453 replies to this topic

#221 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 28, 2012 - 05:57 PM

10 turnovers are bad, but who was Kobe going to pass it to?

They probably would've been more misses that would have led to more easy opportunities for the other team in transition anyway.

Posted Image

#222 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 08:53 PM

The same old song and dance.

It's not just Pau on defense. Kobe and Metta are terrible too. They can't keep anybody in front of them anymore. Without Dwight, the Lakers would be absolutely pathetic on defense.

Before solving help D problems, the Lakers need to solve perimeter D problems. Help D shouldn't be needed in the first place nearly as much as it has been.

Posted Image

#223 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 02, 2012 - 09:07 PM

Im not going to say anythign but
"shake my [expletive]en head"
Laker fan for life.

#224 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 09:12 PM

I made a topic a year ago saying that I thought the Lakers should consider completely blow it up and start rebuilding since it looked impossible to put together a winning team even with roster moves.

If Dwight gives signs he wants out, I think the Lakers should consider doing that.

Posted Image

#225 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,417 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 02, 2012 - 09:55 PM

Kobe just deceided not to play defense and cry like a lil [expletive] to the refs....

#226 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,413 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 10:53 PM

I have nothing to say about this team really.

Major bummer, dude.

MMiRi9s.png

#227 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 03, 2012 - 02:00 AM

I've already lost the faith on this team. I don't want to keep watching these terrible Lakers. Wake me up if they hit a 10-game winning streak. This is even more frustrating than soccer.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#228 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,285 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:56 PM

I....Can't....Go....On.....Go....Without.....Me.....uggghhh. :faint:

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#229 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:59 PM

The Lakers' old guys can't keep up with the other team's young guys.

Easy as that.

Posted Image

#230 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,897 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:35 PM

The turnovers should be cleaned up once Nash gets back, and he should also be able to get Howard easier baskets, and by extension, that means Kobe won't have to do as much. However, the lack of perimeter speed hurts this team. Just have to hope Howard can make up for a lot of that later in the season.

#231 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,292 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:02 PM

Why kobe doesn't get more rest? He should play 30 mins at most, not 37 or 40
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#232 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,417 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:28 PM

Kobe stops playing defense again at the end of the game.

#233 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 952 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:23 AM

On rocket forums they have postgame quotes of Kobe and Dwight kinda taking jabs at each other.... are they true?

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#234 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 05, 2012 - 02:07 AM

Listen the Lakers are clearly struggling on the defense side of the ball. That's why they're losing games. However I really believe it's just a lack of effort. I don't think you really need great individual defenders to be successful, but you definitely need great team defense. That's the issue right now. As a team we're just not playing with alot of effort and intensity defensively. What's really frustrating is we've really played down to the competition. Really seven of the ten losses are to teams we should've dismantled. A Dirk less Mavs team, Portland, Utah, Sacramento, Granger less Indiana team, Orlando, and tonight Houston. Sometimes when you're a really talented team you just think it's gonna be easy and you don't have to play hard against those lesser teams. These guys just gotta play harder and if they do that they'll play better and start winning.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, December 05, 2012 - 02:08 AM.

htCCl0m.png

#235 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,417 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 09:22 AM

So many threads......

And I thought it was because we were "overrated". lol stop making so many reaction threads

#236 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted December 05, 2012 - 09:28 AM

How many threads does this guy start a day?
Posted Image

#237 Lakerjim23

Lakerjim23

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 05, 2012 - 10:28 AM

At the end of the day, I don't believe the players are the significant issue. Don't get me wrong the team could play better and Howard could hit more FT's, but it appears to me that the system that is being implemented does not fit the players. There are coaches who look at the personnel and adjust the system to them and there are coaches who force a system on to the players. At the end of the day this is an older team, running up and down the court is not going to be there strength for a full season. We think OKC kicked their tails before. What happens near the end of the season when their legs are more worn down and need to play OKC. There are going to get blown away playing like this. You have two seven footers, one who is an excellent low post player who is not being used to his strengths, another big in Jordan Hill sitting on the bench that prior to D’antoni getting there was contributing and giving energy off the bench. We were winning with Berney Bickerstaff (old school) coaching the team. Defense needs to be a priority. You should be able to count on defense because its effort. Offense takes touch and that touch can be off from day to day. As the old saying goes Defense wins Championships. I have great concern about our coach. I would have preferred an old school type of coach. Nate Mcmillen, Jerry Sloan etc. Entertaining basketball is great, but Championship basketball is better.

#238 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,358 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 08, 2012 - 06:31 AM

I've been saying since day one that it's going to take about 25 games to figure this thing out. I don't see why everyone is freaking out. Again, Miami didn't win the first year they put it together. Boston did but haven't won since. I know one thing for sure, we can't afford to lose anymore size and length. Nash isn't going to help our defense and Blake isn't better on D than Morris nor does he play as well as Duhan has be playing. D'Antoni HAS to find a way to keep minutes per player down. IMO Blake and MWP or Blake, Sacre and Ebanks need to be traded for a Role Playing X Factor. We need a long 6'8" or 6'9" athletic wing player. We could also use a Bruiser like Greg Monroe or Perkins. I would also like us to have a true BALLER like Ben Gordon or Wilson Chandler. Not stars, just BALLERS. I would also consider hiring Kurt Rambis or Michael Cooper as an assistant. One more thing. I was crusified for wanting KG for Pau this off season. Food For Thought

#239 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,682 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted December 08, 2012 - 08:43 PM

^ kg for pau. i would LOVE THAT

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#240 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted December 08, 2012 - 11:43 PM

I know this isn't a good way to look to judge teams. But, it's still concerning how the bad some of the teams the Lakers lost against are. Looking at NBA results daily, some of those teams have looked just awful.

The Lakers should have been able to win some of those games based on talent alone.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users