36 replies to this topic

#21 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 26, 2012 - 10:33 AM

I'd say Tim Donaghy was a pretty big deal.

Yeah, but that's one disgruntled referee that, for all we know, may not have been telling the truth about most of what he said.

I mean, if the steroid scandal was all about Clemens, and that's it...well, that's not a big deal. Same with the bounty (ex. let's just say Ray Lewis was receiving money for his hits on Tom Brady), but that wasn't the case, either.

#22 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 522 posts
  • Name:Blax
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Threatt, Rodman

Posted October 26, 2012 - 12:43 PM

I know people bust Stern's ass all the time, especially the Lakers fans after that veto...but I'm going to look past that incident and say that he has done a pretty damn good job.

You don't have to agree with everything the man has done, but just look at what baseball and football has gone through over the years (massive steroid scandal, bounty, etc). And he's been at the helm since 1984, which is crazy.

I must disagree, I hate the bastard and I hope when he goes to hell, he gets raped for all of eternity.

#23 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 26, 2012 - 02:32 PM

I must disagree, I hate the bastard and I hope when he goes to hell, he gets raped for all of eternity.

Well that's what we like to call immaturity.

#24 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 26, 2012 - 03:39 PM

oh :huh:

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#25 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua

Posted October 26, 2012 - 03:41 PM

Yeah, but that's one disgruntled referee that, for all we know, may not have been telling the truth about most of what he said.

I mean, if the steroid scandal was all about Clemens, and that's it...well, that's not a big deal. Same with the bounty (ex. let's just say Ray Lewis was receiving money for his hits on Tom Brady), but that wasn't the case, either.

I think Donaghy was telling truth since the FBI investigation said he was telling the truth in everything they told them.

So I think Stern has been involved in or known about some terrible things and is an [expletive], but at the same time he's done amazing things for the NBA so I appreciate for the most part his tenure as the Commissioner.

#26 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,703 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 27, 2012 - 01:05 AM

Question:

Why does Stern steps down, and his guy who gets the new job is also a jew? coincidence? :laughing:

...Jews just run everything... lol :rolleyes: ....:Still waiting for the first Arab .. LOL :81:

Edited by manaro90, October 27, 2012 - 01:06 AM.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#27 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 27, 2012 - 01:10 AM

Overall he did a great job expanding the NBA brand.

However, this last 5 years of his run has been simply disastrous. I'm glad to see him finally make a decision to go, this league has some issues.

Manaro - completely UNACCEPTABLE post - whether you're kidding or not!

Blax - Settle down!

#28 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,703 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 02:35 AM

Its not racism really :nah: I dont have anything against jews, my best friend is a jew.. i just always make fun of her and she makes fun of me cause Im an arab and i dislike the politics of israel, but i respect and Like jews! I have a lot of jewish friends.. my gosh we always makes jokes.. dont you do that too???

Its just a political thing, because if some of you know that, and i bet you know that as americans, Israel and Syria or Israel and the arab republics have a inner war for over 50 years now..especially with my homecountry Syria!

Me personally I dont care, because I have a lot of jewish friends and we share this togerther, we stand for a bond, of which political people cant stand!

So u got me wrong there!!! :yes: I dont have anything against jews........ I just love to make fun of them because they have these typicall attitudes, same as people make fun of me because i am an arab and when arab speak they sound as if they shout etc.

So guys, please chill!!! Everything is good.
:bow:

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#29 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 27, 2012 - 02:42 AM

Everything is NOT good!

This is not talking to your friends in person here. Yes, we're all Laker fans, but your intentions can never be told here through typing.

You MUST NOT and you WILL NOT bring that kind of junk here EVER again, joke or no joke. One more time and you're gone. Replace your words with other races and maybe then you'll get the feel for how terrible they came across.

No more - plain and simple.

#30 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,703 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 03:35 AM

LOL.. calm down... :nah:

#31 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,883 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted October 27, 2012 - 05:20 AM

:pray: Thanks God :pray:

33bkfif.jpg

#32 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted October 27, 2012 - 12:55 PM

Don't like Stern.

He cheats and he swept the Donaghy stuff under the rug.

Corruption has run amok in Stern's NBA.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#33 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 01:00 PM

You're on thin ice here. I'm telling you that right now. What you said was unacceptable, plain and simple.

#34 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,862 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted October 27, 2012 - 01:03 PM

Not gonna fly here, one of our moderators is giving you a fair warning instead of giving you the boot altogether. That kind of comment is not acceptable at all. Your friends aren't on these boards to partake in some inside joke (one that would be offensive to many people). This is a public forum. How do you expect any person casually browsing the thread to realize that some off-hand racial remark is an inside joke between your friends in real life on the other side of the world? It's impossible.

We absolutely don't allow any such racial comments on these boards. You'll have to find another forum if you insist on doing it again. We don't need that here.

#35 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted October 27, 2012 - 07:01 PM

Woj lights him up . . .

The biggest ego in the history of the sport, the emperor of the NBA gets everything he ever wanted now: 15 months of farewells and bows; a tidy 30 years to fit onto his Hall of Fame plaque; and a chance to repair and repackage a legacy that NBA commissioner David Stern had slowly, surely lost the power to manipulate.
For all the public proclamations, here's been the overwhelming league response to Stern's decision to leave the job on Feb. 1, 2014: a long, exasperated sigh, and a wish that his successor, Adam Silver, would be taking over sooner.
Stern still has work to do; promoting the work of David Stern. Here comes his victory tour, the tender one-on-one sitdowns, the testimonials, basketball's favorite fable and bedtime story about how Stern made Magic and Bird in the 1980s, Jordan in the '90s, about how no one else ever would've landed big, fat television deals for people to watch them play basketball.
Stern has been an excellent, opportunistic businessman. He did not inspire those under him, but ruled them with fear. He's shown a good heart, too, advocated social change for greater goods. Through it all, Stern reveled in the intimidation of league office employees, referees, general managers, coaches and players. Most thought that's why Stern would stay on the job forever, because he seemed to get such pleasure out of it.
These 15 months aren't about Silver's transition into the commissioner's job, but Stern's elevation into the sport's almighty. Why now? After the world found out how Stern controls whose voice will be heard on his state-run television, he changed the conversation from people ridiculing his petty, self-centered management style to people exulting his vision.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--david-stern-s-final-act--promote-the-myth-of-david-stern-25321709.html

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#36 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 28, 2012 - 12:06 AM

Woj lights him up . . .

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--david-stern-s-final-act--promote-the-myth-of-david-stern-25321709.html

Woj is very true here. I thought it was so weird he announced his retirement 15 months ahead of time. I mean I know you have to get the other guy going but you could have made it private with him and gotten him up to speed without telling everybody he is leaving.

He is gonna milk this next 15 months as much as he can.

I really dont like the guy honestly. If you think about it theres not much he has to deal with. Basketball doesnt really have steroids invloved. Thats more of a baseball or football thing. He didnt make the big deal really. Having the jordan be an amazing players made the big deals. Thats like one of your employees finding the cure for cancer and taking all the credit. All he did was be a jerk and a very biased person. All these commissioners these days are just becoming politicians. Giving a person too much power and if you try to go against him and fail your team will feel the rath for ever.

#37 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted October 30, 2012 - 02:41 AM

Is he doing this to overshadow Kobe's retirement? I think he just wants the attention if you ask me.

Anyways, good luck Stern. I think you did everything you can to make the league the way it is right now. Good job. But still, not everyone will like you.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users