33bkfif.jpg

#182 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:06 PM

Kobe has really been the only source of consistent offense on this team. The 2nd highest scorer(Dwight) had 13 points. It's pathetic.

Posted Image

#183 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:42 PM

Kobe has really been the only source of consistent offense on this team. The 2nd highest scorer(Dwight) had 13 points. It's pathetic.

Ur right.
Wth would we look like without Kobe.
Well I'm sure it will all change when dantoni gets here.

I loved our effort on D tonight tho
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#184 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,691 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:44 PM

I feel like Dwight will be scoring much easier when Nash comes back. Right now, everyone's having problems giving the ball to Dwight in the post. It seems like it's a turnover every other time they try to give it to him. Nash will get it to him easily, and D'Antoni will set something up to have Dwight scoring more.

I'm not worried about that. I didn't expect to come close this game honestly. The fact that we lost at the horn tells me we should have won, and probably will next time.

#185 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:17 PM

Not really much to complain about quite honestly. The Spurs are arguably the best team in the league right now and we nearly beat them without Steve Nash and a head coach. If anything it's encouraging how much we've improved. Once the Lakers get Nash back and develop some chemistry they're gonna be scary good.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, November 13, 2012 - 11:17 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#186 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:21 PM

I feel like Dwight will be scoring much easier when Nash comes back. Right now, everyone's having problems giving the ball to Dwight in the post. It seems like it's a turnover every other time they try to give it to him. Nash will get it to him easily, and D'Antoni will set something up to have Dwight scoring more.

I'm not worried about that. I didn't expect to come close this game honestly. The fact that we lost at the horn tells me we should have won, and probably will next time.

Exactly my thoughts. I actually think that Kobe's passing has been pretty good these fast few games, especially tonight. But outside of Kobe, there wasn't much interior passing. Jodie Meeks needs to realize what his role is, and that is to stand on the perimeter and space the floor. When Nash comes back it will open up many opportunities for not only Dwight but Pau and the bench. The one guy that I see benefiting the most is Jamison. I think he will be very productive with Nash back and in D'Antoni's offense.

#187 AmishGuy91

AmishGuy91

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Name:Wes
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 14, 2012 - 05:26 AM

Last night's game to me clearly showed the difference between a well-coached team and a team whose front-office hasn't taken the role of coach seriously. The Spurs were hard-working, fluid, and executed their game plan very well. The Lakers, while having superior talent to the Spurs, were often clumsy, confused, and bone-headed. Let's hope Dantoni can turn this around but I have my doubts.

Edited by AmishGuy91, November 14, 2012 - 05:26 AM.

#188 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 02:28 AM

Houston should be a win. But, we'll see how much this team has improved starting with Brooklyn on Tuesday, which starts off a 4 games in 5 nights stretch. 2 of those teams aren't very good, but the Lakers usually have problems in Sacramento and they already lost to Dallas.

If the Lakers take at least 3 on the 4 in 5 stretch, I'll be a little more confident in them heading forward.

Edited by Japago, November 18, 2012 - 02:30 AM.

Posted Image

#189 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,565 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:28 PM

I remember in the preseason, everyone was talking about how the lakers would start the season...

People were saying,

"Its okay if we start slow and are 8-2 or 7-3"

And i scoffed and said...
Hows 5-5 sound..
I did not believe it myself...

But, if thats what it took for Mike brown to be gone, it was worth it

#190 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Kobe has really been the only source of consistent offense on this team.

I really wonder when the rest are going to be able to perform consistently.

Posted Image

#191 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:38 PM

Road b2bs are hard no matter who you are. Kobe played great, but still turned it over a ton. The rest of the team was just dragging out there. I don't think this was about effort or coaching...it was about fatigue and starters on a b2b after tough game the night before where they played 40 mins.

People who rip Pau...should be fair and rip Dwight too. Both were wearing concrete boots out there. Or just acknowledge the obvious, the team was dead tired and lacks the quality depth needed to properly pace the starters.
Posted Image

#192 nmacias

nmacias

Rookie

• 43 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:43 PM

Bench is garbage therefore it's impossible to give starters good rest. Very inconsistent it is.

#193 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,564 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 21, 2012 - 11:12 PM

Would have liked to see more Hill/Jamison tonight and less Pau/Dwight if fatigue was the case. Kobe balled, didn't seem to slow him down. He's wired a little differently though I think. Disappointing loss tonight still, it's frustrating to watch such a talented team get smoked defensively.

#194 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 11:16 PM

Oh yeah, I mentioned this in the gameday thread today:

The Lakers are just too slow at every position to play good defense consistently. Metta, Kobe, and whoever the PG is need to be able to keep up with their guy some of the time without help, but can't. The help defense of Pau and Dwight are both bad right now, but Dwight will probably improve as he gets healthier. Still, that's not nearly enough.

I just don't see how that will change without roster moves.

Posted Image

#195 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 08:53 AM

Would have liked to see more Hill/Jamison tonight and less Pau/Dwight if fatigue was the case. Kobe balled, didn't seem to slow him down. He's wired a little differently though I think. Disappointing loss tonight still, it's frustrating to watch such a talented team get smoked defensively.

With Hill and Jamison, we struggle as well, Jamison is old and inconsistent, while HIll is high energy, but low skill. We probably lose worse with those two playing more minutes.
Posted Image

#196 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 08:57 AM

Bench is garbage therefore it's impossible to give starters good rest. Very inconsistent it is.

I think Pringles will get the bench sorted out pretty soon...it might be biggest impact fix possible, he's going to need to do it by expanding the rotation though. We need more subs to soak up some of the extra minutes being played by the starters.
Posted Image

#197 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 06:58 PM

You know what's funny? How everyone is blaming Pau, but no one is saying anything about how terrible Dwight has been. On both ends.
Posted Image

#198 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 23, 2012 - 07:00 PM

DH just got here. Pau has been stank [expletive] for at least two years now

Look at DH's season numbers...now look at Pau's...yeh

Pau Gasol is GONE

#199 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 23, 2012 - 07:18 PM

:phil: anyone?
Posted Image

#200 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 07:26 PM

Everything is too easy for the other team. Pau has been on the bench during crunch time, but the other team still got everything they wanted.

He's the worst, but it's not just on him. The Lakers need athletic defenders.

Posted Image

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users