iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,533 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 25, 2012 - 06:08 PM

watch him have 20+ nights

i hope he does, i want mike brown* to feel stupid

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, October 25, 2012 - 06:08 PM.

"The West aint close, now that the LAL got Dwight, who gon stop him on OKC!????" - Chris Webber (nba tv -August)

Big 4s are OVERRATED. you think Nash/Kobe/Dwight cant carry the whole Offensive load!?
(Peace Pau we need pieces, not MettaWorldPieces!!!!!!!!)

#63 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,369 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 06:09 PM

Dumbest cut in a while. Should have never made it. Goudelock and Morris are actually scrubs who wouldn't even break rotation on the bobcats

I honestly hate both players. I wish we'd cut ties and just relieve ourselves of that useless trash
Posted Image

#64 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 25, 2012 - 06:11 PM

Yea I didn't get why we cut CDR but I only watched one full pre season games so i figured he did terrible in all the rest or something

#65 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 06:13 PM

i hope he does, i want mike brown* to feel stupid

Which he won't because no one is going to sign him, and by the way he's going to d-league till we can open a spot for him. Well we were before Dallas got to him, but he won't get off the bench anyways so he's not threat to us.

Edited by larry14r, October 25, 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#66 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,369 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 06:24 PM

Yea I didn't get why we cut CDR but I only watched one full pre season games so i figured he did terrible in all the rest or something

I didn't watch most either. But I sure saw a lot of DNPs for CDR

They screwed him over
Posted Image

#67 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 25, 2012 - 08:09 PM

Even though West is nuttier than squirrel turds, the Lakers should sign him ASAP. We have absolutely no one off the bench who can create their own shot or drive into the lane to setup teammates for easy buckets. Blake is a spot-shooter who can neither shoot, pass, or defend, while Duhon is a little better defensively but even worse shooter than Blake. I like Morris' potential but everytime the kid gets PT he looks out of control and turnover prone. Without a capable backup point, teams are going to start pressuring us full court, which would only lead to more turnovers and hurried shots. A line-up of West, Meeks, Ebanks, Jamison, and J Hill would be a huge improvement of what he have now, both offensively and defensively. Good thing is he's only making the vet minimum so if he starts acting up we can always cut him.

P.S. We should have never let CDR go, I blame Mike Brown for not playing him enough in the preseason

#68 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted October 25, 2012 - 08:31 PM

Arguing over agroup of dudes who should be in D league,Barbosa is a better choice or get AI since we're reaching. lol

#69 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,536 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 25, 2012 - 08:32 PM

Arguing over agroup of dudes who should be in D league,Barbosa is a better choice or get AI since we're reaching. lol

hes with the C's

#70 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,870 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 09:00 PM

http://espn.go.com/d...cks-source-said

DALLAS -- Suspended guard Delonte West will not return to the Dallas Mavericks, a source said.

The team is in the process of negotiating terms of West's departure with his agent, Dan Fegan, after the fiery guard was suspended Thursday for conduct detrimental to the team. It was the second time the team suspended West in two weeks, although the first suspension lasted only 21 hours, ending after West met with coach Rick Carlisle and president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson.

The source said both suspensions stemmed from frequent behavioral missteps by West, an eight-year veteran who was a valuable role player for the Mavs last season, averaging 9.6 points and 3.2 assists while playing tenacious defense at both guard spots.

When reached by ESPNDallas.com on Thursday morning, West said he was being blamed for an argument between teammates after the Mavs' 88-76 exhibition loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night in Wichita, Kan. He said he got a text Thursday morning telling him not to come to the American Airlines Center for practice.

"There was an argument between two teammates in the locker room last night that didn't involve me," said West, who had two points, one assist and three turnovers in 21 minutes against the Thunder. "Somehow I'm being blamed for it. I had nothing to do with it. I don't know what's going on."

Mavs management was concerned about West's influence on the young players on the roster, the source said. There was a strong feeling that West could not contain his frustration over being signed to a one-year, veteran-minimum contract for the second consecutive season and being part of a logjam among reserve guards.

The options the team and Fegan are discussing include giving West a buyout, waiving him or reaching a mutual decision to part ways, in which West would be free to sign with another team but would not be paid by the Mavs.

The Mavs could also continue West's suspension without pay, but they would like to have an open roster spot after claiming center Eddy Curry off waivers and agreeing to non-guaranteed deals with swingman Chris Douglas-Roberts and center/forward Melvin Ely on Thursday.

West indicated on Twitter earlier Thursday that he didn't expect to return to Dallas.

"If I'm not what u lookin 4 ....That's fine...just dont kick me in my ass on the way out the door....I didn't do anything to deserve that..." West tweeted, followed two minutes later by: "I love the city of Dallas..I love playin in the NBA...no I'm not off my meds...no I ain't on no bipolar trip...this real people lives....And it just ain't right..imma leave it at that..no ill will towards no one...I'm just sittin here across from the arena wit tear in my eyes."

Carlisle addressed his team briefly about West's suspension before Thursday's practice but declined to discuss it with the media, referring to a statement the team released saying it would have no further comment on the issue.

"We're losing a competitor," said Vince Carter, who planned to call his friend. "That's just plain and simple. He's a competitor. We all know that. You just hate to see everybody going through their differences, because that's one guy you can rely on."

Carlisle had suspended West for conduct detrimental to the team Oct. 15 after a locker-room outburst. The Mavericks reinstated West less than 24 hours later after he met with Carlisle and Nelson.

The team would not elaborate on the outburst at that time.

"There was an outstanding issue, and we needed to talk about it," Carlisle said after the initial suspension. "He needed to refocus, and he's in the process of doing that. It's going to be work. It's going to be daily work for him to do that, and I've got to help him and our organization is going to help him, too. It's not that big a deal."

West has had run-ins with the law in the past and revealed in 2009 that he suffers from bipolar disorder. He was suspended for the first 10 games of the 2010-11 season after pleading guilty to weapons charges in Maryland. Authorities say he was carrying three loaded guns and a knife when he was stopped for speeding on a three-wheel motorcycle in 2009.

Edited by MDI, October 25, 2012 - 09:00 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#71 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted October 25, 2012 - 09:52 PM

Sign him. I'd rather have crazy Delonte West than the [expletive]ty trio of Blake, Duhon and Morris. Those three combined would barely be an adequate PG. Having a lead guard off the bench actually capable of nightly production would make a world of difference.

#72 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,846 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 25, 2012 - 10:06 PM

Dumbest cut in a while. Should have never made it. Goudelock and Morris are actually scrubs who wouldn't even break rotation on the bobcats

I honestly hate both players. I wish we'd cut ties and just relieve ourselves of that useless trash

if the Lakers keep a 14 man roster and Sacre is the 14th guy will you still think cutting CDR was stupid?

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#73 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 10:11 PM

if the Lakers keep a 14 man roster and Sacre is the 14th guy will you still think cutting CDR was stupid?

We have Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Jordan Hill. All three are better at the center position than Robert Sacre. He will see minimal time all season long barring injury. CDR could have been a nightly contributor on a team that is sorely lacking production from the bench.

It was a bad move, plain and simple.

#74 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 10:23 PM

We have Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Jordan Hill. All three are better at the center position than Robert Sacre. He will see minimal time all season long barring injury. CDR could have been a nightly contributor on a team that is sorely lacking production from the bench.

No it's not because both Howard and Hill we're at risk of getting hurt again thus why insurance was needed. Also we all knew Sacre was going to make the team because we all thought we are going to lose Howard till December. Our real problem is that we have too many guards.

Edited by larry14r, October 25, 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#75 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 10:31 PM

No it's not because both Howard and Hill we're at risk of getting hurt again thus why insurance was needed. Also we all knew Sacre was going to make the team because we all thought we are going to lose Howard till December. Our real problem is that we have too many guards.

Whoever thought we were losing Dwight Howard till December was eating up everything that ESPN was serving. There was no way he missed time until December. There was no chance of that happening, I still don't understand why so many people are shocked that he's back already. He hadn't done anything to hinder his recover from April until now. 6 1/2 months is more than enough time to get back from an injury like that, one that isn't confined to athletes specifically but can happen to normal people. An 8-9 month timetable was ridiculous from the start.

Hill is already back, Pau Gasol very rarely gets injured, and we have Dwight Howard who is completely healthy and has rarely ever had any health issues (unlike our previous center). We didn't let CDR go a month ago for fear of Hill's injury and Dwight's back, that was last week. Dwight was already on the way back, Gasol was and is still healthy, and Hill was only a week from returning.

It was a bad cut a week ago and it's bad in hindsight. Cutting one of the few players on the roster capable of producing on a nightly basis off the bench was a dumb move, especially in favor of a guy who will be sitting in a suit 90% of the season. Yeah, Sacre has looked decent, but I don't trust him playing any minutes off the bench for significant portions of games that actually count.

• 39,355 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 10:39 PM

I sure saw a lot of DNPs for CDR

They screwed him over

Absolutely. Some favoritism and injustice there certainly.

yo.

#77 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,533 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 25, 2012 - 10:43 PM

so heres the story.

Delonte is being blamed for an argument between 2 other players. and he had nothing to do with it, he says...

i hope they buy him out or whatever so hes a FA(no waivers)

"The West aint close, now that the LAL got Dwight, who gon stop him on OKC!????" - Chris Webber (nba tv -August)

Big 4s are OVERRATED. you think Nash/Kobe/Dwight cant carry the whole Offensive load!?
(Peace Pau we need pieces, not MettaWorldPieces!!!!!!!!)

#78 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,846 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 10:49 PM

Howard needed insurance, Hill was down and Clark was out and Gasol ain't gonna play 40 minutes a game. Sacre was needed as an insurance policy should anything happen.

If the Lakers had a 14th and 15th spot it would have been Sacre for 14th and CDR for 15th.

It's only a bad move if you're thinking from the perspective of a fan and not from the perspective of a business man.

You had 2 players as back up insurance to Dwight Howard. Jordan Hill, and Earl Clark.

They both go down with injury and you(keeping a 14 man roster) have to make a choice between Robert Sacre and CDR..

Now if you think logically about it. If you're keeping 15 you'll pick Sacre and CDR no question. But if you're ONLY keeping 14, you're picking Sacre. It's pretty much a no brainer when it comes to questions about BOTH your big men's health is apparent especially when they are backing up the main big man who is on the comeback trail from his injury.

btw did you see Hill grab his back tonight? If that wasn't anymore incentive to keep Sacre I don't know what was.

Edited by Majesty, October 25, 2012 - 10:51 PM.

• 39,355 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 10:51 PM

btw did you see Hill grab his back tonight? If that wasn't anymore incentive to keep Sacre I don't know what was.

Dude, he didn't grab his back, he was just scratching it. Talk about making something out of nothing.

yo.

#80 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,846 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Dude, he didn't grab his back, he was just scratching it. Talk about making something out of nothing.

Ah so when he made an awkward twerk with his back motion, after his move in the post, cried out right after the play was over and grabbed at his back for a moment while walking it off, he was just scratching it.... alright I'll take our word for it.... :whistle:

Edited by Majesty, October 25, 2012 - 10:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users