2012 - 05:31 PM

Man at the game tonight. What a pathetic effort. The body language was horrible. No chemistry what's so ever. Missing drew right about now .

This, I think, hits the nail on the head. I expected a disorganized, sloppy game from the Lakers. Hell, if you expect otherwise in the Mike Brown era, I'll take that bet.

But I didn't expect more laziness. I thought, or maybe hoped, they would come out and play hard. I'm not sure what the hell I was smoking when I thought that, because I can't remember the last time the Lakers actually played hard and well.

#87 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted October 31, 2012 - 08:53 PM

A bad game for Pau and awful defense from Metta.

I just don't trust those 2.

Posted Image

#88 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 31, 2012 - 08:58 PM

Fire mike brown now....

And our bench is still terrible... wtf this is depressing... I expected to have a cracker of a season wtf is this [expletive]....
Laker fan for life.

#89 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:02 PM

Fire mike brown now....

And our bench is still terrible... wtf this is depressing... I expected to have a cracker of a season wtf is this [expletive]....

Why is he ur avi?

Posted Image

#90 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:06 PM

Forget the bench, not even the Lakers' starters are playing well. I get that there's an adjustment period, but teams find a way to get some wins even when adjusting. Houston won today and they have mostly new players.

This is just pathetic.

Posted Image

#91 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,497 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:26 PM

Forget the bench, not even the Lakers' starters are playing well. I get that there's an adjustment period, but teams find a way to get some wins even when adjusting. Houston won today and they have mostly new players.

This is just pathetic.

houston did play the kings though. but the difference between all of the other teams making adjustments is none of them went 0-8 in the preseason. mentally they don't look right. once they rack off a few wins i think things will get going
Posted Image

#92 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:33 PM

houston did play the kings though. but the difference between all of the other teams making adjustments is none of them went 0-8 in the preseason. mentally they don't look right. once they rack off a few wins i think things will get going

They actually played the Pistons, but I see what you're saying. The Rockets just looked a lot better in general even though they're supposed to be "adjusting" too.

Teams do have to adjust to new players and systems, but this looks far beyond that.

Posted Image

#93 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,736 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:36 PM

[expletive] mike brown that i had to procrastinate to watch this game and witness a loss. [expletive] you

#94 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:37 PM

I should have went trick or treating instead

Pau Gasol is GONE

#95 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,525 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:40 PM

I should have went trick or treating instead

You got tricked into thinking you were gonna get a treat by watching this [expletive]
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#96 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,736 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:46 PM

You got tricked into thinking you were gonna get a treat by watching this [expletive]

:laughing:

#97 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,497 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:56 PM

They actually played the Pistons, but I see what you're saying. The Rockets just looked a lot better in general even though they're supposed to be "adjusting" too.

Teams do have to adjust to new players and systems, but this looks far beyond that.

I honestly think the 0-8 preseason destroyed all of the momentum and hype they had and now they are just laborimg right now to get a win. Once they get it I think they'll start to turn it around
Posted Image

#98 211275

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 11:15 PM

So....about this chemistry thing....what a piss poor excuse. James harden has been with the Rockets for what? 4 days? Yet him and Jeremy Linn are bounce passing and lobbing to each other and their teammates like they are the showtime Lakers and Harden drops 37 points. These are kids doing this. You mean to tell me future HOF vets like Kobe, Nash, Pau and Howard need all this time to "gel"? What a crock of [expletive]. Losers.

#99 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 11:39 PM

Why is he ur avi?

Because I love him, so damn much.
Laker fan for life.

#100 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,228 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 01, 2012 - 12:21 AM

I expect a looooong winning streak later on in the season.

I hope Nash is okay to go Friday.

So much [expletive]ing about the refs. They missed a lot, but we lost the game because of many other reasons. This should be obvious.

I hope this team plays with some urgency, and I hope Dwight plays more like he did today OFFENSIVELY. His jump just isn't there defensively. He's gonna need time.

Pau is playing well at times, but at times he takes it to the rim and just gets clobbered and blocked. If you're gonna react like that to contact, pass the rock to someone who can handle it.

And Jesus Christ, why do I feel like these passed two games have been full of opponents making ridiculous lucky shots? Carter made a couple yesterday, and Lillard and a couple other guys today made some craft well contested step backs. I guess these guy really show up when they're playing the Lake Show.

I did like how Nash was trying to push the ball up however. It seemed like at times Kobe or Blake would walk the ball up and we'd have like 17 seconds left on the shot clock, pass it around a few times and we're down to 5 or 6 seconds an forcing a contested shot. That's why I think Kobe's shot percentage was so bad last season.

Defense defense defense. Step the [expletive] up. Put a hand up against your man. Chris Paul is going to draw so many tacky fouls if we play this sort of defense. It will be a problem later on. Stand your ground, stay in front of your man, and don't leave knock down shooters wide open in transition.

Dwight was walking up the floor on transition a few times. Getting back would have been the difference between all of those transition hoops. We had that problem early last year with Bynum and Pau lacking the effort to get back on transition.

Stop turning the ball over and we will blow these teams out the gate. Let's see how the offense runs these next few days. If its still ineffective, I bet Kobe and Nash will start running PnR a lot more, and ignoring this offense which is just getting us many many turnovers.

I guess I'll end with, "we'll see what happens".

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users