218 replies to this topic

#161 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 29, 2012 - 08:23 AM

No...Delonte is a decent player but he's also Bi-Polar. We already have one of those on our team and we don't have enough therapists on staff to corral another.

Who cares, he is medicated and will be fine.

Sign the guy, let Blake be the 5-6th guard, let Morris go and trade Duhon.

#162 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 29, 2012 - 08:34 AM

Who cares, he is medicated and will be fine.

Sign the guy, let Blake be the 5-6th guard, let Morris go and trade Duhon.

If only it was that easy.

#163 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,889 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 29, 2012 - 10:13 AM

No need to take on a possible headache/distraction.

The juice is not worth the squeeze.

If we were talking OJ Mayo, yes.

#164 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 29, 2012 - 10:28 AM

No need to take on a possible headache/distraction.

The juice is not worth the squeeze.

If we were talking OJ Mayo, yes.

:laughing:
Posted Image

#165 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,359 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 29, 2012 - 12:41 PM

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter
The @dallasmavs have waived G Delonte West. He was suspended twice this month for conduct detrimental to the team.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#166 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 29, 2012 - 03:34 PM

waived? no buyout? for sure? .... waivers? :eh:

#167 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,193 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:57 AM

If any of our Lakers was suspended(let's say Bynum for example) let's say Bynum was coming off his monster year and then got suspended twice during PRE-SEASON people would be calling for his head and asking Mitch to trade him and saying he isn't worth the headache(despite any numbers he'd put up) but when it's a person that's not a Laker some fans seem willing to ignore all of it and say "Just get them on this team!"

I guarantee you if he ever became a Laker we'd get 5 threads a day about the problems he's causing and people would be asking us to get rid of him.

Gotta take off the glasses sometimes and stop saying "oh he puts up stats! lets get him!"

If people are gonna gonna be so critical of someone that's on the team that some of them can't even cross the street without someone on the forum saying they didn't walk across fast enough to trade them, yet they'll be the same person on the forum begging us to sign someone that got suspended twice in "pre-season" of all places and then was waived by the team. Where does the critical analysis go? Does it only happen when people sign? Well GM's can't afford to think like that

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#168 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:00 AM

I like Delonte as a player, was very underrated back in Cleveland...but I don't think he could handle a backup PG role in an offense that will limit him greatly. He would be asked to play defense and hit open shots, but he wouldn't see as much time here as he would have back in Dallas, and while I'm fine with thinking he could make it here if given an opportunity, I would feel much better if the coach was Phil Jackson.

• 40,604 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:01 AM

^ So Brown's history & familiarity with West in Cleveland doesn't give you any comfort at all whatsoever?

yo.

#170 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:09 AM

I like Delonte as a player, was very underrated back in Cleveland...but I don't think he could handle a backup PG role in an offense that will limit him greatly. He would be asked to play defense and hit open shots, but he wouldn't see as much time here as he would have back in Dallas, and while I'm fine with thinking he could make it here if given an opportunity, I would feel much better if the coach was Phil Jackson.

i think Delonte would have a great opportunity here. our 2nd unit's offense is so predictable because no one can penetrate, this is exactly where we need Delonte. and with minutes, Nash should sit almost 20 mins a game so he can rest for the playoffs. so Delonte can get 15 minutes guaranteed at the backup 1, and he could possibly get some minutes at the backup 2, when the one dimensional Meeks isnt hitting from 3..

you dont think the 2nd unit could use a player who can penetrate? if Delonte was our starting PG, i think THAT would limit him, but our 2nd unit could use another scorer..

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, October 30, 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#171 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,193 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:11 AM

^ So Brown's history & familiarity with West in Cleveland doesn't give you any comfort at all whatsoever?

It's more to do with the offense we're running. In Cleveland it was a very different offense and we'd ask West to do different than he was asked in Cleveland.
It's not as simplistic as people make it, our offense doesn't particularly fit his style.

Edited by Majesty, October 30, 2012 - 11:11 AM.

• 40,604 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:12 AM

At the end of the day, can't be too picky. Bottomline is he would help us both offensively and defensively so much more than Steve Blake it's not even funny. Outside of the slight risk with his MWP-like non normal behavior at times, it's a no-brainer. Not to mention he's shown the ability to not only take big shot in big moments, but often make them. He's got the clutch gene in him. Something not every player obviously has nor is comfortable with.

yo.

#173 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:13 AM

It's more to do with the offense we're running. In Cleveland it was a very different offense and we'd ask West to do different than he was asked in Cleveland.
It's not as simplistic as people make it, our offense doesn't particularly fit his style.

it doesnt look like the offense fits any good style right now, for the 2nd unit. we werent scoring well, i think any offense needs play makers off the dribble,,,,,, our 2nd unit looks like a high school team running that offense...

#174 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,193 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:17 AM

it doesnt look like the offense fits any good style right now, for the 2nd unit. we werent scoring well, i think any offense needs play makers off the dribble,,,,,, our 2nd unit looks like a high school team running that offense...

Last 2 games that our bench unit has been set they've actually scored rather well. Having Hill back has a lot to do with that actually.

Without Hill our bench doesn't click as well but as Jodie Meeks has put it "once the bench positions are complete we'll be fine."

Pretty much once each spot is secured they will get into more of a groove. Jodie is gonna be the backup 2 off the bench and Ebanks shall be the backup 3 and at times will be the 2 when we're playing Hill and Howard/Gasol out there at the same time. But when its a lineup with Blake, Meeks and Ebanks we'll likely see Jamison at the 4 in that setup.

We got a lot of "combo's" so we gotta play them in different situations.

But once the bench gets the hang of the units we'll be running(and there's so many combinations we CAN run) then things will click, but having Hill there(rather than Sacre) helps our bench tremendously.

#175 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,294 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:28 AM

Bringing West would be retarded. We are not that desperate.

#176 soooobased

soooobased

llama

• 226 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Fisher

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:30 AM

Bringing West would be retarded. We are not that desperate.

So you'd rather let Steve "Garbage" Blake, get 20 minutes?
Posted Image
Props to fkMikeBrown

#177 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,193 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:36 AM

So you'd rather let Steve "Garbage" Blake, get 20 minutes?

Blake fits the system better to be honest.

#178 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:38 AM

Blake fits the system better to be honest.

blake doesnt fit any system, mannnnnnnnnnnn.

#179 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,193 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:56 AM

blake doesnt fit any system, mannnnnnnnnnnn.

Dude, take off the hater goggles.

Don't understand why some fans refuse to believe that a Laker they don't like is doing well. Don't be a Steve Blake hater before you're a Laker fan.

Blake does fit the system better specifically for what is asked from him. West considering what he can do would be limited in terms of his role and it would make no sense to pay him money to do that when we wouldn't be asking him to do half of what he can and he wouldn't get the minutes he got in Dallas either.

Blake fits the system better with what's asked and has actually been playing well. Stop blindly hating Blake just cause you don't like him. He's a Laker now and he's actually been doing well, so blindly hating him and ignoring when he actually does well is doing nothing to support your team.

I loathed Karl Malone with a passion and wished nothing but the worst for him career wise especially with the things he said about Magic Johnson. But when he was a Laker I gritted my teeth and supported when he did well, because he was on my favorite team. I still don't like the guy, but I supported the success he did have on the Lakers because at that point it didn't matter.

Blake has underachieved his 2 years here, but when he plays well I'm gonna acknowledge it I'm not gonna sit and say "yeah but he sucked for 2 years! So I'm not gonna root now that he actually seems to have found himself" that's just stupid. Why even complain that a guy has been playing bad if you're just gonna keep complaining when they are finally playing good?

If Blake had a good year a majority of people would say "it doesn't make up for terrible years" um.. yes it does, because we aren't living in 2 years ago, if Blake has a good year this year it is another piece that helps us toward a title and that's all where people's minds should be, not on two years ago, but right now, and right now he's playing well and it helps our team, so that's all that matters at this point in time.

And it makes no sense to pay Delonte West extra money to come here and do 30% what he's capable for less minutes than he got in Dallas. . Especially now that we have a full roster and the bench is finally starting to get their roles set.

Edited by Majesty, October 30, 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#180 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 12:02 PM

Dude, take off the hater goggles.

Don't understand why some fans refuse to believe that a Laker they don't like is doing well. Don't be a Steve Blake hater before you're a Laker fan.

Blake does fit the system better specifically for what is asked from him. West considering what he can do would be limited in terms of his role and it would make no sense to pay him money to do that when we wouldn't be asking him to do half of what he can and he wouldn't get the minutes he got in Dallas either.

Blake fits the system better with what's asked and has actually been playing well. Stop blindly hating Blake just cause you don't like him. He's a Laker now and he's actually been doing well, so blindly hating him and ignoring when he actually does well is doing nothing to support your team.

imo our 2nd unit needs another scoring punch, this opinion is actually the consensus - so, i want Delonte--- its simple .

also fyi, im not a blake hater. he made me a fan last season before his injury, he was shooting GREAT. BUT for THIS 2nd unit, Delonte is the better fit, actually.

i wish we would have went after Bosa or Delonte to be our 2nd unit PG, instead of signing a 2 in Meeks. Blake is a spot up shooter, he could do what Meeks is being asked to do for this team(blake hater?).. the 2nd unit needs a scorer who can create..

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, October 30, 2012 - 12:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users