453 replies to this topic

#381 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 21, 2013 - 10:24 PM

THIS TEAM IS TRASH! I just wanted to get that out...Thank you.

Dwight is gonna leave us, and we will be stuck with Pau...........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If Dwight leaves, this team is just going to wait for all our contracts to expire and rebuild.

That'd be sad for Kobe.

#382 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,616 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 22, 2013 - 09:52 AM

Two things:

1) Kobe is playing an insane amount of minutes AND being asked to guard the opposing teams best perimeter player. That's why his shooting percentage is down these last few games I think. Why can't we put Meeks in for 20 minutes? Give Kobe an extra 5-6 minutes on the bench and slide him over to sf with Meeks at sg occasionally. Run a few double screens for him so he can get off a few 3-pointers, he plays good enough defense and he hustles. We needed a backup sg for Kobe. We got one. A pretty decent one who is young and could be giving us some quality minutes, instead he has like 8 total minutes in the last 5 games. What the hell

2) I hate zone defense, but we can't stay in front of ANYBODY on that end of the floor. Calderon sliced us up. Jarrett Jack wrecks us every time we face him. Kirk Heinrich went off. Why don't we play a zone? It has to be better than the "defense" (if you wanna call it that) that we play now. Our pick and roll defense would still be a problem, our rotations suck. But a zone could help everywhere else. We are an inferior team, the zone is how inferior teams are able to stay competitive defensively. Worth a shot.

#383 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 22, 2013 - 10:25 AM

2) I hate zone defense, but we can't stay in front of ANYBODY on that end of the floor. Calderon sliced us up. Jarrett Jack wrecks us every time we face him. Kirk Heinrich went off. Why don't we play a zone? It has to be better than the "defense" (if you wanna call it that) that we play now. Our pick and roll defense would still be a problem, our rotations suck. But a zone could help everywhere else. We are an inferior team, the zone is how inferior teams are able to stay competitive defensively. Worth a shot.

It's nice to talk about but after every loss, our head coach talks about the offense. I thought the reputation D'Antoni had before coming to LA was just media driven but he's worse than advertised on that end of the floor. He won't make any changes to the defense.

#384 Lakerjim23

Lakerjim23

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 22, 2013 - 10:38 AM

I don't understand why everyone wants to trash Pau. The man is a 7 foot post player and one of the best in the league from that position. He is not a jump shooter. How come no one is telling Kobe to go play the center position? Because that is not what he does! The last two coaches have put him in the wrong position for him to succeed. Mike D'antoni I read now wants to go small. Really!? How many teams have won championships with that recipe? Not many. This is the wrong coach for this team and he is going to cost us Howard who will leave and Pau who mentally will check out eventually, Kobe who will have no legs pretty soon to run on and is just making him older then he already is in front of our eyes. Mitch is going to be the one to lose his job(scape goat), but I think we all know that the issue started with Jim Buss..I can deal with my beloved Lakers having there down years as all teams do and I enjoy the journey getting back to the top, but I have great concern over our front office now adays.

Edited by Lakerjim23, January 22, 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#385 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,505 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:18 PM

Soon

Posted Image

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

• 40,556 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 03:16 PM

^ :laughing: LMFAO! Is this guy serious? Pau Gasol is a 10X better player, and I'll say it again, 10X better player than Dwight Howard.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shoutout to Drazard!

Edited by    , January 22, 2013 - 03:52 PM.

yo.

#387 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,616 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 22, 2013 - 05:38 PM

^ Lol, how awesome would it be if this guy were an analyst on TWC

#388 K-Kris

K-Kris

Laker Fan

• 657 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe / Randle

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:54 PM

the lakers need to mutha[expletive]ing win. pEFKPLAWFMKPAMEMKAF'EKPRKAKPOAKOERKGE'A1

• 40,556 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:29 PM

Lol, how awesome would it be if this guy were an analyst on TWC

Would be better than Andy Adler. At least he'd be somewhat entertaining in a comedic way.

yo.

#390 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:05 PM

The Lakers have to be among the worst teams on defense in the NBA. They just have bad matchups too often that other teams can exploit. It's like some mediocre player lights up the Lakers every single game.

It's unfathomable that Mitch needed Nash to return to evaluate the team. If they thought this team was going to be ok at any point this season, I don't know what the front office was watching.

It's both the coach and the players when the defense is this awful.

Posted Image

#391 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:09 PM

Kobe doing everything, doesn't matter.

I'm done watching Lakers games until they change the offense and implement a defensive strategy. I've watched every single Lakers game since getting my vision back in 2008, but this will be my last until things change.

#392 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,712 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:15 PM

No f'n fight at all. This is pathetic. No post presents what so ever! Turn the ball over, lag on defense. Miss a jumper, lag on defense... Acting like a bunch of b******!!!!
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#393 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:16 PM

Kobe doing everything, doesn't matter.

I'm done watching Lakers games until they change the offense and implement a defensive strategy. I've watched every single Lakers game since getting my vision back in 2008, but this will be my last until things change.

I've been watching less and less. I don't mind supporting bad teams in rebuilding years.

This is just sad. It's just very hard to watch a team I had high expectations for just completely mess everything up.

Posted Image

#394 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,859 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:17 PM

i think this is the most frustrated i've ever been with the Lakers.

even more so then when we didn't make the playofs in 04-05 and the 05-06/06-07 years when we were struggling at the bottom of the playoffs (only cuz Kobe was kicking ass and taking names)

2div

#395 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,778 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:38 PM

We start the games well, end the games like [expletive].

none of them cant play defense. no one can make plays for each other, everyone isnt talking to each other.

Im going to support this team but damn i rather do something with my time

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#396 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:48 PM

This team is done.

No way we make the playoffs unless major changes are made. Even then, long shot at best.

Edited by hotpocket, January 23, 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#397 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:52 PM

I'm still mad at the front office more than anything.

The coach and roster don't mix, and the FO won't change either the coach or the roster. They shouldn't have hired him if they weren't going to be open to roster changes.

I'm not a fan of his and I know there's debate over whether his system can win or not, but they wouldn't be this awful with a team more catered to him. This bad combination makes the Lakers as horrible as they are. This team would at least be a solid playoff team with a good coach to fit this roster or a good roster to fit the coach.

Posted Image

#398 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,712 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm still mad at the front office more than anything.

The coach and roster don't mix, and the FO won't change either the coach or the roster. They shouldn't have hired him if they weren't going to be open to roster changes.

I'm not a fan of his and I know there's debate over whether his system can win or not, but they wouldn't be this awful with a team more catered to him. This bad combination makes the Lakers as horrible as they are. This team would at least be a solid playoff team with a good coach to fit this roster or a good roster to fit the coach.

I am not defending the front office. Let's say if they did make a deal and they bring in some "good" pieces... They still gotta deal with MD offense. Would it even make a difference? Chemistry would be an issue again. Nash and everybody else would have to deal with working the new teammates again. This all stanks to me. Smh
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#399 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,505 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:57 PM

:ranting: :wall: :surrender: :loopy: :help:

Edited by Chad, January 23, 2013 - 07:58 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#400 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:02 PM

I am not defending the front office. Let's say if they did make a deal and they bring in some "good" pieces... They still gotta deal with MD offense. Would it even make a difference? Chemistry would be an issue again. Nash and everybody else would have to deal with working the new teammates again. This all stanks to me. Smh

Chemistry would be an issue. But, the current roster has been playing together long enough and haven't gotten any better. So, I think it's mostly the fit.

I wanted the team to make roster changes early partly because they would have more time to build chemistry.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users