flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,439 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted January 11, 2013 - 09:43 PM

We suck
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#342 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 11, 2013 - 09:47 PM

The front office needs to take responsibility for putting together such an awful team defensively. It's the worst I've seen in a long time. The new coach and the players are both responsible when it is this awful.

Posted Image

#343 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,380 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 11, 2013 - 10:16 PM

I have never seen such poor bball from the Lakers. They not having fun, look interested... It's like a check to most of them. There's no talking amongst them.. They're heads are down...it's all bad...
Posted Image

#344 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 11, 2013 - 10:47 PM

The front office needs to take responsibility for putting together such an awful team defensively. It's the worst I've seen in a long time. The new coach and the players are both responsible when it is this awful.

There is definitely blame to go around across the board.

We need a redo, honestly.

#345 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,720 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:01 PM

couple of years ago, we were the most feared team now we're the laughing stock of the league. things change so fast

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:01 PM

yo.

#347 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:21 PM

There is definitely blame to go around across the board.

We need a redo, honestly.

I blame the front office because the Lakers' problems have been clear since the preseason. They can't play defense. For whatever reason, they chose not to do anything about it.

I knew the Lakers were in deep trouble as soon as I heard that Mitch was going to wait for Steve Nash to evaluate the Lakers as if he was going to help the Lakers defensively. I sincerely hope Mitch didn't actually think that way, because it should've been very obvious he wasn't going to help this team enough.

Posted Image

#348 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,351 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:24 PM

Posted Image

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#349 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,050 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 12, 2013 - 07:30 AM

Dare I say it here ... the Lakers look like the Clippers and the Clippers look like the Lakers. Have the equipment guys taken any blame for this, I think they switched the unis!

Debbie Downer

#350 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 10:14 AM

At this point, I'd consider letting Mitch go.

I know they got Dwight by giving up just Bynum, but he has just failed to assemble a complete team over the years. The Lakers could have been competitors the last few years if they had just gotten the right players surrounding the Lakers' core.

Even the Nash move has been pretty bad. His lack of defense has made him a net negative to the team.

Posted Image

#351 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 10:26 AM

^ Overreaction much?

#352 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 10:35 AM

^ Overreaction much?

Am I wrong though?

The support cast the Lakers have had has been horrendous the last few years. Along with hiring the wrong coach, keeping Pau for too long, and the Nash move(which also hurt the Lakers' flexibility in the future), the Lakers FO has just been bad.

Their good moves have been really good moves, but you ultimately need to be able to put together a roster and a coach that works.

Posted Image

#353 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 01:50 PM

Am I wrong though?

The support cast the Lakers have had has been horrendous the last few years. Along with hiring the wrong coach, keeping Pau for too long, and the Nash move(which also hurt the Lakers' flexibility in the future), the Lakers FO has just been bad.

Their good moves have been really good moves, but you ultimately need to be able to put together a roster and a coach that works.

When we started the season did you think we would be this bad?

I'm going to bet that's a no. No one did. On paper, this team was good enough to win. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. We've been in a win now mode which has led to some rash decisions and bad contracts, but sometimes that's the price you pay. Our team is a superstar modeled team. When you have that, you don't have as much money for the supporting cast. That's the case with us. Do you realize how far over the cap we are? It's not easy to find players who are cheap and consistently overachieve their contracts.

Mitch did not make the ultimate decision to hire Brown or MDA, so don't pin that on him. Oh, and Pau? Yeah, Mitch did trade him. We got screwed though. There have been a culmination of errors, but getting rid of Mitch is not the answer. He's a good GM. This season is a bust, but they are not going to just sit back and let this be. Might not make any big moves till the offseason, but there will be change.

#354 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 12, 2013 - 02:25 PM

Wow I just remembered they are paying about 180million with luxury tax to lose...
haha nice.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#355 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,050 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 12, 2013 - 02:28 PM

^ I did not remotely think that the team would be this bad, good point.

But I DID forsee that the day was not far away when the combination of age, non-commitment to defense, injuries, mulitple bloated salaries/ no cap space and lack of draft picks would catch up with this group. Mitch clearly created that situation.

When you build an investment portfolio, you diversify and "ladder" to reduce risk and create continuity. Good sports teams do something similar ... they mix a couple stars with servicable vets with younger players. Mitch has never done that.

This situation has been building for a number of years, the bubble just burst soooner than I thought.

Debbie Downer

#356 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 12, 2013 - 02:41 PM

I'm going to bet that's a no. No one did.

*raises hand*

It's really easy too. Inferior coaching and keeping Pau Gasol would make any team bad

Pau Gasol is GONE

#357 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 12, 2013 - 02:43 PM

Imagine our team with CP3, Dwight, and Kobe..

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#358 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'm going to bet that's a no. No one did. On paper, this team was good enough to win. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. We've been in a win now mode which has led to some rash decisions and bad contracts, but sometimes that's the price you pay. Our team is a superstar modeled team. When you have that, you don't have as much money for the supporting cast. That's the case with us. Do you realize how far over the cap we are? It's not easy to find players who are cheap and consistently overachieve their contracts.

Mitch did not make the ultimate decision to hire Brown or MDA, so don't pin that on him. Oh, and Pau? Yeah, Mitch did trade him. We got screwed though. There have been a culmination of errors, but getting rid of Mitch is not the answer. He's a good GM. This season is a bust, but they are not going to just sit back and let this be. Might not make any big moves till the offseason, but there will be change.

I didn't think they were going to be bad before the season, but they had flaws that reared their ugly head very early. Those should've been very fixable with the right change at coach and the right roster moves. Instead, Mitch reportedly insisted on Nash getting back before even considering making moves and made an awful hire at head coach.

Mitch has been awful at getting good supporting players over the years. It's not a money issue. They've just spent that money on bad players like Steve Blake and Josh McRoberts. There are solid players to be had with the MLE and the vet's minimum each year.

Posted Image

#359 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,523 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 12, 2013 - 05:44 PM

At this point, I'd consider letting Mitch go.

I know they got Dwight by giving up just Bynum, but he has just failed to assemble a complete team over the years. The Lakers could have been competitors the last few years if they had just gotten the right players surrounding the Lakers' core.

Even the Nash move has been pretty bad. His lack of defense has made him a net negative to the team.

lol....just stop

#360 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 08:51 PM

The difference between the Spurs and the Lakers that last 3 seasons is that the Spurs have been able to get a solid supporting cast around their core. The Lakers' core is better than theirs, but the Lakers have just been that bad putting together a supporting cast. That's what the Lakers have consistently been bad at. They've also hired 2 straight bad coaches.

That plus all the mistakes the Lakers have made this season have made me really question the entire FO. They've been horribly mismanaged this season.

Edited by Japago, January 12, 2013 - 08:52 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users