#121 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,595 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 22, 2012 - 09:21 PM

I Wish there was a way of buying out Antawn Jamison contract and trading Steve Blake and Chris Duhon .... then Sign CDR and Johnny Flynn

Why the hell would they do that?

Johnny Flynn is garbage just like Blake and Duhon.

#122 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,595 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 09:22 PM

Mitch and Jim doesn't think so. As for Ebanks ready or not here he comes plus CDR will be d-league for now till needed and untill we can open up a spot for him. I mean trading Blake and Duhon won't be easy to do.

They also thought it was a good idea to sign Blake...

They made a mistake on this move.

#123 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 530 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted October 22, 2012 - 09:33 PM

can players in the D-League be called up, mid-season? Is there any official rules as to how soon a players can be called up?

• 40,494 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 09:34 PM

^ Yeah, I'd like to know as well. How's that policy work? Anyone?

yo.

#125 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,884 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 22, 2012 - 09:37 PM

You can call up D-League players whenever you fee like it, as you would free agents.

#126 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,958 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 22, 2012 - 09:39 PM

^ Yeah, I'd like to know as well. How's that policy work? Anyone?

They can be called up at any time as long as the roster is not full. So basically CDR will be readily available for the Lakers whenever they need him, if they cut some other players and free up some space they could call him up on a day contract or a rest of the year contract. I think depending on Ebanks play and Meeks production he'll be there as a backup plan.

ALSO keep in mind in the D-league, he'd get MINUTES, something he wouldn't get with the way things are currently design(not consistent ones anyway) The Lakers have said on more than one occasion that if they sent him down there it would be so he could get consistent minutes, this was said I think the day we brought him into camp. Which makes sense.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,494 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 09:41 PM

Cool, so basically if any of our super-scrubs or Ebanks (borderline scrub career-wise so far) plays like feces, we can just call CDR right back up and ready to play? Can't another team though claim him or take him while he's on our D-league team snatching him away?

yo.

#128 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,958 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 09:42 PM

Cool, so basically if any of our super-scrubs or Ebanks (borderline scrub career-wise so far) plays like feces, we can just call CDR right back up and ready to play? Can't another team though claim him or take him while he's on our D-league team snatching him away?

They can, that's the risk. But other than that the Lakers pretty much have him on call if they ever need him, till then he'll be getting consistent minutes and if Ebanks starts to tank or something happens with Meeks they can call him up to take their place.

#129 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 22, 2012 - 09:53 PM

Why the hell would they do that?

Johnny Flynn is garbage just like Blake and Duhon.

Johnny Flynn is better than both those scrubs and would be an upgrade he hasn't had any decent minutes since his rookie year which wasn't that bad

#130 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 22, 2012 - 09:55 PM

Hopefully we can get younger players soon

#131 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 10:38 PM

They also thought it was a good idea to sign Blake...

They made a mistake on this move.

Not if you are sending him to d-league. Also you wanted Blake like the rest us because he could fit into the triangle which I'm guessing.

#132 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted October 22, 2012 - 10:39 PM

So much comedy from a certain poster on here....... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Free The Wave

#133 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 22, 2012 - 10:57 PM

They can be called up at any time as long as the roster is not full. So basically CDR will be readily available for the Lakers whenever they need him, if they cut some other players and free up some space they could call him up on a day contract or a rest of the year contract. I think depending on Ebanks play and Meeks production he'll be there as a backup plan.

ALSO keep in mind in the D-league, he'd get MINUTES, something he wouldn't get with the way things are currently design(not consistent ones anyway) The Lakers have said on more than one occasion that if they sent him down there it would be so he could get consistent minutes, this was said I think the day we brought him into camp. Which makes sense.

Is he even going to the D-fenders? That's really best case scenario..He signs with the D-Fenders and we call him if we can make room.

Urgh, I need a bit to get over the fact we waived a serviceable bench player because scrubs are taking up spots.

It looks like we didn't get as much of a steal in the Howard deal as people thought, our bench got kinda screwed. You gotta do what you gotta do..

Edited by JSaber20, October 22, 2012 - 11:00 PM.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#134 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 11:01 PM

Is he even going to the D-fenders? That's really best case scenario..He signs with the D-Fenders and we call him if we can make room.

Urgh, I need a bit to get over the fact we waived a serviceable bench player because scrubs are taking up spots.

It looks like we didn't get as much of a steal in the Howard deal as people thought, our bench got kinda screwed.

Nothing we can do when they are all guaranteed contracts.

#135 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,958 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 11:21 PM

It looks like we didn't get as much of a steal in the Howard deal as people thought, our bench got kinda screwed. You gotta do what you gotta do..

That was pretty much stated he'd be going to the D-Fenders if he got cut from the moment they brought him into camp :)

#136 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,328 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted October 22, 2012 - 11:43 PM

hhaha sucks for the CDR fanboys :laughing: But jokes aside .. I'm shocked he didn't make the team .. Players like him, media liked him, but there were indicators he wouldn't make the team all along .. He didn't get any playing time.

It's Goudelock and Sacre .. I'd be shocked if DJO makes the team.

#137 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,439 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 22, 2012 - 11:54 PM

hhaha sucks for the CDR fanboys :laughing: But jokes aside .. I'm shocked he didn't make the team .. Players like him, media liked him, but there were indicators he wouldn't make the team all along .. He didn't get any playing time.

It's Goudelock and Sacre .. I'd be shocked if DJO makes the team.

Being tht we spet 500k to just draft him we might pick him over Glock. I dont think Glock has anything else to show.

#138 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,595 posts

Posted October 23, 2012 - 08:39 AM

Not if you are sending him to d-league. Also you wanted Blake like the rest us because he could fit into the triangle which I'm guessing.

Didn't know much about him so I was w/e about the signing.

#139 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted October 23, 2012 - 08:45 AM

Magic waived Eyenga. Could he come back?

#140 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted October 23, 2012 - 08:49 AM

Magic waived Eyenga. Could he come back?

Marc Spears from yahoo mentioned that the Lakers really liked him so I wonder if Lakers add to the d-fenders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users