453 replies to this topic

#401 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 926 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:03 PM

I am not defending the front office. Let's say if they did make a deal and they bring in some "good" pieces... They still gotta deal with MD offense. Would it even make a difference? Chemistry would be an issue again. Nash and everybody else would have to deal with working the new teammates again. This all stanks to me. Smh

Trying to fit our players to MDA is a mistake.

We need him out ASAP, and take our time searching for the right guy to coach this team.

Edited by hotpocket, January 23, 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#402 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:07 PM

I'd rather have a new coach. But, I think it's on the front office that they didn't even try to cater the roster to D'Antoni. And, I just don't think they'll fire D'Antoni.

They signed him to a 4 year contract. They committed to him. They should've had a plan if this roster couldn't adjust to him.

Posted Image

#403 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,759 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:07 PM

Half-assed played up and down the floor, horrible coaching and rotations, and just an utter lack of any urgency at all. I only watched 5 minutes of this Memphis game, don't think I'm going to watch many more full games until there are some changes on this squad. Just not worth the investment of time or emotion at this point.

What a dud of a season. I can't recall the last time I was so disappointed with this team.

#404 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:11 PM

they didn't even try to cater the roster to D'Antoni.

they did

they kept pau: no defense
they have jamison: no defense
they have meeks: no defense
they have nash: no defense

Pau Gasol is GONE

#405 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:22 PM

they did

they kept pau: no defense
they have jamison: no defense
they have meeks: no defense
they have nash: no defense

Hah. Old, slow, big man-centric, and no 3 point shooting isn't a good D'Antoni team.

I don't think D'Antoni is great. But if they were going to commit to him, they should've been open to making the roster cater to him. That might have least gotten the Lakers to where some of his good teams were instead of in the lottery.

Posted Image

#406 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:00 PM

Catering the roster to D'Antoni's offense would mean trading Kobe, Dwight and Pau.

C - Bargnani
PF - Jamison
SF - Artest
SG - Meeks
PG - Nash

There's a D'Antoni team.

#407 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:27 PM

Catering the roster to D'Antoni's offense would mean trading Kobe, Dwight and Pau.

C - Bargnani
PF - Jamison
SF - Artest
SG - Meeks
PG - Nash

There's a D'Antoni team.

Cater more to it, but not completely I guess. Getting more athletic wings, shooters, and getting rid of Pau would've helped.

He's the wrong coach for this team, but they committed to him by giving him a 4 year contract.

Posted Image

#408 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 11:46 PM

The defense still isn't consistent enough for this team to win consistently. Against better teams, the Lakers' D during the runs that the Hornets went on costs them the game.

Posted Image

#409 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,522 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted January 30, 2013 - 10:04 PM

[expletive] man what a disaster
Even if we somehow get the 8th seed, what good is it when we can't win [expletive] on the road [expletive] man [expletive]
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#410 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,232 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted January 30, 2013 - 10:14 PM

[expletive] MAN SUPER GLUE THESE GUYS HANDS ONTO THE BALL PLEASE HOLY MOLY!!!!!! HOW MANY DAMN TIMES DO WE GET STRIPPED EVERY GAME FUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!

#411 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,093 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:22 AM

29 players this year have recorded a season high for points against these Lakers.

#412 integrate0

integrate0

Rookie

• 73 posts
  • Name:j
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:magic

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:40 AM

I'm sick of D'antoni's philosophy of "move it or shoot it."

That's completely wrong..you shouldn't just pass the basketball for the sake of passing it, or shooting it, for that matter.

Since no one knows how it move it, it seems like everyone is just shooting it.

#413 Lakerjim23

Lakerjim23

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:25 AM

I have never viewed D'antoni as a championship calibure coach. Need a coach that understands balance in all facets of the game from offense to defense, from outside shooting to playing the post and moving the ball with a purpose as apposed to shoot it or move it. I have no idea from game to game who is starting and coming off the bench. It used to be that I could just about tell you exactly when players (barring foul trouble) would be getting there break and who was coming in...I know he is searching for something to work..as long as it fits his system...The players are not the problem..His system is the problem... Uhhhhh..I can't believe I have to endure D'antoni for 3+ more years...

#414 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 08:11 PM

The Lakers won today, but man do they still have issues. I've been saying it all season and nothing has changed: This team is just incapable of playing defense on a consistent basis.

I think we're seeing more offensive problems now too. Metta and Kobe are showing the effects of wearing down throughout a season. I don't think any other teams ride older players as much as Laker teams. Other teams have old players, but they don't play as many minutes as the Lakers' old players do. Other teams' old players are either role players or are surrounded by a lot of depth to keep their minutes down. The Lakers have neither.

Honestly, I think things might get worse.

Posted Image

#415 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,280 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted February 08, 2013 - 09:51 PM

Meeehn, I want CDR back.. he has the potential to be our x factor. just like earl clark

Edited by Bjork, February 08, 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#416 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 03:31 PM

Among the other things I've already complained about: The Lakers haven't had a "big 4" all season, for whatever reason.

Dwight was better in the beginning and hasn't played great as of late. Pau was awful most of the season, then played well for a little stretch before getting injured. Nash hasn't been much of a difference maker at all even with his ok stats.

Dwight hasn't been a superstar, and Pau and Nash haven't played like all-stars. Even though they've had their moments, all haven't done what they've needed to do for the Lakers.

On all levels, this team hasn't done what they've needed to do, whether it is the FO, coaching, or roster from top to bottom. The medical staff has been awful keeping guys healthy too.

Posted Image

#417 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,417 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:42 PM

MWP needs to go

#418 leebo508

leebo508

Rookie

• 47 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 11, 2013 - 10:32 AM

Dantoni is an idiot. Doesn't realize that the players on this roster doesn't suit his system. This is a half court team. This isn't the '07 Suns.However, other than the coaching issues, the players themselves have no will at all to win. You can't coach effort and energy. It's up to the players to compete hard. Besides Kobe, they aren't playing with any heart, energy, or passion. They're just a bunch of frekkin lazy bums. Howard, Nash, and Gasol aren't superstars anymore. There never was a big 4. Kobe was the only one that played as good as he's known to be.
We tested. We battle tested. We battle tested baby! We know what we gotta do.

#419 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 926 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 13, 2013 - 04:43 PM

What kind of defensive scheme is Indiana running?

We could use some of what they got.

#420 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 04:55 PM

I keep complaining about it, but I'll never forget Mitch wanting to wait until Nash to get back to evaluate this team when I look back at this season. There may have not been moves to make, but we know Mitch wanted to wait until at least trying. I just don't understand how anybody could have looked at this team after a few games and thought this team was ok even accounting for Nash being gone.

I want him gone. He's been awful filling out the roster from top to bottom since he's been here and it really cost the Lakers this year.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users