Photo

Kevin Durant Still Adjusting To Play-Making Role

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,598 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 22, 2012 - 08:47 PM

Kevin Durant Undergoing Further Improvement As Passer

Posted Image

Kevin Durant appears to be making a big improvement as a passer this season.

Durant had a very low assist rate in his initial NBA seasons despite how frequently the ball was in his hands.

"I’m just trying to make the right play and slow down a little bit," said Durant. "I think I’m playing with a good pace, playing slow to fast and just being able to see the floor. I’m just taking my time. Last year I maybe was rushing and I might get a turnover. In the post, I might go to quickly and I don’t have anything to do. So I’m just slowing down. Mark Bryant has been really good at helping me in the post, and Rex (Kalamian) has been really good in pick-and-rolls, just telling me to slow down and try to make the right plays.”

Durant had only averaged 2.5 or 2.6 assists per 36 minutes until that number elevated to 3.3 in 11-12.

“I’m going on my sixth year so the game is starting to slow down for me a little bit. We practice every single day so I know where the passes are going to be. I just got to make them. It’s as simple as that. It’s just a matter of me coming off patient and waiting for the play to develop and either finding my teammate or finding a shot for myself.”

http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/2012/10/21/thunder-108-nuggets-101/

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, November 05, 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#2 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,598 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted November 05, 2012 - 08:52 PM

Kevin Durant Still Adjusting To Play-Making Role

Posted Image

By John Rohde | Published: November 4, 2012

Three-time All-Star Kevin Durant finished just two assists away from a triple-double against the Atlanta Hawks on Sunday night at Chesapeake Energy Arena.

He also finished just four turnovers shy of a quadruple-double as the Thunder lost 104-95 before a sellout crowd of 18,203.

Rarely does a player threaten a triple-double on what could be considered a so-so performance. Durant had 22 points, but shot just 7 for 17 from the field. He also had 12 points and eight rebounds, but committed six turnovers.

There have been several times the league's three-time scoring champ is thinking pass rather than shoot.

“I never complain about guys trying to make the extra pass and making the right play,” Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. “Kevin is a playmaker who makes the right play. I thought he passed up four shots tonight, and that's something I will talk to him about. When you're open, you've got to shoot it. That's what we talk about to all of our guys.”

Durant has 16 turnovers in three games, a number that would be considerably less if he would look to shoot rather than pass.

“Sometimes I've got to be more aggressive to score. That's what I do,” Durant said. “Next game I'll be better in that area. I've got to make more plays, my teammates and myself. Some shots I think I should have took, but I passed up, but I'll be better next time.”

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-thunder-notebook-kevin-durant-still-adjusting-to-playmaking-role/article/3725835#ixzz2BNC4V9hD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users