453 replies to this topic

#241 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 09, 2012 - 04:32 AM

I know this isn't a good way to look to judge teams. But, it's still concerning how the bad some of the teams the Lakers lost against are. Looking at NBA results daily, some of those teams have looked just awful.

The Lakers should have been able to win some of those games based on talent alone.

Yup!!! But chemistry is No Joke. Look at the Knicks. They have (some) talent but they are kciking major ASS. Heck, look at Golden State also. Minute Management and Time will improve this team but if chemistry doesn't happen, none of this will matter. I heard they all went to the movies together, I wonder if Kobe and MWP were there???

#242 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 09, 2012 - 08:58 PM

No defense

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#243 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:27 PM

Crap team lol.
Laker fan for life.

#244 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:39 PM

I said this already in the game thread but if I were Mitch, Jim, or Mike, I'd call a team meeting and rip a new one in every player including Kobe. This is getting beyond pathetic.

Posted Image

#245 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,458 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:47 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#246 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:54 PM

Im so pissed off right now we're doing well on offense, bench is been amazing, 3 point shooting rock solid, offense overall most of the key players have been productive...the defense is non extent. Kobe is not playing D, Howard is not rebounding well (we let Jazz rebound 42 of their damn misses). Ron didn't bring any intensity. Its not like they're making the wrong rotations and there is miscommunication, there is NO communication, theres no cohesiveness on that end of the floor.

I still have hope in this team if you can score as much as we do we'll be fine but they're pissing me off that they're not buckling down and getting the stops when they needed to. A rebound when they need to.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#247 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 10:02 PM

Kobe and MWP 64 minutes combined 0 rebounds wow

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#248 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 11:47 PM

MDI what? lol. They got 16 offensive rebounds not 42. I had to actually go check that in the boxscore because it sounded beyond absurd haha.

I still want to see this team at FULL strength. Diwght 100%, Pau 100% and Nash 100%. Till then we are going to continue to lose because the bench was never built to be strong. This team is built around its 4 big names doing all the work and them carrying us to winning.
Laker fan for life.

#249 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 09, 2012 - 11:51 PM

Posted Image

Are you serious right now? Mike isn't the problem. It's not his fault his players are clueless when it comes to rebounding the ball, defending the perimeter, and taking care of the basketball.
htCCl0m.png

#250 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 10, 2012 - 12:51 AM

I've seen enough. The Lakers need to make roster moves.

Posted Image

#251 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 03:34 AM

Last night I saw size make a difference. I saw us being dominated by bigger front court players when Dwight was off the floor and I saw 7 footers shoot over us when Dwight was in the game. I also saw our small forwards totally unable to stay in front of anybody. I'm really beginning to think MWP's defense is a little overrated. Letting players like Matt Barnes and Shannon Brown go was stupid. We don't seem to have any defense first guys left. Especially Coach Antoni. I know I left off the D. He doesn't derserve any D in his name. Jordan Hill played his heart out and got No Help. I really don't understand how this could happen with Kobe, J Hill, MWP and D12 all on one team. Let's start the official Hire Kurt Rambis as an Assistant Coach thread. I wonder if Mike Brown is laughing his ass off

Edited by lakersince75, December 10, 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#252 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,723 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted December 10, 2012 - 07:34 AM

Are you serious right now? Mike isn't the problem. It's not his fault his players are clueless when it comes to rebounding the ball, defending the perimeter, and taking care of the basketball.

yes it is.
Posted Image

#253 Lakerjim23

Lakerjim23

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 10, 2012 - 07:41 AM

He is the Coach. Yes, it is his fault. I have read (if reports are true) he doesn't concern himself enough with the defensive end in practice.

#254 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 07:58 AM

So, D'Antoni has no blame in this?? So why the Hell did Mike Brown get FIRED?? While I agree it's not all his fault (because its hard to get a bunch of old slow guys to play transition D) there is no way he can't take ownership of the defense when history shows any team he has coached has had defensive issues. He should swallow his pride and bring in Kurt Rambis or someone who can get the team to buy into defense.

#255 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted December 10, 2012 - 09:23 AM

WATCHING THEM PLAY MAKES ME WANNA THROW MY TV OUT THE WINDOW! GAWD THEY ARE FKN HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

*whew* now i feel a lot better =)

#256 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,631 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted December 10, 2012 - 09:52 AM

Good morning. The Lakers are bad. I don't like waking up to a world in which a team with this much talent sucks so much. Please basketball gods, help this team find a spark, an edge, some hustle, some transition defense, less turnovers, more effort, and some mothaflippin' wins. Gracias.

#257 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,982 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 10, 2012 - 09:52 AM

I am not blaming anything on Mike D'antoni buuuuuuut I will say that under Bernie B. the Lakers looked active, were have a lot of fun and it was exciting watching them ball. Now it's just hard to watch them. As Kobe walked off the court after losing, he was just shaking his head. He was the first one gone too.
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#258 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted December 10, 2012 - 11:08 AM

I don't know why you guys are giving Kobe slack. He walked off the court expressionless and pissed off at his teammates BUT he had just as many defensive lapses as anyone else. He let Marvin Williams get 2 put backs. He let that DeMarre guy get 2 offensive boards. He left Hayward wide open multiple times. Kobe isn't playing defense.

Posted Image

#259 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 10, 2012 - 11:49 PM

MDI what? lol. They got 16 offensive rebounds not 42. I had to actually go check that in the boxscore because it sounded beyond absurd haha.

I still want to see this team at FULL strength. Diwght 100%, Pau 100% and Nash 100%. Till then we are going to continue to lose because the bench was never built to be strong. This team is built around its 4 big names doing all the work and them carrying us to winning.

LOL like that will actually matter.

#260 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 11, 2012 - 06:33 PM

People have blamed about D'Antoni and Kobe for the Lakers' defensive problems. D'Antoni is the last coach you would expect to create good defensive schemes and Kobe roams around too much.

But, it starts with your main perimeter defender and that's Metta. It's shocking that nobody has been complaining about him. His need for help is the main culprit for all of this IMO.

The Lakers always help on each possession because he needs help. If he were more reliable, players could stay at home and would have a much easier job on defense.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users