Photo

Kobe Injury: (Update: Says 85% he plays tonight)

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#61 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 29, 2012 - 02:33 PM

Last time Kobe sat out an opening game on Halloween, this happened

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=261031013

VIdeo: http://v.classone.cn.../3C3ZHBXX.shtml [NSFW ads on the side of the Game highlights made by Cachooka]

Lamar and Luke played out of their minds that night

Edited by MDI, October 29, 2012 - 02:36 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#62 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,136 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 29, 2012 - 02:34 PM

Los Angeles Lakers ‏@Lakers
Kobe Bryant will be a game time decision for the opener against the Mavs according to head coach Mike Brown.

Okay, he's playing lol

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#63 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 04:18 PM

WTF...

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2012/10/29/lakers-divided-on-whether-kobe-bryant-will-play-in-season-opener/

Will Kobe Bryant play?

He sat out of his fifth practice Monday since suffering a strained and bruised right foot in the Lakers’ exhibition game Oct. 21 against Sacramento. Bryant also missed the team’s last two preseason games. And against Dallas, the Lakers are considering him a game-time decision.

“He loves the big lights,” Lakers forward Metta World Peace said. Kobe’s never afraid of criticism. He’s never been afraid to play hurt and not play well or play hurt and play great. His mind is different from other people’s.”

Still, Bryant hasn’t picked up a basketball for eight days. He’s spent that time receiving constant treatment on his knee. Lakers Coach Mike Brown revealed he had an MRI, but provided no details on what it revealed. He even skipped the Lakers’ trip to San Diego last week in their preseason finale to avoid the 2 1/2 hour bus ride down and back. Bryant hasn’t spoken to reporters for a week and sounded in a dour mood last Tuesday when he conceded his foot is “pretty sore.”

Bryant suffered the injury when he tripped over Sacramento forward Thomas Robinson while cutting into the lane. Bryant, who scored 21 points on 6 of 12 shooting, stayed in the game before discovering the pain worsening.

“We would like to have him,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol said. “But for health issues and reasons, we would be more concerned with not having him later on for a long stretch.”

So instead, the Lakers are bracing for the possibility Bryant won’t play. Lakers reserve guard Jodie Meeks. who’s averaged 5.9 points on 26.7 percent shooting this preseason, played with the first unit during the portion of Monday’s practice that was open to the media.

“He hasn’t practice in a while so we understand what we have to do without him in a game, Lakers center Dwight Howard said. “He’ll be okay and will get stronger every day. He’s trying his best to come back and play.”

Bryant still exerted his influence, though. He mostly spent Monday’s practice receiving treatment on his knee, sometimes on a training table from the side of the court so he could still view practice. At one point, Bryant stood up and talked to Lakers Coach Mike Brown during a drill. At other moments, Brown recalled Bryant making a hissing noise to get his teammates’ attention.

“Everybody knows that’s Kobe’s way of calling anybody,” Brown said. “So you’ve got 30 heads turning to look. He’s watching what’s going on in practice. He’ll start coaching from the training table. He may coach an individual or he may have something that may help the team.

“Right now I just look at him as an assistant coach. He may not like to hear that because he because he doesn’t want to take a big pay cut, but he’s been in tune, involved with practice every day.”

Still, that pales from playing on the court. Bryant’s appeared spry in six preseason games, averaging 20.4 points on 50% shooting in 26.8 minutes. But the Lakers’ star has had to monitor his injuries closely. From a punctured right shoulder that has since healed and his currently strained right foot, Bryant has missed six practices and three preseason games.

If there is one guy that is capable of sitting out and playing a game, it’s Kobe,” Brown said. “He’s extremely intelligent and he’s been around the block. Him sitting might be better than him being out there every day getting banged up in practice.”

http://sulia.com/channel/la-lakers/f/57ccd46c-411d-4342-b36b-18915a1eb398/?source=twitter

Bear in mind when it comes to Kobe: He played with a shin injury last season. It was only AFTER playing that he ...

... realized he had to sit out eight of the Lakers' last 10 regular-season games to allow it to heal. If Kobe thinks he can heal something while still playing in games, he'll play in the games. He did the same thing with his torn wrist ligament at the start of last season: The bones in his wrist stayed aligned without the torn ligament, and when he was advised it was likely they could stay aligned and he could heal the ligament while still playing -- he played. The safe route of surgery would've cost Kobe three months of a lockout-shortened four-month season and changed the entire complexion of Mike Brown's first Lakers season

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#64 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 29, 2012 - 06:12 PM

What's the big deal? It's just the first game of the regular season. Besides we're playing an undermanned Dallas team. We should be able to handle them without Kobe. If he isn't healthy to play than sit him. Can't afford yo have him to suffer a serious injury that'll hamper him all season long. Let him get 100 percent healthy than bring him back.
htCCl0m.png

#65 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,810 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 29, 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hoping it's not that serious, doesn't seem like it would be based off the minimal news and reports we've been getting. We'll be fine against an undermanned Dallas squad without him. Unlike previous seasons where he pushed himself through injuries, we can afford for him to take his time with this injury if necessary. We now have a team with players capable of picking up the load and holding down the fort whenever he's not in the game. Before there was always the risk of outright losing games that Kobe wasn't available for, and a string of losses hurts a ton in the rough Western Conference. We should be fine in the meantime with Nash leading the team. Kobe should take as much time as necessary to get back to 100% before coming back onto the court. I'd rather have him at full health than with a nagging injury for the next few weeks.

#66 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,150 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 06:52 PM

If Kobe does have to sit out, I will be praying tonight not only for those affected by the hurricanes, but that Mike Brown does not start Ebanks at the 2.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#67 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,396 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 07:18 PM

If Kobe does have to sit out, I will be praying tonight not only for those affected by the hurricanes, but that Mike Brown does not start Ebanks at the 2.

Meeks has been practicing with the first unit. No worries on that front.

#68 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,893 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hopefully Kobe plays on Halloween in Portland I really want to see him play... I upgraded my seats from this...

Posted Image

to this

Posted Image

both were the same price lol..

Edited by Yaboy, October 29, 2012 - 07:59 PM.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#69 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 09:10 PM

He just posted this on Facebook

Getting stronger. Not sure what it means for tomorrow night just yet but it’s much better than it was a week ago when I could barely walk. I hate not practicing. It drives me crazy! The training staff has been great. Mr. Laker, Gary Vitti, and the great Judy Seto (the first female trainer in the NBA) have been working their magic.

I will know more after shoot around tomorrow am. It's still painful to raise up on my toes but, it’s strong. The decision to be made is whether the injury can heal while playing on it or if it will make it worse. Either way, I'm excited about the start of the season. Hopefully we can win a game or two finally ;-)
Till tomorrow..
Mamba out

He needs to relax and heal up. Take as much time as necessary

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#70 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,713 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 30, 2012 - 12:27 AM

Last time Kobe sat out an opening game on Halloween, this happened

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=261031013

VIdeo: http://v.classone.cn.../3C3ZHBXX.shtml [NSFW ads on the side of the Game highlights made by Cachooka]

Lamar and Luke played out of their minds that night

Los Angeles: L. Odom 34 Pts, 13 Reb, 6 Ast, 3 Stl

#71 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,183 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 30, 2012 - 02:39 AM

He just posted this on Facebook

Getting stronger. Not sure what it means for tomorrow night just yet but it’s much better than it was a week ago when I could barely walk. I hate not practicing. It drives me crazy! The training staff has been great. Mr. Laker, Gary Vitti, and the great Judy Seto (the first female trainer in the NBA) have been working their magic.

I will know more after shoot around tomorrow am. It's still painful to raise up on my toes but, it’s strong. The decision to be made is whether the injury can heal while playing on it or if it will make it worse. Either way, I'm excited about the start of the season. Hopefully we can win a game or two finally ;-)
Till tomorrow..
Mamba out

He needs to relax and heal up. Take as much time as necessary

Good news. Mamba getting rest is GREAT!

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#72 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted October 30, 2012 - 06:57 AM

He should rest tonight ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#73 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:03 AM

he should definitely rest with that contusion and that ankle strain...... I don't see him playing tonight but Kobe will try his best to get on the court

#74 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,396 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:23 AM

RT @DuranSports: Kobe says hes playing

#75 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,396 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:26 AM

RT @DuranSports: Kobe says 85% sure he plays. Has to see how foot reacts after shootaround "did lot of running this morning"

#76 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,893 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:27 AM

He can take as much days off as he wants after tomorrows game lol

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#77 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,396 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:27 AM

RT @LakersReporter: Kobe: If it gets better (from work he did at shootaround), I'll play. If it gets worse, "I'll have to shut it down."

#78 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:37 AM

Awesome. :rock:
htCCl0m.png

#79 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:37 AM

Warrior !

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#80 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,183 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:39 AM

@LakersReporter

Kobe went through everything in shootaround, testing his foot, & will see how it responds before determining if he'll play tonight.

So he tested himself. That's good, hopefully we blow Dallas out early so Kobe can get more rest.

@LakersReporter

So it's good news on Bryant's foot; we will check again at Staples around 6 p.m. Mike Brown said he looked fine at shootaround.

Edited by Majesty, October 30, 2012 - 10:39 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users