Photo

Kobe Injury: (Update: Says 85% he plays tonight)

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#81 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:53 AM

I'm shocked.

#82 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:58 AM

Anybody had this before?

https://twitter.com/...352932072845312

What exactly was Kobe's injury? A contusion of the ankle and a strained tendon underneath his cuboid bone in his Right foot

Posted Image

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#83 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:01 AM

https://twitter.com/...351118862635008

Dr. Kobe "just bruised like crazy. All swelling trickled down to tendon right below cuboid bone, was painful to walk on"

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#84 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,037 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:05 AM

Anybody had this before?

Posted Image

I have, I actually played through it and tightened my shoe around my foot so that I could keep playing.

It didn't bother me so much during the play, but when I got home and sat down and took off the shoe this pain SHOT through my foot like I'd never felt before and I couldn't even get in and out of the shower, my mom had to practically help me in and out and I had to sleep and keep it elevated. It sucked the next day when I had to go get it looked at and had to walk up stairs to get there :shifty: The doctor looked at my foot and told me after examining it "You know... it would have been better if you'd just broken your ankle instead"

So when it came time we had to go get some crutches but they were out of ones that would work for my height -_- So I had to use a cane.. yes a CANE instead... thus having to still walk on it which was EXTREMELY painful(a 95 on a scale of 1 to 10)

I went into class the next day and my CiS teacher looked at me and smiled and shook her head and I told her "Don't say anything..." Because she knew how I'd gotten injured. And she told the class while pointing me out "And you know what the worst part is... he isn't even getting paid for it."

But yeah that injury was probably the most painful I've ever felt, it got better after about a week and I could start shooting around again but those days were heck in a handbasket!

Edited by Majesty, October 30, 2012 - 11:06 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:05 AM

yo.

#86 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,025 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:06 AM

I'd rather have him sit out cause it sounds like aggravation can easily be avoided, especially on a back to back. I think he plays though, Kobe being Kobe

#87 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,037 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:20 AM

http://blog.lakers.c...to-face-dallas/

Posted Image
(lol Trudell photobombing)

Bryant “85%” Likely To Face Dallas

Kobe Bryant, who went through on-court activities at Tuesday morning’s shootaround for the first time since injuring his right foot on Oct. 21, said he has an 85 percent chance of playing in Tuesday evening’s season opener.

This appears to be good news for the Lakers, but they won’t know No. 24′s status until seeing how Bryant’s foot reacts to a good deal of running and pressure at shootaround. We’ll likely get confirmation during coach Mike Brown’s pregame session with the media at around 6 p.m.

“It’s just a matter of how sore it gets from now until I get to Staples (Center),” explained Bryant. “I’m not going to play with an injury that will get progressively worse and limp through the season. I worked too hard for that.”

In other words, if his foot doesn’t respond positively to the morning session, he’s not going to push it by playing in back-to-back games to start the season. The Lakers leave for Portland immediately following tonight’s game against Dallas.

Bryant credited head athletic trainer Gary Vitti and head physical therapist Dr. Judy Seto for working hard throughout the last eight days to get him back as soon as possible without risking further damage to what was a painful injury. He initially collided the foot and ankle at an awkward angle on a Kings player in a preseason loss to the Kings.

“(It) just bruised like crazy,” Bryant described. “All the swelling trickled down to the tendon … it was painful to walk on.”

But after staying off the foot throughout the week and getting constant treatment, Bryant turned a corner on Monday night.

“Since last night, I’ve had substanitally less pain, and the strength has gotten better,” he said. “That’s very encouraging.”

Bryant’s trying to determine if it’s an injury that can improve while playing through it, or one that gets worse the more he’s on it. Before concluding his session with the media, Bryant was asked if there’s a silver lining in the injury, which allowed him to get some rest for legs that have been working through the offseason in part due to the 2012 Olympics.

“I look at it as a blessing in disguise to give me some rest, because when I’m out there I’m going I go 110 percent, I don’t know anything else,” he replied. “(That) probably takes a little bit from my legs, so it’s probably a blessing in disguise that I got (eight) days to relax.”

#88 t-1

t-1

Rookie

• 559 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:21 AM

I have, I actually played through it and tightened my shoe around my foot so that I could keep playing.

It didn't bother me so much during the play, but when I got home and sat down and took off the shoe this pain SHOT through my foot like I'd never felt before and I couldn't even get in and out of the shower, my mom had to practically help me in and out and I had to sleep and keep it elevated. It sucked the next day when I had to go get it looked at and had to walk up stairs to get there :shifty: The doctor looked at my foot and told me after examining it "You know... it would have been better if you'd just broken your ankle instead"

So when it came time we had to go get some crutches but they were out of ones that would work for my height -_- So I had to use a cane.. yes a CANE instead... thus having to still walk on it which was EXTREMELY painful(a 95 on a scale of 1 to 10)

I went into class the next day and my CiS teacher looked at me and smiled and shook her head and I told her "Don't say anything..." Because she knew how I'd gotten injured. And she told the class while pointing me out "And you know what the worst part is... he isn't even getting paid for it."

But yeah that injury was probably the most painful I've ever felt, it got better after about a week and I could start shooting around again but those days were heck in a handbasket!

Lies..

#89 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,611 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 30, 2012 - 12:06 PM

I see him in 6 hours on tv :81:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#90 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 30, 2012 - 01:46 PM

Anybody had this before?

Posted Image

I've strained the ones on top of the foot that connect your foot to your ankle/leg and damn it's the worst pain. It hurts like hell to stretch out our foot which you do with every step. You then start to compensate for it by shifting your weight and walking differently than normal which messes other things up. I'd rather him get 100% cuz this does not go away without treatment and rest

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#91 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,718 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 30, 2012 - 02:04 PM

Sit him out :/

#92 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 1,697 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 04:04 PM

He said he's playing :rock:

#93 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 1,697 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 04:06 PM

Kobe Bryant
Feeling good enough to play tonight! I’ll use my strong midsoles for added cushion on the foot for more protection.
Looking forward to this journey as I'm sure you are.
It's Go Time.
Mamba out

https://www.facebook...151239353375419

Edited by eZZy, October 30, 2012 - 04:06 PM.

#94 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 30, 2012 - 04:07 PM

Mamba is playing tonight!!!!! :rock:
htCCl0m.png

#95 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,849 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 30, 2012 - 04:19 PM

He'll be fine. I doubt the trainers would let him play if it was really bad.

#96 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,037 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 04:36 PM

Kobe Bryant
Feeling good enough to play tonight! I’ll use my strong midsoles for added cushion on the foot for more protection.
Looking forward to this journey as I'm sure you are.
It's Go Time.
Mamba out

https://www.facebook.com/Kobe/posts/10151239353375419

shameless plug of his shoes at the same time :whistle:

Thaaaaaaaaat's MAMBA!!! :rock:

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 05:00 PM

^ :laughing:

yo.

#98 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,007 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 05:10 PM

i want to see him badly tonight since its the opener, but logically speaking, id hope he feels better and not play

#99 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 30, 2012 - 05:15 PM

Hmm so nothing yet? still jus tthe 85% ?
Laker fan for life.

#100 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted October 30, 2012 - 05:19 PM

:81:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users