36 replies to this topic

#1 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 25, 2012 - 09:28 AM

@WojYahooNBA
David Stern will step down as NBA commissioner on Feb. 1, 2014, league sources tell Y! Sports. Deputy Adam Silver will replace Stern.

The North Remembers

#2 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 09:48 AM

I fear David Stern he will go into YOLO mode from today til Feb. 1, 2014 and act super power drunk

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 25, 2012 - 10:09 AM

I know people bust Stern's ass all the time, especially the Lakers fans after that veto...but I'm going to look past that incident and say that he has done a pretty damn good job.

You don't have to agree with everything the man has done, but just look at what baseball and football has gone through over the years (massive steroid scandal, bounty, etc). And he's been at the helm since 1984, which is crazy.

#4 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,095 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted October 25, 2012 - 10:11 AM

I know people bust Stern's ass all the time, especially the Lakers fans after that veto...but I'm going to look past that incident and say that he has done a pretty damn good job.

You don't have to agree with everything the man has done, but just look at what baseball and football has gone through over the years (massive steroid scandal, bounty, etc). And he's been at the helm since 1984, which is crazy.

Perfectly said, don't have to like him but respect him

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#5 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted October 25, 2012 - 10:14 AM

Mehh... -_-

#6 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,516 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 25, 2012 - 10:29 AM

GOOD.

Wonder how bad this new guy will be.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#7 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,161 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted October 25, 2012 - 11:06 AM

That's what my sports marketing teacher said about him too. She said that NBA wasn't a very popular sport back in the days. David Stern is a sports marketing genius.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 11:13 AM

I agree. It's very hard to look at Stern's tenure anything other than a success. It doesn't mean he did everything right, no one does, but he has done a helluva job as commish.

#9 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted October 25, 2012 - 11:33 AM

I'd say Tim Donaghy was a pretty big deal.

#10 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,371 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 25, 2012 - 11:56 AM

we dont have to like him
but the man has been doing his job, and so far he did pretty well overall
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#11 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted October 25, 2012 - 12:17 PM

As much as you hate David Stern he did make the NBA one of the most marketable sports in America when he took over. Before then, the NBA was about to go bankrupt and pretty much become irrelavent like hockey. Sure you can say Magic, Bird and Michael saved the NBA but without Stern, this sports wont be where it is today. I give him cudos to stick to his guns and not afraid of critism from stupid fans and stupid medias. Hope Adam Silver will do the same but a lot less nicer. Most of you guys probably too young to know how the NBA was like during the 70's. Heck, it was even before my time. I was born in 1980 but unlike some of you fans who speak with emotions without thinking, i actually study the history of the NBA and I respect David Stern a lot. A lot mroe than stupid lakers fans who only know how to do is cry and whine.

Edited by epicwolf, October 25, 2012 - 12:21 PM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#12 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,647 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 25, 2012 - 12:35 PM

I was talking to a Clippers fan, and he's ecstatic that Stern is leaving. I was totally confused, on how the Laker fan should be happy with that, as Stern is the reason they are even a little relavant right now.

I don't know, I guess David Stern won the Lakers 16 championships. Ask any Clipper fan, they'll tell you the truth. :laughing:

#13 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 01:02 PM

He's an ass, a dictator and egomaniacal

But he's better than the joke bud selig and that ass wipe roger goodell

Nothing beats Paul tagliabue though.
Posted Image

#14 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted October 25, 2012 - 01:06 PM

I think he'll still be pulling strings from behind the scenes like Emperor Palpatine.

#15 kingulee

kingulee

Rookie

• 117 posts
  • Fan Since:f0REVER
  • Fav. Laker:kb24~*

Posted October 25, 2012 - 02:33 PM

WoW! What a birthday present for me on the first!!

#16 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,881 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted October 25, 2012 - 02:33 PM

He has been doing a good job, so respect for that. But I won't ignore that he could have done a better job, a superb job. I've disliked him before the Laker veto, I dislike him now.

Edited by -Wade-, October 25, 2012 - 02:33 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#17 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted October 25, 2012 - 02:47 PM

Doesnt matter, his minion is taking the reigns after him.

Posted Image

#18 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 25, 2012 - 03:30 PM

I had a hard time saying he's been successful, only because I've only remembered his screwups, especially some BS suspensions, the CP3 veto, etc. The CBA is also something he [expletive]ed up big time on more than once, and that's probably the biggest issue I have with him. But, I guess when you put it all in perspective, the NBA has grown big time since 1984. I don't like the man, his tactics, or a lot of the [expletive] he's pulled over the years, but on net I guess I have to admit he's done a good job. It's time for him to step down though, he's done his job and lately he's been getting more power hungry and egotistical.

Edited by bfc1125roy, October 25, 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#19 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,609 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted October 25, 2012 - 05:36 PM

all things considered, the man did the job he was paid to do...whether by shady means or otherwise...the man brought the NBA a long way since the 80s, can't deny that

can't wait to see what the future holds

Posted Image

#20 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 25, 2012 - 05:38 PM

Like everything there's two sides and we tend to harp on his negatives but he's done wonders for this games development

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users