Photo

Kobe Injury: (Update: Says 85% he plays tonight)

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#21 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,359 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 23, 2012 - 03:24 PM

Damn, he sounded like it was pretty bad

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,191 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 23, 2012 - 03:29 PM

Looks like the Clippers are sitting their starters against us anyway.

http://espn.go.com/b...-against-lakers

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#23 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,359 posts

Posted October 23, 2012 - 03:36 PM

dang it's gonna be boring

#24 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,191 posts

Posted October 23, 2012 - 03:39 PM

Sounds like Kobe really "wants" to play but he knows the coaching staff will probably rest him so no sense in fighting it. But he says its pretty sore and the pain is pretty high so resting him is a good idea.

#25 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,191 posts

Posted October 23, 2012 - 03:52 PM

Update: Kobe also may not play final pre-season game against Kings depending..

Posted Image
Kobe Bryant and possibly Dwight Howard will not play in Wednesday’s exhibition game against the Clippers at Staples Center.

Bryant is nursing a bruised and strained right foot that he described Tuesday as “pretty sore.” He was kicked in the foot during the third quarter of Sunday’s 99-92 exhibition loss to the Sacramento Kings. Although he finished out the game, Bryant said the pain level still is “pretty high.”
How bad is the foot? Bryant, who has played through broken fingers and concussions, said he might not play even is this was a regular-season game. He is listed as day-to-day and said there is a chance he will not play against Sacramento on Thursday in San Diego.
“It’s always frustrating to have these freak accidents,” Bryant said. “It always upsets me.”

Howard, who played his first game in more than six months Sunday following spinal surgery, complained of general soreness Monday. He participated in limited drills Tuesday but did not talk to the media.

“That’s understandable,” Coach Mike Brown said. “He hadn’t played in a game for six months. The medical staff will evaluate him (Wednesday) and if he’s still a little tight or a little sore or whatever, then we’ll hold him out.”

Bryant said the injury could be seen as a blessing. It will force him to rest before the regular season opener next Tuesday against Dallas.

“It’s going to slow me down a little bit,” he said. “I’ve been going full-bore pretty much every day.”

#26 maljanNBAfan

maljanNBAfan

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Fan Since:2010
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 23, 2012 - 04:08 PM

He doesn't seem too concerned to me. More like annoyed with all of those cameras in his face.

#27 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 23, 2012 - 04:10 PM

Skip the game no need to play especially that all the starters are resting.
Posted Image

#28 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,378 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted October 24, 2012 - 04:42 AM

So how and when did he injure his foot ? I seem to have missed that ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Soul Smooth

#29 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,359 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 06:58 AM

So how and when did he injure his foot ? I seem to have missed that ..

Last game around the 3rd Q

#30 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted October 24, 2012 - 10:01 AM

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

Kobe Bryant (foot) will not play in L.A.'s final two preseason games. He'll be re-evaluated over the weekend.

#31 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,378 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted October 24, 2012 - 10:04 AM

man .. I hope he's OK for Tuesday ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Soul Smooth

#32 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 10:14 AM

I expect that he'll me okay for Tuesday's opener, but like I said earlier, I'm slightly concerned about his comment that he would probably sit out today's preseason game even if it was a regular season game. Considering what Kobe plays through every season, I hope this injury is worse than is actually being reported.

#33 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 24, 2012 - 10:17 AM

I expect that he'll me okay for Tuesday's opener, but like I said earlier, I'm slightly concerned about his comment that he would probably sit out today's preseason game even if it was a regular season game. Considering what Kobe plays through every season, I hope this injury is worse than is actually being reported.

He could just be saying that, Kobe is rarely 100% honest with his thoughts and feelings to the media. Usually just says the politically correct thing.

Also, even if it is the regular season, Kobe will probably start sitting out more games with injuries he may have played through in the past. He's getting older and he needs to save his body for the playoffs, Plus we have Steve Nash and Dwight Howard, it's not like our team is doomed for a few games without him. We actually have a legit primary option this time.

Now if it was a playoff game and he would still sit it out, then I would be really worried.

Edited by bfc1125roy, October 24, 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#34 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 24, 2012 - 10:34 AM

DH concerns me more than Kobe. In an interview, DH said he was sore all over - understandable since sunday was his first game in six months. But he also specifically said his back was sore - that could be a problem.

and we played him so damn much

#35 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 10:38 AM

Also Dwight being sore shouldn't be cause for alarm. The guy had not played since April so of course he's going to be sore, including his back.

If any of you have ever had an injury that puts you off for a few weeks, once you return to the activity, that part of your body is going to be sore the worst. Especially if its surgically repaired, it's not going to feel good for the next few days

#36 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 24, 2012 - 02:16 PM

I really need to watch some real laker games. These preseaosn games are getting so boring. Only really good ones were the 1st one (1st nash game) and the last one (1st dwight game). After that its like watching practice with mostly the scrubs playing.

#37 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 10:49 PM

If he has to miss the first few games I wouldnt mind it. Let him heal up

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8546809/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-miss-remainder-preseason-due-foot-injury

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike Brown said Wednesday night that there is "question" Lakers guard Kobe Bryant will recover from a foot injury in time to play in next Tuesday night's season opener against the Dallas Mavericks.

"I don't know if he'll be ready," Brown said after the Lakers 97-91 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday. "So yeah, I guess there is question. I'm just going to wait for [Lakers trainer] Gary Vitti to tell me he can play because there's nothing I can do about it until they release him anyway.

Bryant sat out of Wednesday's game and has already been ruled out of Thursday's exhibition finale in San Diego against the Sacramento Kings. According to a team spokesman, he spent most of Wednesday's game getting treatment on his foot in the training room, and did not come out to the Lakers bench during the game.

Bryant's injury is classified as a strain, and the team is officially saying he is out indefinitely. However, Bryant reported some improvement in his foot to team officials prior to Wednesday's shootaround.

A 17-year veteran, Bryant missed several practices earlier in training camp because of discomfort in the same right foot. However sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com Wednesday night that this injury is a different injury, in a different place on his right foot, and is considerably more painful.

Bryant was injured this time when he tripped over Thomas Robinson's foot in the third quarter of Sunday's 99-92 loss to the Sacramento Kings.

Bryant told reporters Tuesday that he was experiencing a lot of pain from the injury and doubted he would play in Wednesday's game, even if it was a regular-season contest.

Edited by MDI, October 24, 2012 - 10:50 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#38 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 24, 2012 - 10:56 PM

He never seemed injured in that game. So weird.

#39 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 24, 2012 - 11:25 PM

He never seemed injured in that game. So weird.

it was a specific play, he was limping pretty bad after it.

#40 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted October 25, 2012 - 05:55 AM

Rest up Kobe. We play Dallas w/out Dirk. I'll take that trade, especially for a home opener.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users