• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#581 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,105 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:10 PM

Gasol plays like a girl against Blake every time...

Yup, those dunks haunt him every night :\

uUcblFp.gif

#582 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,293 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:11 PM

it matters the entire game -_-

Guess how much we'd have lost by if he wasn't 3/4 from three nor didn't have the points we scored off his 4 assists.

Every play counts.

he looked solid tonight, few mistakes yeah but he played better than he has. Like what I saw from our bench unit today.

Don't start with me. This game wasn't won in the 1st 2nd or 3rd quarter. It was the last half of the 4th and Blake crapped out.

A loss is a loss. It just takes one point.

Blake cannot be relied on.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#583 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,796 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:11 PM

Good things

- Ebanks played under control
- Meeks hit a couple of 3s early in catch and shoot situations
- Blake looked solid at times
- Hill looked good considering hes coming off a back injury
- Sacre looked good
- Jamsion's interior passing surprised me. Found our bigs underneath the basket for easy scoring opportunities

Bad things

- Too many turnovers by Blake, Nash and Meeks
- Jamison didn't do much

I wouldnt be too upset about this game. Eric Bledsoe is pretty good and it was like a coming out party for him and Barnes just played out of his mind lol he doesn't play like this usually.

pretty much this. I like the way our bench unit played out there, lots of promise if they can play like that during stretches our starters rest.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#584 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,796 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:12 PM

Don't start with me. This game wasn't won in the 1st 2nd or 3rd quarter. It was the last half of the 4th and Blake crapped out.

A loss is a loss. It just takes one point.

Blake cannot be relied on.

Thing is we wouldn't have even been in a position to win if it wasn't for Blake. It goes both ways :nah:

If he doesn't hit those shots we aren't in position to even win the game so your logic is flawed.

if Blake doesn't make shots we lose. If Nash doesn't make shots we lose. You can act like ONLY the 4th quarter matters, but if none of our shots fall in the first 3 quarters then the game is already over and we aren't in position to even win. So think about that ;)

Edited by Majesty, October 24, 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#585 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,465 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:13 PM

Positives-
Hill 12 and 8 in 26 mins
Negatives-
Metta 4-14 from the field with 3 turnovers
Blake/Nash in ability to guard another PG
Jamison still looks lost in the offense

I never even knew he was playing until someone said his name. :laughing:

#586 Trev

Trev

Rookie

• 277 posts
  • Fan Since:Today
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:13 PM

Ain't worried at all

#587 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,293 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:15 PM

Thing is we wouldn't have even been in a position to win if it wasn't for Blake. It goes both ways :nah:

If he doesn't hit those shots we aren't in position to even win the game so your logic is flawed.

if Blake doesn't make shots we lose. If Nash doesn't make shots we lose. You can act like ONLY the 4th quarter matters, but if none of our shots fall in the first 3 quarters then the game is already over and we aren't in position to even win. So think about that ;)

It doesn't matter. Those points Blake makes he gives right back with his mistakes.

Hollywood can beat him 1 on 1.

#588 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,293 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:18 PM

Blake put us in position to lose.

#589 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,796 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:22 PM

Blake put us in position to lose.

he also put us in position to win. Again, it goes both ways.

So did Nash if you want to be technical, when his turnovers put us down by 9 going into halftime. So once again it goes both ways. So did Sacre with his 5 unforced turnovers. We could go on and on tossing blame around, it ain't just Blake's one turnover at the end of the game that cost us and all the blame shouldn't fall on his shoulders solely.

Our bench unit and people that are on our bench played well tonight and had the game within reach, that is what I'm gonna focus on. But I'm not gonna bash the guy that had 11 points and hit 3/4 from three and helped us get back in the game.

It's the old coaches saying "its a battle of he didn't come through in crunch time vs we wouldn't have been in crunch time if it wasn't for him."

People take sides depending on the players they like.

Edited by Majesty, October 24, 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#590 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,755 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:23 PM

Steve Blake was a net negative tonight, like the majority of the time. Not sure how that can even be debated. Shot 4/8 with 4 assists? Cool. He had 4 turnovers, multiple offensive possessions where he picked up his dribble in TERRIBLE position, and a handful of trips down the floor where he couldn't even penetrate and we were left to watch MWP awkwardly try to create looks. His lack of ability in doing anything like a legitimate PG on the offensive has screwed us over on countless possessions over the last three years. Passing along the perimeter and making post entry feeds is not facilitating an offense. Aside from spotting up to brick multiple open looks, that's all he does for us offensively.

This isn't taking into account the horrid defense he played by getting picked off on every screen as well as a few possessions where a simple crossover and first step created nearly two feet of space between his man and himself.

#591 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,650 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:30 PM

we still got duhon!!!! :rock: :nah:

#592 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:31 PM

i hate blake and the clippers.

Posted Image

#593 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,796 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:33 PM

Steve Blake was a net negative tonight, like the majority of the time. Not sure how that can even be debated. Shot 4/8 with 4 assists? Cool. He had 4 turnovers, multiple offensive possessions where he picked up his dribble in TERRIBLE position, and a handful of trips down the floor where he couldn't even penetrate and we were left to watch MWP awkwardly try to create looks. His lack of ability in doing anything like a legitimate PG on the offensive has screwed us over on countless possessions over the last three years. Passing along the perimeter and making post entry feeds is not facilitating an offense. Aside from spotting up to brick multiple open looks, that's all he does for us offensively.

This isn't taking into account the horrid defense he played by getting picked off on every screen as well as a few possessions where a simple crossover and first step created nearly two feet of space between his man and himself.

And Meeks was a -21 and Jordan Hill was a -14. Both higher negatives than Blake.. your point?

Yet the opinion is our bench played well and our bench players looked better so yes :)

Edited by Majesty, October 24, 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#594 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,755 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:35 PM

Nash facilitates an offense, creates clean looks for others, and he sets up the swing by making the correct read the majority of the time. Blake can do none of this, he and Nash are worlds apart even when it comes to basic skills from the lead guard position. Nash also had 7 assists and multiple possessions where the man who caught the pass did not take advantage (either bobbled the pass or hesitated) and kept him from racking up another dime. Blake doesn't do that. 4 turnovers from a guard who's basic duty is to swing the ball on the perimeter and spot-up has a bigger negative impact than a floor general who does so much more on the floor. There really is no comparison between the two. This is clearly evident in the tremendous drop-off of the team offensively whenever either Nash or Kobe are off the floor. I find myself dreading the Blake substitution more and more because I know just how terrible the unit will look if Blake is in the backcourt without Bryant to cover for his sorry ass.

If Kobe is there in the backcourt alongside him, he ends up becoming the lead facilitator in our offense, not our backup guard who SHOULD be the guy doing this. Blake can't even fulfill the basic job description of a pointguard while on the floor. No facilitating, zero defensive ability, can't drive in and collapse defenses, and he's completely unreliable as a shooter.

The +/- stat is not reflective of a single player, but of a five man unit. Guess who was the lead guard on the floor for much of the game when our offense fell apart and we couldn't generate anything worthwhile early in the shot clock? It definitely wasn't Steve Nash.

#595 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,194 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:38 PM

And Meeks was a -21 and Jordan Hill was a -14. Both higher negatives than Blake.. your point?

Yet the opinion is our bench played well and our bench players looked better so yes :)

When would the appropriate time be then to criticize Blakes play? I'm just curious.

#596 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,701 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 24, 2012 - 09:52 PM

on a positive Hill looked amazing
Posted Image

#597 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,796 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 10:12 PM

When would the appropriate time be then to criticize Blakes play? I'm just curious.

criticizing is fine. putting sole blame for a loss on and ignoring all other efforts and positives prior? not so much.

Edited by Majesty, October 24, 2012 - 10:12 PM.

#598 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,701 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 24, 2012 - 11:16 PM

i know its pre season but im a bit worried about jamison
Posted Image

#599 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,465 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 24, 2012 - 11:35 PM

i know its pre season but im a bit worried about jamison

I know me too. If he had never done anything before this season he would look like a average scrub.

#600 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,014 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 02:24 AM

we still got duhon!!!! :rock: :nah:

The GOAT!

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users