#181 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,037 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 30, 2012 - 12:09 PM

imo our 2nd unit needs another scoring punch, this opinion is actually the consensus - so, i want Delonte--- its simple .

also fyi, im not a blake hater. he made me a fan last season before his injury, he was shooting GREAT. BUT for THIS 2nd unit, Delonte is the better fit, actually.

i wish we would have went after Bosa or Delonte to be our 2nd unit PG, instead of signing a 2 in Meeks. Blake is a spot up shooter, he could do what Meeks is being asked to do for this team(blake hater?).. the 2nd unit needs a scorer who can create..

Thing is you need to look at the roles and where they are defined. No one is asking Blake to be the scoring punch on the backup unit, and they wouldn't ask that of Delonte West either, so we wouldn't be getting the Delonte West from Cleveland or even the one in Dallas because we wouldn't be asking him to fill "that" kind of role for us, especially given our offense. West wouldn't be thrown on this team to be "the guy" off the bench, so there's no point in bringing him over and paying extra for it when we wouldn't be asking it of him.

Edited by Majesty, October 30, 2012 - 12:10 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#182 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 30, 2012 - 12:11 PM

Thing is you need to look at the roles and where they are defined. No one is asking Blake to be the scoring punch on the starting unit, and they wouldn't ask that of Delonte West either, so we wouldn't be getting the Delonte West from Cleveland or even the one in Dallas because we wouldn't be asking him to fill "that" kind of role for us, especially given our offense. West wouldn't be thrown on this team to be "the guy" so there's no point in bringing him over and paying extra for it.

dude, who said Delonte would play much at all with the starting unit????????? and he would be THE GUYYYYYYYY along with Pau in the 2nd unit. hell ya we would see the best scoring Delonte with the 2nd unit

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#183 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,274 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 30, 2012 - 01:37 PM

Thing is you need to look at the roles and where they are defined. No one is asking Blake to be the scoring punch on the backup unit, and they wouldn't ask that of Delonte West either, so we wouldn't be getting the Delonte West from Cleveland or even the one in Dallas because we wouldn't be asking him to fill "that" kind of role for us, especially given our offense. West wouldn't be thrown on this team to be "the guy" off the bench, so there's no point in bringing him over and paying extra for it when we wouldn't be asking it of him.

Spot on, we won't need him to score alot off the bench. Our bench is 2x as better than last years' by far and it's not even close. So when you have Jamison and Meeks spotting up for threes off doubles from Dwight and Pau (Blake can do it too but it's not a necessarily mandatory) If he can just control the tempo, he'll be fine

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#184 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 30, 2012 - 02:15 PM

I like West but I think the Lakers should keep their options open. Once the season starts, we can evaluate our bench a little more, and if it's not up to Mitch's standards I'm sure he'll make some trades. Teams not in contention will be looking to reduce salary and that's when Mitch could work his magic.

#185 RAFA

RAFA

Rookie

• 211 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:MAGIC JOHNSON

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:37 AM

GET HIM!!!!!!

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 10:36 AM

^ I prefer Steve Blake. He's a pure point guard and he fits the system better.

yo.

#187 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,037 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 05:27 PM

Here you go, they posted this tweet up on Lakeshow on SportsNet from Delonte West

@CharleeRedz13

My rates..are league minimum...non garentee...cause Iknow that by time I get there u see what I'm about..what I bring everyday...

Wonder why.

#188 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,200 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 31, 2012 - 06:32 PM

Blake had 6 assists in the massacre.

A ph that could play defense would be nice though

#189 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,039 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 31, 2012 - 07:38 PM

I'm honestly getting tired of Blake pretty quickly. He seems like he's just getting worse and worse.

#190 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 31, 2012 - 07:41 PM

It seems impossible for Blake to get worse but he keeps proving me wrong
Posted Image

#191 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:33 PM

this has to be sarcasm

Pau Gasol is GONE

#192 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,222 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:34 PM

this has to be sarcasm

I pray it is

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 10:00 PM

:laughing:

yo.

#194 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 11:33 PM

Here you go, they posted this tweet up on Lakeshow on SportsNet from Delonte West

Wonder why.

lol this dude delonte is funny. so he has to clear waivers???? im glad the Lakers FO know his "rates" tho, honestly

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#195 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 31, 2012 - 11:43 PM

:laughing:

Can't believe anyone thought you were serious lol.
htCCl0m.png

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 11:51 PM

^ I know right? Some people just don't catch on.

yo.

#197 Magic Bryant

Magic Bryant

Rookie

• 80 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted November 01, 2012 - 01:09 AM

I like Delonte as a player, was very underrated back in Cleveland...but I don't think he could handle a backup PG role in an offense that will limit him greatly. He would be asked to play defense and hit open shots, but he wouldn't see as much time here as he would have back in Dallas, and while I'm fine with thinking he could make it here if given an opportunity, I would feel much better if the coach was Phil Jackson.

This was my intial take on West as well. But I'm starting to have a change of heart simply because we need a guard who has a pulse defensively. Watching any guard on this team outside of Kobe(who has had his moments of futility more often lately) attempt at defense is just disheartening to say the least. West is good defender. Easily better than any guard currently on the bench. I'm not sure if he would buy into the role but I think he could secure a lot of minutes from the bench, just on his defensive abilities alone. And as a combo guard, he's very versatile offensively. This team will be gashed by guard play all year if some changes aren't made. For the minimum, I'd give him a hard look. Our perimeter defense needs a boost in the worst way.

#198 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 01:12 AM

This was my intial take on West as well. But I'm starting to have a change of heart simply because we need a guard who has a pulse defensively. Watching any guard on this team outside of Kobe(who has had his moments of futility more often lately) attempt at defense is just disheartening to say the least. West is good defender. Easily better than any guard currently on the bench. I'm not sure if he would buy into the role but I think he could secure a lot of minutes from the bench, just on his defensive abilities alone. And as a combo guard, he's very versatile offensively. This team will be gashed by guard play all year if some changes aren't made. For the minimum, I'd give him a hard look. Our perimeter defense needs a boost in the worst way.

meeks also plays best off a guard who can create.. that unit needs a scorer/creator ,people get this, but just dont like delonte(not his game)

#199 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,037 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 03:04 AM

meeks also plays best off a guard who can create.. that unit needs a scorer/creator ,people get this, but just dont like delonte(not his game)

People say they want a guard that can create. But that isn't what they want.

They want a guard that can score at will, consistently create for others and play lock down defense.

Sadly there's no guard that does that in the NBA that's gonna come to our team in a trade for Chris Duhon or take the minimum.

And we're having Chemistry issues already, now's not the time to replace players

Except Duhon..

I'm sorry but I knew what we were in store for the moment he became a part of the roster and IF he ever got play time.

Edited by Majesty, November 01, 2012 - 03:05 AM.

#200 Magic Bryant

Magic Bryant

Rookie

• 80 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted November 01, 2012 - 03:43 AM

People say they want a guard that can create. But that isn't what they want.

They want a guard that can score at will, consistently create for others and play lock down defense.

Sadly there's no guard that does that in the NBA that's gonna come to our team in a trade for Chris Duhon or take the minimum.

And we're having Chemistry issues already, now's not the time to replace players

Except Duhon..

I'm sorry but I knew what we were in store for the moment he became a part of the roster and IF he ever got play time.

The problem isn't finding guards who can put the ball in the basket. All we really need from the bench is a guard who can knock down open shots at a decent clip and guy from the wing who can slash. That's two players really. Meeks could fill that first role and I can live with Jamison as the stretch 4 instead of having the slasher-type. The problem is what anyone of those players gives you offensively, they're just going give it right back up on the other end. Same with Blake. Same with Duhon. Same with Eubanks, who ppl severely over-rate defensively. Hill isn't a great defender but with the work he does on the boards, especially the defensive glass, I can live his issues on defense. And his post defense is improving. But those others will get exploited, game after game, possession after possession. And against elite teams, it will be worst. This team really needs a infusion of guys who give a damn defensively if they plan on making a run at anything. It can't always be about offense. If those guys were at the least, good defenders I wouldn't even care that they suck offensively. At least other teams wouldn't score while they were bricking. But to be a half-ass defender and a so-so offensive player just isn't going to cut it.

Edited by Magic Bryant, November 01, 2012 - 03:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users