• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#41 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:39 PM

[expletive].
Why would you cut one of the only NBA level dudes on our bench! This just made our bench [expletive]ing worse.

Our bench was going to be week regardless.

#42 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,533 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:40 PM

All it matters to me is that I got it right that CDR was not going to make it past camp.

good to know you care about the team. u mean nothing,ur thoughts mean nothing

"The West aint close, now that the LAL got Dwight, who gon stop him on OKC!????" - Chris Webber (nba tv -August)

Big 4s are OVERRATED. you think Nash/Kobe/Dwight cant carry the whole Offensive load!?
(Peace Pau we need pieces, not MettaWorldPieces!!!!!!!!)

#43 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,938 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:42 PM

Don't disrespect other members.

#44 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:42 PM

I'll care when the regular season starts.

#45 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,056 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:11 PM

How do you cut him over DJO and Goudelock? Unbelievable. He was the one true scorer off the bench (that can actually score) and they cut him. :nah:
Posted Image

#46 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,528 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:17 PM

damn..after all those comments kobe made to him...i guess they weren't enough to convince mitch/brown

#47 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,723 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hahaha. "Bonefied scorer" I remember u guys were saying that the reason MB didn't play him a lot in the preseason was because he already had a spot on the team and that he wanted to give the other players a chance. Lol how people overreact. Ebanks scored more than CDR in one game than CDR did the whole preseason. So eat crow all u people telling me I was crazy. Respect the name.

#48 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,727 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:26 PM

If I had to make sense of it, I'd say they took Goudelock and DJO over him (well, so far) because those two can spread the floor better. LA lacks shooters, and they probably see Ebanks as a versatile slasher, which is what CDR was going to be for us...and sadly, Ebanks has his contract and no-trade clause.

• 39,006 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:38 PM

Cano is gonna have a cow

Not really. Already knew it. Guess you haven't been reading most of my posts regarding him lately. Wouldn't surprise me if he eventually gets on to another team and does well. I'll definitely be rooting for him. I'm sure he has a chip on his shoulder.

I'd say to some extent, there was some injustice here. Mike Brown obviously did not show him much or enough respect. That's too bad.

yo.

#50 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:38 PM

Nice job cutting a player that had already proven he could log 20-25 contributing minutes a night.

CDR is actually a better player than Ebanks, and better than any other rookie or sophomore we have.

Oh well.

Exactly. For us to keep bonafide scrubs (lol) in morris and goudelock in favor of a proven 10ppg scorer in CDR with position flexibility is ridiculous
Posted Image

#51 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:47 PM

If I had to make sense of it, I'd say they took Goudelock and DJO over him (well, so far) because those two can spread the floor better. LA lacks shooters, and they probably see Ebanks as a versatile slasher, which is what CDR was going to be for us...and sadly, Ebanks has his contract and no-trade clause.

Ebanks is better he just needs the mins alongside the starters to get full value out of him. Remember Kobe has given him the shooting bible like he gave Ariza. Ebanks has put the work in during the offseason he ready. just needs to be unleashed.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

• 39,006 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:51 PM

Ebanks is better.

Really? What has he done? Give me some of his biggest games in the regular season, where it counts. Tell me and show me how many moves he has in his offensive arsenal. Please, if you're not truly certain of what you're saying, refrain from doing so.

yo.

#53 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,723 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:55 PM

Really? What has he done? Give me some of his biggest games in the regular season, where it counts. Tell me and show me how many moves he has in his offensive arsenal. Please, if you're not truly certain of what you're saying, refrain from doing so.

Who had more points? Ebanks against the kings on Friday? Or CDR in the whole preseason?

#54 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:58 PM

CDR hasnt done anything of relevance and he got time to showcase his skills. When Ebanks got time as a starter for LA in place of kobe he did well. When he seldomly got chances when Kobe was healthy he proved he can play solid defense above anything else. Like i said without meaningful mins you cant fully gadge Ebanks value unless you are a hooper and can recognize game. Look at his improvements in these pre-season gms its coming along nicely. In his arsenal = that is still being developed. He is learning directly from Kobe and if you watch he is doing a decent poormans version. Look at spots on the floor where he is attacking & look at setup moves he does = fake baby Kobe. After a full season of playing meaningful mins & producing his confidence will continue to grow & his arsenal will expand as well. But his athleticism & length will get him by and as long as he hits solid % of the wide open jumpers he will get = exhaust that first b4 trying to look for him to be a dominant scorer. HE is here for the youth, athleticism, & the defense vs younger athletic teams. I dont refrain from anything cuz I recognize his talent much like the coaching staff does. They made a mistake letting Ariza go the $ wasnt right. THis kid has a better upside & comes at dirt cheap pricetag.

Keep things in perspective for the position & yrs the player been in NBA along with Salary

Edited by gque24, October 22, 2012 - 02:59 PM.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

• 39,006 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 03:06 PM

I'm not talking about potential. I'm talking about right now. Who is the more proven NBA contributor? That [expletive]'s not even close and it's absolutely ridiculous to compare and just talk about preseason. As mentioned by several others, it was pretty obvious Douglas-Roberts didn't even get that fair of a shot during the whole preseason. Even the few games he played, he played extremely limited minutes in comparison to Ebanks and he also had to play more times than not with some of the worser super-scrubs around him. There was clear favoritism there from the get-go. He had to beat the odds to begin with big-time. In some ways, a level of disrespect considering his NBA career & resume to this point in comparison, but that's life. The playing field isn't always fair. He'll do his thing on the D-league team most likely if Majesty is right about him really going there or else somewhere else I'm sure.

yo.

#56 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 22, 2012 - 03:08 PM

Damn it...No words. Our bench offense is atrocious, and we let go of a guy who can actually score!!

Our bench is NOT atrocious.
htCCl0m.png

#57 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,589 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 22, 2012 - 03:08 PM

And you're picking DJO over Goudelock right? Or are you still sort of on the fence on that eventhough you feel DJO will be better for Goudelock, where does DJO fit in our system in comparison to Goudelock in your opinion?

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#58 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 678 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 03:09 PM

One thing some fans don't realize, that even though we heard he did good in practices or had a nice pre-season game, there are always reasons to why players get cut such as not understanding the offense, understanding defensive schemes or just being inconsistent.

The way I look at it, if this guy was going to be a legitimate bench impact, why let him go? That's a decision made by the coach, his staff, and the front office.

Very simple.

You can not keep a player on the roster when you don't have any room because of guaranteed contracts and you have a log jam at guard.

#59 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 22, 2012 - 03:09 PM

Who had more points? Ebanks against the kings on Friday? Or CDR in the whole preseason?

he most likely has more points than steve nash too. guess he's better than nash. Stupid logic is Stupid.

#60 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,711 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted October 22, 2012 - 03:10 PM

GO Sacre GO SACRE ! :rock:

Waive Darius Morris !

I wonder what would be the reaction of Darius Believer if the lakers waive him instead of sacre :laughing:

33bkfif.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users